Comments Small black dots on the figures...

• fantasy_trance5 days ago#96293022I actually had a figure that had dots like this. It was my Link Nendoroid ITEM #287755. I never figured out how to get rid of the dots. I just got used to it. I'm sorry I don't have better advice but I do know what you're talking about!
    It's better to keep faceplates out of the blister anyway because if they get left in there too long, they can get sticky. Many people keep their faceplates in a separate box with dividers kind of like a box for sewing threads.

Well, I guess it's time to buy boxes for accessories from nendoroids. I hope I can find a place in my room for them lol.
    Perhaps the blister really turned out to be the cause of the black dots (but this is so strange), since the faceplates of nendoroids that weren't stored in the blister are fine..
    5 days ago

5 days ago
    TrixieTang5 days ago#96292211Any pics of the issue?
    I wanted to take a photo, but unfortunately the focus of my camera doesn't catch these dots
    5 days ago
    Iskana5 days ago#96292201How strange. Any kind of temperature fluctuations? Like, normally I'd just assume the black dots on the faceplates come from the plasticizer View spoilerHide spoilerI think that's what causes the gasses? stuff not being aired out from the blisters. Since it can make them sticky and all that. But on a displayed figure... Have you tried washing it with non-aggressive soaps? Just a soft sponge, or rag, and water, and try wiping them off.
    Just sounds weird.

No, I don't have any temperature fluctuations at home. I tried to wash off these dots with a wet rag, cotton buds and a magic eraser but nothing happened. Maybe I really should try to get rid of them with soap.
    5 days ago
    Chloe-tsundere The louise otaku
    Fly poo is the first thing that comes to my mind... but you have closed cabinets and boxes so hmm..
    5 days ago
    Any pics of the issue?
    5 days ago
    chiyo135 days ago#96292126No, I definitely don't live in a humid climate, and my house is more likely to suffer from a lack of moisture.
    Unfortunately, I can't take a photo because the camera focus doesn't catch these spots.
    They are similar to the dots that we put at the end of a sentence with a pen (I don't know how to explain it correctly loool)

Just sounds weird.
    5 days ago
    Iskana6 days ago#96292103If you live in a humid area, or have it stored/displayrd where it's humid could it maybe be mold? That'd be worst case scenenario.
    Parts kept in the boxes/blisters should often be aired out, so that nothing accumulates inside. Not sure why a displayed item would start having spots appear.
    Maybe you could post some pictures, so people can see the situation? Just upload to MFC, and add to the article.

5 days ago

6 days ago
    tybalitus6 days ago#96290894I notice some spots on my nendoroid faceplates, but on mine it's due to paint transfer from the hair pieces. You can get rid of most spots with a magic eraser, just avoid the painted parts like the eyes, because the eraser can scuff it up.
    Yeah, I know that spots can appear because of hair pieces.. but the places on my figures faceplates where these spots appear don't touch other details in any way
    6 days ago
Importing games,toys, and more from Japan since 2002!