Comments Characters as representatives for stuff you like

• No, I would just wait for a decent figure to appear or, just give up, as I am not that into other merchandises much. Maybe I will try to grab a physical copy of the original game or etc., but that is not very easy in this world when most of the content is distributed digitally.
    1 month ago
    Chloe-tsundere The louise otaku
    Nah if I like the serie but there isn't a fig of the character I love then I just get the manga or bluray but not a figure of the character from said serie idc much for... I can't get happiness from that.
    1 month ago
    SebastianLover1 month ago#96214425Oh my god I feel this so hard. This is literally the shining example of a 2000s anime only getting merch/figures of the lead females and not the actual protagonist. Why no Kazuma?T^T But still a damn good anime. I think if it came out 10 years later, we'd have a better selection of merch/figures.omg I think you might be the first person I've ever met that even knows of Yakitate Japan, let alone enjoys it! I'd love a figure of Kazuma and Kanmuri, they were such fun characters u_u

It's nice to see that the figure market evolved as the companies eventually realized male characters also have big fanbases that are willing to throw a lot of money at them lmao
    1 month ago
    I would say I'm super into Fate, but I really dislike Nero. Nevertheless, I bought her figma, because I'm very much of a "Gotta Catch 'Em All" kind of mindset...
    1 month ago
    I get it and I do it as well. Most of the series I collect from have figures of the characters I like the most but there have been a few instances where I buy the figure for representation of the series because I liked the series even if the character/figure isn't my favorite. Or maybe I'll have bought it to go with the other figures from that series that I already own. It's kind of like collecting sets and such sometimes, which I like doing.
    1 month ago
    I understand the mentality, but I don't personally do it. If my favorite character from a series doesn't have merch/a figure I feel cheated if I get something else. Say if only Ciel from Kuroshitsuji got a figure but Sebastian didn't, it'd feel like a total slap in the face to me. I will settle for merch instead of a figure just to have something of that character, but I won't settle for a different character's merch/figure even if I like the character. This made the 2000s really hard as usually I'd like the male protagonist/male cast but mostly only the girls got figures back then.

AlienEmoji1 month ago#96175895No, if a series doesn't have a figure of my preferred character, I generally skip merch and have the show live on in my heart. u_u
    A big example for me is Yakitate!! Japan ENTRY #345
    While I REALLY enjoyed the show and it's very special to me as an obscure hidden gem I found in by a weird coincidence, if the only figures I get to choose from are 2 eyecandy figures of a female side character I didn't particularly care about, I'd rather not own anything.

1 month ago
    Broserpina The magi-cooliest✧
    Being uncompromising on the characters I buy is how I curb my spending. :'3
    1 month ago
    Oh i used to do this all the time! Back when I first started collecting I didn't have a lot of money, and not many figures were made of characters I liked, so I had a "take what i could get" attitude. (then again my budget really only allowed for blind-boxed trading figures at cons, so it wasn't like I could pick the figure I wanted to begin with...)

Some of my first figures were ITEM #16461 and ITEM #4347; though I like the characters, they weren't necessarily my favorites. I was happy to have them all the same, though! And in Gurren Lagann's case I wouldn't be able to add my faves to my collection until I saw them for sale unboxed and secondhand some time later...

Nowadays I don't do this as much, though - I'm more selective about the figures I buy, and the (male) characters I like have a higher chance of getting the figure treatment. How times have changed :3
    1 month ago
    Since I started collecting by buying prize figures at a local con as a teen, the selection was really limited and my budget even more so, so yeah, the first couple of figures I got were 'representatives' of series. The first figures I ever got were ITEM #262436 and ITEM #199507 because my favourite character had become so wanted and rare his price shot up way above my budget. Luckily since then I've found him (ITEM #217608) on here for a good price thanks to a little damage. I also made do with keychains and straps, since most series I liked were just out of the zeitgeist, the prize figures were already gone and the scales too expensive.

Another couple that acts as 'representatives' are my JJBA prize figures, I have one of each part that I've watched to represent the entire part. Oh and since there is only one single nedoroid of one of my all-time favourite characters from DMMD, plus he's a fan favourite, his price has also skyrocketed waaay beyond what I can justify paying. So I just got the main character, who's really the only one that gets figures.

So many series I love do not have any figures though (or are insanely priced on the aftermarket), so I'll probably get straps and keychains to fill the void eventually.
    1 month ago
    I only collect figures of characters I really love/enjoy or if the figure is based off of an illustration I really like.

I can understand why people want to collect characters they don’t really like especially if it is in regard to a figure set and they want to compete it
    Other than that, I do not quite understand why someone should collect a character they do not like. However to each their own.
    1 month ago
Great Figures, Amazing Service, Fantastic Price!