Comments Ever Fixed a Broken Figure on Your Own?

• I tend to forget about this instance all the time but I opened ITEM #549107 when I got her and literally broke her like 10 seconds after unboxing her. Kind of difficult to notice from her photos but she has a little spike on each of her boots right on her foot and I broke one of them off by accident. Thankfully it was really easy to fix though, just used some strong, clear glue and you can't even tell it was broken.
    3 days ago
    Most of mine have just been supergluing broken pieces back together (a number of snapped drum pieces on ITEM #26787, part of the gear on ITEM #183069, which both luckily aren't noticeable once glued), though with ITEM #136444 one of the pegs for one of her twintails snapped and got stuck inside the head, and I had to use the tiniest drillbits ever to drill through the inside of her back hairpiece and push it back out again. I was gonna make a mould and cast of an unbroken peg so I could replace it, but just never got around to it lol
    Using those tiny tiny drillbits again now for a broken figma stand where the peg snapped and got stuck inside that extra bent peg so I can hopefully drill in, superglue a handle of some kind in and pull it out again and maybe glue it back together again? We'll see lmao

Honestly proudest of myself though that one of the clear plastic pieces on ITEM #396870's mask that hold it behind his ears was loose out of the box and eventually fell off and got lost, and only a few days ago I decided I'd cut a bit out of the plastic top of a pack of babywipes and glue it back on, and it looks near indistinguishable from the other side so :]]

I have a lot of trouble with the same thing of even a tiny thing being broken ruining the enjoyment of my figures but I just try to remind myself that it doesn't matter if it effects any kind of resell value if I never plan on reselling and the figure is just for me, and if I can fix it myself then I feel a little accomplished out of it haha
    4 days ago
    I broke the handle off of ITEM #117920 Dark Repulser the very first time I handled it. I tried to just super glue it, but that failed miserably and broke apart instantly, leaving a glob of gross glue residue at the hilt. My brother (the veteran miniatures guru) was able to remove a large amount of it and then showed me how to pin it. It's much better now, and I learned a really good skill in the process.

ITEM #414719 had an plate fall off the side with the lightest touch, but a (very) little dab of superglue gel on a toothpick to the attachment point and it's completely hidden, and stronger than new.

I bought ITEM #965 in a very damaged state specifically to start learning how to fix figures. She had paint scuffs all over, the pegs on the base were broken and poorly glued, the base was cracked and IIRC her sword was snapped. I ended up using trimmed roofing nails for pegs (due to the super flat base, I couldn't find a way to get normal rods to stick securely and they were the PERFECT diameter). I used a magic eraser on the scuffs and pinned the sword (I think?? it was years ago) and sanded down and tinted the base to get rid of glue stains, but that didn't work very well. I should have just used a proper clear coat...

ITEM #549384 came from the manufacturer with her feet drilled at the wrong angle and full of flashing, which caused her to not fit properly on the base, and broke the base and both pegs. GSC was kind enough to replace everything, so when I felt brave enough I ended up fixing her with some steel rods and some carefull hand-drilling. I even made two cuts on the base disc to let her stand next to ITEM #549389 in a Detolf without being offset. I liked it so much I eventually sold the replacement and have kept the defective one happily in my display ever since.

I'm positive there are some more, but I can't remember which ones. It's been a while since I've had to do any notable repairs (I swear ITEM #464912 I'll fix your wrist eventually!)
    4 days ago
    soratsukii too broke for this hobby :,)
    yes. super glue is my best friend. i glued ITEM #774934 back together after i by accidentally snapped off one of her legs (i was tryna put her foot peg into the base or whatever its called). i bought her pre-owned and w/o box, so it was no surprise. lol.

i also had to super-glue ITEM #672277 together where her sock and foot meet (it came broken and sticky- someone prob broke it during shipping or something, got a refund doe..) Its slightly wobbly and tilted, but it works. oh well. Again, i got it for a cheap price and w/o box. no surprise
    4 days ago
    Yea actually. Back when I got ITEM #664015 her hand was broken. It was a clean break so I was able to fix it with gorilla glue and you can't even see it. The second time I had to fix ITEM #797882 for the same reason. Again it was a clean break so I was able to fix it and you can't even see it.
    4 days ago
    2 of them actually

ITEM #198356 The peg for one of her wings ended up breaking (mostly because people don't know how to keep their hands to themselves). Was able to carefully glue it back and you can't really tell the difference beyond one wing being more loose than the other. Read an article on here that taught me how and was able to do it well

ITEM #61338 Almost immediately after opening her, her bow snapped in half when trying to get it in her hand. Got it glued back and it's functional, but it's kinda noticeable where it broke because of how it did
    4 days ago
    Footpegs, in particular, I have had to glue so many of them that I don't even remember which figures they are broken on anymore, haha. Honestly, other than pegs, scuff marks, and a little inadvertent paint transfer, I have never caused any major breaks in almost 20 years of collecting figures. I better go knock on all the wood and do a luck ritual after saying that though, now I am nervous.
    4 days ago
    I just recently had ITEM #121205 ITEM #213884 and ITEM #740816 all break on me when the shelf they were on snapped, but I've managed to repair them all and get them looking good!
    4 days ago
    Yup, all the time - in fact, I buy figures I want quite often with damage. Gotten lots of amazing deals that way. Being able to fix figures is a really useful skill to have, especially when you're collecting older ones.
    5 days ago
    Yep! I broke one of ITEM #813031's earrings off because I thought it might be detachable. Used some super glue to put it back. I always liked having super glue on hand for broken things, but since collecting figures, I feel it's almost essential. I had my share of taking out broken pegs out of sockets too.
    5 days ago