Comments FuRyu Albedo! But something went wrong...

Your hassle-free Japan shopping proxy .
  • BeardedCynic4 days ago#97932399Agreed that you are taking a risk with used stuff, I had to have her and missed the preorder. Life got hectic, had my whole collection packed away for 4-5 years because I didn't have space to display them where I was living. We bought a new house last year though and I was finally able to break them all back out.
    Did yours not come with the supports that go under the wings or do those just not stop the drooping long term?
    Here is a picture of her in the case with the supports, also, sorry for the nude Sonico in the background, hopefully, the NSFW tag warned you, lol.

No problems with the Sonico, all good.

Mine came with those same supports, but they don't really.. do much. They clearly made these to try and deal with how heavy they made the wings and didn't provide any additional anchoring support than the PVC nubs that slot in her back. They are not a flush fit, there is a lot of play which causes the wings to droop a lot. That's what those stupid plastic mounts are for, to hold and support the wing tips from rubbing against the ground.

The only solution is some DIY fix like I mentioned before. Just been lazy, but it's a fix that's not too difficult (I think). But those wings are not supposed to rest on anything near the ground, fixing that is the main goal
    3 days ago
    BeardedCynic4 days ago#97931213Nice, thanks for the advice, if I get brave, I might try it. I just don't want to strip the paint off a figure I paid nearly $500, lol.

No worries, glad I could help. I get you though, as I have had reservations about using Magic Erasers on more expensive figures but honestly as long as you're careful with it and be gentle it really is harmless. :)
    3 days ago
    rogue_g4 days ago#97931634That's the risk with used figures, people very often don't put back the plastic sheets originally placed when brand new. Those pieces of plastic were put there for a reason, people! Lot of lazy collectors out there. Even if you throw that stuff out, you can easily find replacement.. hint: sandwich bags cut along the seams
    Anyway, glad to see someone finding this figure around still. I managed to get her during preorder, and my only major issue is the wing anchor points. I've been meaning to use putty or something to provide better support so the wings stay put, failing that maybe do some pinning to keep them in place. Really bugs me the droop on them.

4 days ago

4 days ago
    RockGodItachi4 days ago#97931205I've used them for years and have never had any paint issues being removed with it, I've used them on PVC figures, garage kits and polystone and had no issues. The trick is to apply a small amount of pressure when you use it and move it in a circular motion rather than rubbing at the stain. I usually cut a piece off. Then you just wet it and squeeze it so it's not dripping. Make sure you use the right side, the box will show which is the correct one, as the other side is rougher and I think that's where people (possibly) have made mistakes with it. It might take a couple of minutes but usually perseverance should win in the end. :)

4 days ago
    BeardedCynic4 days ago#97931198I have always heard that, but I am scared it will damage the paint. Do you have any specific tips for using one, especially in tight spaces?

4 days ago
    RockGodItachi4 days ago#97931195This sucks to see, I ordered a figure a while back from Solaris, when it arrived the box was slightly destroyed luckily though the figure survived. I can say that if this is just normal paint transfer, try a magic eraser, as I use them a lot and it does work wonders! :)

4 days ago
    4 days ago
    dtindcarea4 days ago#97925937Sorry this happened to you. It is similar to my experience buying this ITEM #155931 used. It was supposed to be "like new" condition but when I got it, her shorts were scratched up in various places and there was one area that was scratched up so badly that it took off a section of paint. It was shipped from Japan to the US and it probably was "like new" when they shipped it. However, they didn't secure the figure and it's parts well (and it has a big base that is moderately heavy). There was only a clam shell holding everything but since it was a SEGA figure (they tend to be inexpensive figures with cheap packaging) the clam shell pieces didn't have any notches to hold them together. So, there was literally nothing to prevent all the pieces from moving around during shipping and it is likely that the base was bouncing against the figure during shipment. All they needed to do was tape the two clam shells together and the parts would have probably stayed together well enough to prevent the parts from hitting each other during shipment but they didn't seem to realize how loose the figure parts were in the box.
    Anyway, I would have had to pay the shipping costs to send it back so I decided it wasn't worth the cost of sending it back and re-painted it myself and I'm happy with it after my re-paint. It is one of the better Yoko figures out there in my opinion despite being a SEGA made figure. I've noticed that sellers of used figures (non-collectors) frequently re-sell used figures with missing original packaging and they might not even know how the figure was packed originally. You would think that Solaris would have been better but it is not surprising generally that sellers sell things "as-is" and don't spend the time to see if a figure needs more internal packaging

Truth, I really hope they do something about it though. I have enjoyed doing business with Solaris up until this point, I don't want to feel like the relationship is soured after this.
    4 days ago

4 days ago
Your hassle-free Japan shopping proxy .