MFCMFCThis is the official MyFigureCollection.net club.

weeb
lexiechan
Regular Boarder

weeb

Online Yes
Level 11
Joined 1 year ago
Post(s) 11
Location United Ki...

9 days ago
Shikaree (10 days ago) #25808669It's a private web site. They have no obligation to ask anyone about anything. Why don't you go make your own MFC.sorry but mfc wouldnt be mfc without its users contributing to the database, uploading pics, making news articles, etc
the dev should have done a proper beta testing with a select few (or at least consider the fact the majority dislike v4) before forcing a broken site on us which only pushes supporters and general users away

but yeah that aside,
i agree that the top comments thing needs fixing..if i turn top comments off i expect them to be off
the picture resolution on listing pages is awful (well until you click them lol)
doubt it but i hope we're being heard....
Updated 9 days ago #25820333

dustbowl
Regular Boarder

dustbowl

Online No
Level 10
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 6

9 days ago
I dont mind the site switching to 4.0 ... SOME WHEN IN THE FUTURE WHEN IT IS WORKING. IT IS A NO GO TO OPEN BETA TEST LIKE THIS, WITH A TOTALLY NOT WORKING PRE ALPHA STATE CONCEPT.

Make the amazing, working and productive pre 4.0 and 0.0.0.0.0.4.0 pre-alpha COEXIST to each other, and MAYBE just MAYBE ask with a popup ONCE, do you want to ALPHA test 4.0 ... and then, maybe in a year or two or five, publish a working optimized 4.0.
Updated 9 days ago #25821516

solluxcaptor
Regular Boarder

solluxcaptor

Online No
Level 18
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 70
Location England

9 days ago
I hope the search function is fixed soon, it is by far the worst thing about the new update at the moment. It's not just difficult it's almost completely unusable and missing all of the functionality the old search had. It's even worse when it comes to searching for items to link to a photo/article since your only choice is look through your entire owned collection (why can't we use keywords to search through our owned collection anymore?) or look through every item that a character has if you can even find them. At the very least I should be able to see items for a character when I type in their name...

Edit: Woah, search got fixed since I mentioned this. I'm so happy to see that!
Updated 9 days ago #25832999

agentmozell
nerd extraordinaire
Regular Boarder

agentmozell

Online No
Level 16
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 209
Location TX

9 days ago
I found out while trying to tag figures to my photos that you can narrow down in your owned collection.

What you do:

My Collection -> Owned

Then go back to "keywords" and type the name of the character/item you're looking for. Its a weird and long way to do it, way clunkier than what the old one was.

And just a little suggestion, I do wish I could tag an album with a figure or item, like if I'm uploading a ton of photos of a certain item and put them in their own album I wish I could just tag the photos by tagging the item since the new upload doesn't always let me tag all the photos I'm uploading. Or even just add a way to mass tag after uploading would be good. Right now, just going through each photo one by one to tag is a little bit of a pain.

As for the overall search I still find it difficult to use since I can't narrow it down as much as I used to be able to. I really miss adding in the company, type, etc.... At least on mine I can't narrow it down. Especially on my phone.

Glad to see the glitch with the blog is fixed! I still see that photos I upload normally will sometimes end up upside down or sideways, even if they're not uploaded that way.

Like with the others I'm having an issue with the "hide top comments" and "hide partner ads". The options don't seem to be working in my settings. I even became a supporter to test it out and its still not hiding them. :< It's not that I don't like top comment or partner ads, I just don't always wanna see them when I'm trying to find comments about specific things like release dates and etc.

I also agree that the new figure page is...not good.

I'm not much of a web designer, but I feel that the figure photos are very squished and that there's a lot of wasted space with the info about the manufacturer and release date and such. And when I go to look at user photos of a figure I don't like that it takes me to the rest of the photos by that person instead of all the other photos for that figure. When I'm looking at photos of a specific figure or item I would like to only see photos of that figure or item, not the photos from the user since I personally am trying to find details and close ups of what I'm looking at.

I know I've made a lot of comments on here, but that's just because the more I use the new layout the more things I find that are either good or bad.
my shop: (mfc link)

Pre-Orders I'm Giving Up: (mfc link)

group order(s): N/A

Blueleader72
Regular Boarder

Blueleader72

Online No
Level 17
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 23
Location AUSTRIA

8 days ago
Hi!

When I set an Item/Figure to Wished, Owned or Ordered the Button to make a Tweet is shown.
The opens the Dialog where you can edit the Tweet.
If I click then on the "Tweet" Button in the lowe left, the Circle is spinning and nothing else happens.

The circle is spinning for ever, the Dialog keep staying but no Tweet is posted.

Tried with Firefox and IE.

Would be nice if you could get it working again. :)
THX!!

paTKany
Over 9000

paTKany

Online No
Level 39
Joined 8 years ago
Post(s) 476
Location Aasu resi...

8 days ago
TomTheCat (11 days ago) #25774292I would like to hear an answer.

Use https for MFC, always.

I don't know why, but the v4 NSFW switch is hardcoded https POST action. When you try to click on it while you loaded the page normal http nothing happens because modern browsers block unsecure to secure POST actions for security reasons. The switch works fine when you load the whole page https and keep using the site with https. Any revert back to http even clicking on an embedded http (mfc link) in forums could make the SWF switch erratic
again.

kettenkrad
Regular Boarder

kettenkrad

Online No
Level 17
Joined 7 years ago
Post(s) 50
Location PH

8 days ago
really shallow and small request, but can you please remove the USD symbol in "Ordered"? collector of 7 years and never once paid USD to anything I've bought (except maybe proxy fees?). To say the least, it's an eyesore that doesn't make sense. Japanese Yen would be better imo.

and I still would like to insist let the >> Supporters << have an option to choose bet V3 and V4, at least until you fix all the damn errors in this forsaken website and then force us back again to use V4 when everything's finally functional.
Updated 8 days ago #25881504

riringo
Regular Boarder

riringo

Online No
Level 18
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 14

7 days ago
On the list pages, is it possible to add the page select buttons (prev, first, 1, 2, 3, last, next) at the bottom of the page as well? On a list with a lot of items, it's very jarring hitting the bottom, then having to scroll all the way back up just to go to the next page.

Karolus
Regular Boarder

Karolus

Online No
Level 3
Joined 1 year ago
Post(s) 1

6 days ago
I was gonna rant, with some constructive criticism. Instead finally I decided to do this which is the same but MORE constructive.

Aesthetics on a webpage aren't only a thing to be pretty or modern looking, as websites have a function. Being MFC a database of sorts basically, information has to be shown in an effective manner.Also, as in any website, it is important to make the interface easy to use with as few clicks for everything as possible,and with as little loading possible on the client and server sides. For users this economy of loading makes the webpage feel faster even if it's not(less clicks though make it faster), and for the server...you simply incur in less bandwidth cost. Also, is important to have a really well functioning search system that doesn't hamper efforts, as it is to take into consideration in stablished websites the things your users do commonly or the things that might ease their daily use of the site. In several of this aspects, the new site is a step backwards. To not mention the fact that the deployment of the new site seems to be rushed or poorly planned, you can't push something with vital functions (even if they are worse of the previous ones) broken. It makes no sense to do so.

So going by points.

Aesthetics on the new site are kinda a hit and miss. Overall it looks modern looking, but the cost of looking "empty cramped". Many of the layout things are seemingly floating on nothingness, even having in some cases more container boxes(it is a paradox). I know this is a trademark of latest tendencies on web design, but I don't really understand the need to push this so much in webpages that aren't simply a showcase(like a commercial web for a product),as MFC is a database with community integrated on it. So I don't like it, but counting it is here to stay, some elements need to be changed somewhat to make things clearer.

-First, in the comment section of any figure, the box layout is everything but useful and clear. In the previous version of the site , you simply had a separator for the comment section to the rest of what was shown, meaning you only lose some vertical space(very little actually).Also, the boxes of each comment had good contrast with the background using a yellowish tone that was eye-catching but not eye-tiring (for eyetiringness, just try to stare at a full page of bright red for a minute). In the new version, there is a box containing the comment boxes, and the two boxes share a similar background color(no contrast, really?) but with a slight change on tone and a 3d shadow line effect for the comment container . This is 101 design, but you can't do that for reading. It's at the same time space-consuming, eye-tiring and more complex than needed. I am aware this is a problem shared with the overall new site design and how it handles space, but it is more or less fixable to a tolerable degree easily on the comments. How to fix this? First make the interior background color of each comment itself different of the main comment box background color. The previous version yellowish was a good choice for that, for example. Second, each container box has to have a solid line, get rid of the 3d shadow effect, as pretty as it is if you look at it, it feels reading less natural.

-A second issue is why the point counter for the comments is located in the middle right, instead of using any of the available space on each message in the top or better, bottom part of the comments. What is now is a waste of space, and we don't have any to spare with the new design.

-A third issue, is that the contrast in general between elements is off, but talking about the comment section on figures, well, the website has a tone of grey as background, then the general box container has another slightly lighter grey as background and finally the comments themselves...another bit slightly lighter grey as background. If you change the last to a yellowish tone, and then, the general comment container white...this is what happens(plus the I like a comment moved so you have more space for the comments):

https://i.imgur.com/nrjwXB2.jpg

I can't understand the decision to make the main comment container box the same grey tone as the header for any other cointainer box elsewhere on the page, like the tags, community or related items header, instead of the white used elsewhere.

-A fourth issue, is the image gallery system. I kinda understand that now it is more flexible, but in the road to this we have lost the capacity to see the Official/User/Other/Bootleg images on the same page as we are, instead having to load to another part of the web if we want to sneak peek through those. The old system of sneak peeking could live alongside the new system. This is not a neglectable function, as the images of figures are basic for the site theme. Also the image tags color crashes considerably with the more than somber web design. If it is desired to maintain this color code scheme because of the color coding contourn thing on the images themselves...consider using more pastel-like colors.

-A fifth issue, the statistics box should have those in two columns, too much blank space on the right, and too much vertical space used. Why pile the images in the weird way they are piled to have more vertical space used and then waste it on this other container box? Also, average rating should be the primary statistic.

-The tag list...again like the image box, it uses the weird centered setting to order them, resulting in visual chaos. Make it align on to the left(the beginning). Right now it happens that when a loooooong tag is present, the previous line has only one tag, usually short as honest politics.

-The ability to search for a character name or any other information on the figure entry directly by opening the floating box was priceless. Tags use has nothing to do with this, you should make the name of the character or company directly make the search if you click on them and select search like before, it was a super-useful feature. I do know that this makes tags kinda redundant, but tags are always kinda redundant if you have a good search function coupled with a friendly UI, and yes, tags are a poor substitute on themselves.

Later probably more.

Sorry for butchered english, too.

agentmozell
nerd extraordinaire
Regular Boarder

agentmozell

Online No
Level 16
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 209
Location TX

6 days ago
riringo (7 days ago) #25925465On the list pages, is it possible to add the page select buttons (prev, first, 1, 2, 3, last, next) at the bottom of the page as well? On a list with a lot of items, it's very jarring hitting the bottom, then having to scroll all the way back up just to go to the next page.

I second this
my shop: (mfc link)

Pre-Orders I'm Giving Up: (mfc link)

group order(s): N/A

dioscuri
Regular Boarder

dioscuri

Online No
Level 6
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 1

5 days ago
I don't use the site as much as I used to anymore, so today is the first time I've been exposed to the new list layout, which is the function I use most on this site. Immediately I notice--the icons are much smaller, there's a little tab telling me my items are listed while I'm looking at them through the list, and that there's a huge side bar now with no useful information (for me anyway, I'm sure some people do use participants and tags).

I also have to ask, why is the ordered sign a dollar? Not everyone here is American. Even so, I prefer the old version, where each state was represented with a letter. It felt more organized.

On adding items to collections: The drop-down tab was much more effective. By displaying all states at once (especially with switch buttons, I had the hardest time trying to remove an item from my collection, I thought switching the "owned" tab to off would delete it before seeing the deletion tab itself) you are giving the impression you can have items marked as "owned", "ordered", and "wished" all at once. Might be confusing to new users.

The new switch tab to English and Japanese is lovely though, but I wish it was at the same place as before.

Last thing, which is most important to me: the new UI feels draining. The layout and colors are very unfriendly looking. It takes so much effort to add items to lists and collections now because of how over the place it is, and I haven't even tried other functions yet.

I'm sure many of my other qualms about the new UI have been touched on by other users, but these stood out to me the most. I appreciate the effort that was put in to make the site more modern, but honestly, it was not needed.

DwD
Regular Boarder

DwD

Online No
Level 9
Joined 1 year ago
Post(s) 9
Location Sweden

5 days ago
On the previous version I was able when I search for a specific character, let's just say Saber for an easy example. While on the Saber page where I see all the info about the character etc I was able to see all the figs that exists for the character and when I went into that list of figures I was able to sort by most popular, is that option gone or am I blind? I can't seem to find it anywhere, I see a bunch of other options but not 'popular'.

ffenris
Very Important Boarder

ffenris

Online No
Level 37
Joined 5 years ago
Post(s) 119
Location The Eroji...

5 days ago
DwD (5 days ago) #26013558On the previous version I was able when I search for a specific character, let's just say Saber for an easy example. While on the Saber page where I see all the info about the character etc I was able to see all the figs that exists for the character and when I went into that list of figures I was able to sort by most popular, is that option gone or am I blind? I can't seem to find it anywhere, I see a bunch of other options but not 'popular'.
Click on the light green funnel icon, and you should get a drop-down that lets you sort by popularity.

TomTheCat
Regular Boarder

TomTheCat

Online No
Level 23
Joined 5 years ago
Post(s) 27
Location Germany

5 days ago
paTKany (8 days ago) #25880664Use https for MFC, always.

I don't know why, but the v4 NSFW switch is hardcoded https POST action. When you try to click on it while you loaded the page normal http nothing happens because modern browsers block unsecure to secure POST actions for security reasons. The switch works fine when you load the whole page https and keep using the site with https. Any revert back to http even clicking on an embedded http (mfc link) in forums could make the SWF switch erratic
again.

Thanks for trying to tell my why it doesn't work. Unfortunatley, I don't understand a word you said. I admit I'm only a user. I have no idea how the internals of my gadgets work.

Funnily enough, I don't have the NSFW problem on my phone. (There are other v.4-related problems on my phone though.)

So what exactly am I supposed to do? Why can't it just be made to work? It worked fine here on v.3, and it works fine on other sites. So yes, it's definitely me who must be doing something about it...

DwD
Regular Boarder

DwD

Online No
Level 9
Joined 1 year ago
Post(s) 9
Location Sweden

5 days ago
ffenris (5 days ago) #26014876DwD (5 days ago) #26013558On the previous version I was able when I search for a specific character, let's just say Saber for an easy example. While on the Saber page where I see all the info about the character etc I was able to see all the figs that exists for the character and when I went into that list of figures I was able to sort by most popular, is that option gone or am I blind? I can't seem to find it anywhere, I see a bunch of other options but not 'popular'.
Click on the light green funnel icon, and you should get a drop-down that lets you sort by popularity.

Damn that's well hidden... Not sure why there are 2 different sorting buttons makes it hella confusing. Why not put it at the Category drop down..

Well thanks for pointing it out!

riringo
Regular Boarder

riringo

Online No
Level 18
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 14

5 days ago
Suggestion: Can the "changelog" side box be moved up? It's an extremely important subscribe feature, and it absolutely does not belong at the bottom of the page where it's easily being missed.

funkytown
Regular Boarder

funkytown

Online No
Level 6
Joined 11 months ago
Post(s) 2

5 days ago
Really dislike it. Everything is much harder to find. Website used to feel intuitive, now not so.

R_Kasahara
( =₃=)*
Very Important Boarder

R_Kasahara

Online No
Level 26
Joined 9 years ago
Post(s) 1790
Location Bay Area,...

5 days ago
riringo (5 days ago) #26016509Suggestion: Can the "changelog" side box be moved up? It's an extremely important subscribe feature, and it absolutely does not belong at the bottom of the page where it's easily being missed.
Seconded. It doesn't have to be moved back to the "History" button's old location, but a bit higher up would be nice.

loveanime
Regular Boarder

loveanime

Online No
Level 14
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 64

5 days ago
funkytown (5 days ago)Really dislike it. Everything is much harder to find. Website used to feel intuitive, now not so.
Agree with you, it's really frustrating. However, with crisis comes opportunity: there is already someone working on an alternative site that is better than the old version of this site. When that happens, even switching back to 3.0 will be too late for mfc.
Updated 5 days ago #26020982

weeb
lexiechan
Regular Boarder

weeb

Online Yes
Level 11
Joined 1 year ago
Post(s) 11
Location United Ki...

4 days ago
loveanime (5 days ago) #26020982
Agree with you, it's really frustrating. However, with crisis comes opportunity: there is already someone working on an alternative site that is better than the old version of this site. When that happens, even switching back to 3.0 will be too late for mfc.
intrigued by this as i dont want to give up on mfc but im getting really close bc of this lack of communication from the dev sigh

« Prev   1 10 11 12 13 14 15 16   Next »

Top ↑

Join the club to join the discussion.