Comments Figures in Bizarre Situations

• SegaGirl50002 days ago#97956636Oh that's actually really cool!! BeardedCynic2 days ago#97951710That isn't bizarre, that's really cool.

Gah, thank you for saying so! It really is a fun way to enjoy the hobby. The company I order them from makes viewers with various colors, so you could even color coordinate with your display. (Though I use a vintage 80s View Master with mine.)
    2 days ago
    azureblue2 days ago#97946729The eagle story reminds me a lot of this one, where a guy got his ITEM #196078 snatched away by a kite, leaving only her socks and shoes behind...He had her for 20 years??? Jeez I get upset when I accidentally leave hand sanitizer at a restaurant... I can't imagine losing something I've had for 20 years to a bird of prey. (Maybe the kite wants to start their own collection?)
    2 days ago
    lesser-robot-cat2 days ago#97947574Uh... you could say I've got photos of customs, yeah... Okay, okay, we'll go for an UNUSUAL one. Let me show you this, this, this, and this.
    What are they? Custom-printed stereoscopic reels of my custom Nendoroids in custom dioramas. (Yo dawg I heard you like customs.) Um... y'all I can't recommend this enough. When you put your eyeballs up to the viewer, it's like being the only person in a movie theater showing your beloved figures on the screen. If you do a photo story in chronological order, it is so, so cool to watch the story in a stereoscope.
    Unfortunately, I'm not clever enough with cameras to make mine actually 3D, but even without that, little tricks with framing and depth of field can imitate the look just a bit.
    ...is that bizarre enough for you?
    Oh that's actually really cool!! I'm not much into figure photography (all of my cameras have been pretty crappy in the past, I FINALLY got a decent phone camera this year lol) but getting custom prints is so cool *_*
    I've only seen a few strange custom figures and they tend to be really bad funko pop or barbie paintovers; I do remember seeing an article on here forever ago where someone made a custom nendoroid (out of one that was like brand new at the time) and they made it into some flash cartoon character (but humanized?). No shade but definitely one of the weirder sources. It worked out minus the paint job being bad.
    2 days ago
    ...is that bizarre enough for you?

That isn't bizarre, that's really cool. Those reels would make really great custom decorations in cabinets as well. I have been mulling over how to improve my displays all day, so I am in the mode of scoping out cool stuff to go in there, lol. Thanks for sharing this, and great job with all the work you put into it!

I can imagine putting an iconic scene from a show on one of these and then displaying it next to a figure from the same show. Maybe along with an animation cell or something, really cool that this exists.
    2 days ago

...is that bizarre enough for you?
    2 days ago
    2 days ago
    BeardedCynic3 days ago#97945121lol, this whole post is hilarious. I feel like I need to make a PSA though. It's like the Flex-seal/Flex-tape meme at this point. Figure PVC is not food-grade/safe material! Do not eat it and do not eat with it or off of it, haha...okay there we go.Oh yeah some of these are slightly concerning... mainly the fish tank ones. If there's a proper sealant it's usually fine but it can hurt the fishe if you just toss it in there :( (i have pet fish so I'm always a big stickler for how people treat their tanks hehe)
    3 days ago
    xosen1223 days ago#97944171imgur.com/galle...
    Hoping this works.

Oh yeah, it does now, thanks! lemme just-
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA MIKU NOOOOOOO
    3 days ago
    3 days ago
    SegaGirl50003 days ago#97944075AH i've been trying to find those anime cube pieces for awhile!! I absolutely love when people incorporate anime figures into art (especially like cute lil trading figure ones), I used to follow the artist ufoshock on tumblr (they're inactive on there but their gallery/links can be found here, big TW for flashing images/colors/lights, body horror, and in general kinda disturbing) who does surreal digital paintings of anime figures (and in some cases does videos where they destroy them irl) and it's just an aesthetic I love.
    also thank you ^w^ i'm proud of myself for getting through school (even with covid) and being done with it FOREVER!! ...hopefully I don't want to go back to school

checked out ufoshock and WOW i love it so much!! thanks for recommending it conma-tan has some genuinely useful info too
    3 days ago