Comments A piece so special that I forget I actually own it

• AcePlatinum11 hours ago#97944107Oh lol, I remember that shot. If I see the proceeding one by chance, I will let you know!
    Ah, just think of it now as money set aside for another cell! ^^

bless u <3
    11 hours ago
    AlienEmoji11 hours ago#97944100the cel i wanted was really funny bc like, remember how he peeks out from the hole after he kills avdol? it was that. it was just like a part of his head. it was so funny. and it was like $70+$20 shipping. god i was so stupid to not buy it aghhh

Ah, just think of it now as money set aside for another cell! ^^
    11 hours ago
    AcePlatinum12 hours ago#97944054Ohhh noooo...sorry to hear that, that is truly heartbreaking Y.Y when you miss an opportunity at a time when you had the chance...TT hopefully you can get a similar one in the future!
    11 hours ago
    SegaGirl500013 hours ago#97944051thankfully despite all of slovenia's shortcomings, one good thing i can say about it is that we have no student debt, which is great because i genuinely feel that my years at art academy were more or less a total waste of time and i'd hate to pay for it lmao

my dad is a high school art history teacher, but he's in general extremely knowledgeable about art and has influenced me greatly, especially with his insight in minimalism and japanese art (he's a big lover of sumi-e paintings).

Nowadays i mostly read comics online, but i order jojonium volumes since i want a whole collection. back in college when i had a nice book store on the way home i stopped there more frequently to look at comics but i dont do that much anymore since i moved.

I'm interested in a variety of fashion as long as it captures my interest in some way or another tbh, the most important thing to me is to see good use of colour and striking shapes. Looking at my fashion inspiration folders, no brand really stands out prominently among others. I generally tend to follow new collections on Vogue, as well as stuff like tokyo fashion. Araki's designs in JJBA greatly sparked my interest in fashion tbh.
    11 hours ago
    AlienEmoji13 hours ago#97944015mann back when jojo cels were still somewhat affordable on ebay i had my eye on a really nice vanilla ice one but i was taking too much time and someone beat me to it, i regret it to this day T_T

12 hours ago
    AlienEmoji13 hours ago#97944031OHHHHHHHHH no I got you! sorry I thought because of character design you did asdfghjkl- ah you studied illustration! You mentioned a lot of concepts I learned in school too, haha. I did like my time at my college but Yeah Don't Like Student Debt but also like I'm just gonna get student debt at another school I don't want to be at yknow?? Plus even though I love animation it was super hard for me to teach myself, I definitely needed guidance (looking at my art 4 years ago vs now is always insane... I thought I was so good but everyone had the same face asdf)
    My family isn't the most art oriented (the one relative I have involved in art lives in the faraway land of Canada, I can't talk much about it without revealing personal info but he's well known) and all of my art teachers in public school were... they were something so I just doodled everywhere. A lot of it was my own drive in the end but having someone who like... knew how to do art and supported me was life changing? that sounds a bit cheesy but it's true!
    Oh I used to collect a lot of comics! I mostly get volumes now but I used to go out to my local store and get the single issues all the time, is it different where you live? Also what sorts of fashion are you into, are you more into haute couture/luxury kind of stuff or do you like specific styles? sorry if i'm talking a lot lol
    13 hours ago
    SegaGirl500015 hours ago#97943910
    you misunderstood a little, i haven't studied animation.
    my country doesn't even offer that education lmao, but also it's not something I was ever interested in pursuing as a job (though i dabble every now and then). even when i was little i kinda came to the conclusion that with animation industry you're either american, being able/willing to move to america, or you just don't work in animation industry lmfao, especially down here in the balkans

i studied illustration, and then proceeded to develop my style and interests in the direction of comics and character/fashion design in my own time. i make a humble living as a freelance artist online & most of my knowledge comes from my own pursuits, not from any formal education bc honestly fuck formal education lmao

above all i just love art and was raised in an art-loving family.
    animation definitely falls into the category of things i am very passionate about, along with comics, character design, fashion and of course illustration.
    13 hours ago
    AcePlatinum14 hours ago#97943973Oh yeah, I feel yah...even the vanilla ice ones are kinda pricey as well....
    *Sad sobbing noises*

13 hours ago
    AlienEmoji17 hours ago#97943838Yea i check ebay every now and then but tbh the prices are way outside my range, i literally barely make $400 a month so... u_u

Oh yeah, I feel yah...even the vanilla ice ones are kinda pricey as well....

*Sad sobbing noises*
    14 hours ago
    AlienEmoji2 days ago#97924644I'm always down to talk about animation!!
    (though my field of knowledge is more prominent in character design)
    Man reading your adult swim experience makes me so unpleasantly aware that i live in a country that basically doesn't have a single animation studio

Oh yeah a lot of people at my school study to go into pre-production stuff (character design, concept, storyboarding, yadayada) and also at one point I thought I was going to go into that field... until I realized if I was going to do storyboarding for the rest of my life I would go insane. I got into motion graphics and now specialize in AE compositing and I'm much happier lol. The work y'all do is crazy!! I love talking about all of the sides (...and not throwing shade to anyone but people who actually know the industry HEHE)

Also ah... I live in an animation hub (not California) so I don't realize how close I am to actual studios... the adult swim location here does more commercial/promo and live action stuff now rather than animated show production (they still make a few, I know Gemusetto Machu Picchu's creator lives in my city) but it still has SO much stuff from when they did it was so jarring. I have pictures from the studio (I was cleared to take them) if you want me to DM you them!
    15 hours ago