Comments What are your thoughts on lying down pose figures?

• Yes if the figure can look like it's a tiny human hanging out on my desk or shelf; Palmates and noodle stopper figures come to mind for figures with that effect. The Madoka one you linked I like since she would look like she's sleeping peacefully in my room. Something like that I would buy with the intent to have as a desk mate. That would put the figure below eye level too, eliminating the issue of finding a good angle.

If the lying down pose figure doesn't have the appeal of looking like they are lounging around on a surface in your room, I'm not particularly interested. Upright figures have far more potential for dynamic and interesting poses.
    1 month ago
    Eh not a fan. Takes up too much space and limited to the bottom shelves if you want to display them in a favourable angle.
    1 month ago
    Not for me, too difficult to display. They should come with a wall mount so you could hang them like a painting ^^
    1 month ago
    The Miku one is classic. I have a positive opinion, but I have yet to find a good on stomach pose figure, or any at all.
    1 month ago
    Nah. Low profile figures are great cause you can put them in front of others without obscuring the view, but not lying down, especially sleeping.
    1 month ago
    There's a popular one of a green-haired bunny woman laying down... it's one of the ugliest figs I have ever seen in my life. It looks like someone broke and lost the base and just tossed it onto the shelf.
    1 month ago
    I have the Megumin and Eriri dakimakura GSC figures in box frames like the one you showed a picture of. It's a cool way to display some figures without taking up shelf space, since they can be hung up on the wall.
    1 month ago
    jumpluff Pegasus Knight
    30-60 degrees, on dish holders optimally. There are special ones you can get for like circular trophies/display porcelain plates. There used to be a club here for these figures, because the fact they display best facing upwards makes them IDEAL for the space in the bottom of a detolf.

Not sure if it's updated, but CLUB #1652

I wish I could remember the dish holder things because I remember seeing photos of them on here years ago, but don't know where to look. Those Madoka figures probably have some related pics with it, ngl.

They're niche, but very good for this. Don't like them otherwise, but the Madoka ones are so gorgeous.
    1 month ago
    The trick is these lying down figures look best at 45 degrees. Tried 90 degrees, didn't do it for me.

Miku has a base that is adjustable, can get the best angle easily.
    1 month ago