Comments Prime1 & Sideshow HAUL - Picture Heavy!

Be proud of your inner child
  • D_A_R7 days ago#97946285I bought the Prime1 Batman at a German Shop called Bunker158. I can also highly recommend figurine-collector.fr and metropolis-collectibles.com - I got 2 of my Sideshow statues from there.
    Thank you! I'll check those out. Prime 1 just announced a new economy shipping option for EU customers with taxes and customs prepaid, and all paperwork handled by them in advance. Maybe that will also be a good option now.
    7 days ago
    Linkeatbanana7 days ago#97945171Congrats on the haul! I'm not into super heroes but I can see that those are quality statues! May I ask where you get your Prime 1 statues from since you're located in the EU? I'm interested in Prime 1 but EU retailers have extremely high prices compared to Prime 1's website, and I'm scared of customs if ordering directly from Japan.

7 days ago
    7 days ago
    Satansbakesale9 days ago#97923083I'm not a huge fan of super heroes but those statues are amazing! Especially the shading and small texture details. I feel like once you start collecting resins you need more! Also it's crazy how different a resin collector reacts to paint defects or breakage vs a pvc or vinyl collector. I had some damage on ITEM #686543 base and I just ignored it because it could be worse(it was a tiny snap on one of the horns) yet I see one negative feedback on a primarily statue seller from a funko buyer about box condition.

From what I heard, other people had a lot more problems with their Batman (mostly black & white paint dots), so I'm even happier I got one, where you can barely see the defects. :)

RPG_FAN1289 days ago#97923084Nice to see some good old DC Comics and Marvel merch shown off here. That is an extremely dynamic pose, amazing design! I used to be horrified to ever buy dynamic pieces like that due to the fact that PVC figures will always lean. But now that I have some high quality resin (etc) statues that are dynamic I can clearly see the difference. They won't be leaning. :)

I'm not a huge DC fan myself, but I loved the Arkham Games and I really like their take on all the characters. I plan to collect mostly Marvel resins, because I grew up with a lot of the 90s comics, especially Spider-Man & X-Men. I'll make an exception for videogame statues, I think. The next statue that's gonna arrive is a Nier Automate piece.

Archiwheel9 days ago#97925608The least I can say is: that is a stunning haul! Those resins are impressive.
    I love the textures on Prime1 Batman and the base of Symbiote Spiderman. Also, I'm glad for you that everything went well. Looking forward to seeing your upcoming haul as well!

Thank you!

matthewn44449 days ago#97927155Nice, been interested in Prime1 since I preordered ITEM #1077258
    I was wondering how the quality of the resin or plastic is since it is different material than most of the figures using PVC such like texture and feel to maybe something of quality from higher end figures from BINDing (or even FREEing). The quality on these Prime 1 figures seems amazing.

Resin is a huge difference. I think the only thing that's bothering me is that a lot of times the sculpted hair look weird, especially if it's supposed to be a very realistic character. All of the resins I have stand very save and I think there's no risk of bending over time, since it's manufactured very well. The Spider-Man for example has a peg that goes all the way from his hand to his shoulder. It's all solid, so it's very heavy. The details, especially the different textures, stand out a lot more than on pvc statues and a lot of the times metallic paint jobs on the armor or weapons for example, look a lot more realistic.

I can definitely recommend it. :) Personally, I wouldn't go larger than 1/4, especially after I've seen how big they can be.

Thank you all for reading & commenting!
    8 days ago
    Nice, been interested in Prime1 since I preordered ITEM #1077258

9 days ago
    The least I can say is: that is a stunning haul! Those resins are impressive.
    9 days ago