Comments Avoiding the Holiday Shopping Season This Year?

• My friends/family have odd taste, so I do most of my holiday shopping online. I might pick up something in person if I'm out. I never do Black Friday though. I'd rather not risk dying trying to get 30% off a game, I'll just pay full price to not get stampeded.XD
    8 days ago
    digital media means unlimited supply, anyone can buy from Switch or PS Store, no need to fight
    9 days ago
    Honestly, I prefer online shopping now but I never participated in Black Friday (unless they had a really good deal on something I wanted). Still, I do still enjoy shopping in person just not near the holidays.
    9 days ago
    Have never done holiday shopping in-person. Right now I'm hitting Y!J auctions and Mercari Jp for some stuff. Maybe will take advantage of Right Stuf's fantastic Black Friday sale.
    9 days ago
    My girlfriends retail job just announced they're never going to be open for Thanksgiving again which is pretty cool. I worked my early 20s in retail and convenience stores for Thanksgiving it was hell. I'm in a great position now where I don't have to so I'm thankful for that and usually save black Friday deals for the weekend. I'm actually going to the mall but mainly because they have an independent artist/vendor craft expo this weekend. Over 100+ small businesses and artists and then going to my local D&D store for gifts. I'm tending to actually get gifts pre-owned and from small businesses this year and I enjoy it more!
    9 days ago
    YES, completely avoiding it for the first time...ever? Yeah, ever lol. It is a forced situation, but still not having the extra stress from it is nice in a way.
    9 days ago
    One positive thing to come out of this pandemic might be the scaling back of Thanksgiving day in-store shopping. Being armtwisted into working on Thanksgiving day must have made the shitty and demoralizing environment of retail work just that much worse.

Same comment for Black Friday. I cannot fathom working retail and having to deal with a horde of morons who are foaming at the mouth and ready to engage in fisticuffs to buy some off-brand TV for $25 cheaper than they could get its proper name brand counterpart any other day of the year.

I did most of my holiday shopping earlier this week from the comfort of my living room, and for the one item I didn't want to buy online, there was Best Buy curbside pickup. I placed the order over breakfast, got the "your order is ready" email 10 minutes after the store opened, drove there, checked in, and 5 minutes later the item was in my car and I was driving home.
    9 days ago
    Once I get my money by the end of the month, I will try to obtain 4-5 items and ship both boxes (one from prxy and the other by AmiAmi) by EMS asap.

Then I should be good for overseas orders for the rest of the year.
    Final orders will happen from German anime stores in 2022.
    9 days ago
    Just bought an advent calendar with socks XD
    9 days ago