Comments Sad and angry about scammers. I’m losing my faith in humanity

• When I first started collecting a few years back, I bought a figure from an mfc user using paypal friends and family. I first sent the money as goods and services by accident but the seller refunded me right away saying he wouldn't sell it unless I sent it as friends and family. I resent the money and got the figure in perfect condition. I lucked out with the transaction but looking back still get anxious as to what might have happened had he ghosted me. Hope you can get your money back :(
    2 days ago
    I'm so sorry that that happened to you :( It's awful that there are people like that out there.
    2 days ago
    Hello!! If anyone else has bought something from October31st, please message me!
    2 days ago
    try to file a claim with your bank or credit card company. and not to put salt in the wound but under no circumstances ever send a stranger f&f payment unless you’re 100% okay with potentially never seeing that money gain. there are legitimate reasons to ask for f&f (especially if you run group orders) but usually not in a simple purchase scenario.
    2 days ago
    If he's still active elsewhere online, absolutely expose whatever info he has available. That's not doxxing. You didn't track that info down. He provided his own information online and attached it to a scam he conducted.

Now, you're simply letting everyone else know that his info is attached to a scammer.

Actions have consequences, and if you want to scam people, be prepared for the consequences. If it ruins his life, tough shit.
    2 days ago
    I had a girl on here try that with me for the full set of sailor moon school uniform figures. I paid her through goods and services and then she completely ghosted me, hid her comment section on here and her collection page, and ignored me on PayPal. She ended up banned on here and it took like 3-4 months for PayPal to force her to ship them to me because she would have had the money removed from her otherwise.

The only reason I got them was because of the goods and services option, if she had done friends and family with me I would have been screwed. Don't trust anyone on here, always protect yourself first. A small fee is worth not losing your whole payment. Only ever do PayPal invoice and make them spell out exactly what you are getting on the invoice, including "100% authentic" so that if they screw you over, you can do a charge back/dispute.
    2 days ago
    This is a good post to inform others like myself. I have never bought on MFC, though considered it a few times. If I had been in your position, I think I would look at the past reviews and think the person is legitimate as you did, and likely agree to go for the Paypal gift option too. I guess the Paypal gift option should never be used. It's times like this that one wishes they had a particular set of skills like Liam Neeson from Taken :)
    2 days ago
    Too good to be true price + PP friend = red flag.
    3 days ago
    I’m somewhat in the same boat as you - I purchased his Aegis figure, he requested f&f claiming that he had been scammed by buyers on mfc before. However, my country doesn’t allow f&f at all, but he still agreed to proceed with g&s, combined with his history on the site I felt confident that he was trustworthy, until the day his account was terminated. After seeing your thread I’ve now escalated the dispute to Paypal.

Sorry for this, OP, I hope this all works out and we can get our $$$ back or the figures we paid for.

Kind of annoyed too I missed a good deal on Aegis on another site because I thought I had her locked down already…
    3 days ago
    The moment someone wants payment via gift is a clear indication its a scam. Sorry OP for your terrible loss.
    3 days ago
Pre-owned figures in top quality and good value