Comments How to put up posters without putting them on the wall?

• chibianna9 days ago#105646728thank you but unfortunately I can't do that because my landlords do frequent house inspections :(

I meant just have the framed poster against the wall. Not hanging.

But if you are dealing with inspections like a dorm, I would be out of there asap.
    7 days ago
    You could just make a giant pinboard that leans against the wall and stick them to that?
    That's what I did to display my enamel pins. You just need some foam insulation from like home depot and cover it with fabric and maybe some thumb tacks around the edge to make it look nicer like a frame. The board is 8ft so it should mostly cover the wall and you can get it for about $20 :)
    7 days ago
    You're not gonna get your deposit back from landies like this anyway, I say go for it and damn the consequences. That's no way to live. What if you want blinds or curtains, or hang up pictures of your loved ones? Command strips are literally designed to be damage free removal for just this very purpose.
    Every apartment I've ever lived had similar rules which I didn't listen to. Unless you're an otherwise terrible tenant they're looking for an excuse to get rid of it's not a big deal.

If you really absolutely refuse to break the rules I'm sure there's some sort of standing hook contraption not dissimilar to a coat rack you could hang tapestries from assuming they have those wall scroll sticks. If it's flimsy posters you could attach sticks to them in a similar way to scrolls I guess.

You could also use thumb tacs and just take the posters down before they come barging in, they have to give notice. If they notice a thumb tac hole you're living in an actual Truman Show situation and have bigger problems.
    8 days ago
    JetJockey9 days ago#105646554If you really like the posters just get them framed. Then place them against the wall.
    I've heard about places that don't want the walls damaged with tape, nail holes, etc. But you can always do a little touch up when you leave.
    9 days ago
    RPG_FAN1289 days ago#105637807Julia1259 days ago#105638739thanks for all the suggestions!
    9 days ago
    infinitemalison9 days ago#105635112lesser-robot-cat9 days ago#105636047WanderingWastrel9 days ago#105636630cyborgpirate9 days ago#105636709fwivo9 days ago#105637437thank you so much everyone!!
    9 days ago

9 days ago
    Julia125 Kyojuro Rengoku's Wife
    There are lots of different putty-like options you could try. Brands like instant tacky craft putty, scotch removable mounting, edsrdrus mounting putty, museum putty, white simply tacky, etc. Also try other things such as such as adhesive dots, double sided tape and command strips.

I hung up a giant tapestry I have with magnets; one has an adhesive on the back so you could stick that to the wall and then put its pair on the other side of the poster to hang it.
    9 days ago
    Perhaps the ceiling?
    9 days ago
    Tbh my un-framed posters I just hang with scotch clear tape. Doesn't damage walls when pulled off but its usually strong enough to hold up large posters when all 4 corners have tape. If tape and command strips are still not allowed you could frame a select few posters or tape them to cardboard and just...lean them against the wall on top of a dresser or shelf. Sucks to have such strict rules for a living space
    9 days ago
Europe's friend for everything manga, anime and related merchandise!