HomeClubsClub #575Comments

Five Star Stories

• FirstPrev123NextLast
    163 comments
    Hey guys, I've got an old Volks KOGJoker 3100 GG1 that I'm looking to sell, it was at a store so the box is abut damaged, everything is still inside, no missing pieces, manual is in there. I was wondering if you guys could help me with a price for it as my only frame of reference is a $186 eBay listing.

Thanks, sorry to bother you.
    1 year ago
    Well, I've finally got a chance to D/L scans of the manga. Not bad. Still very much FSS, but the changes are extreme. The MH's especially have changed (for the worse, IMO) but as long as the story stays epic, I'll follow along.

It's a shame really because while I might not be a modeler, I am very much into Mecha design and I've always felt that with one or two exceptions, Nagano's designs were essentially the best in the industry. MH's were mechanical marvels of both form and function. No other mecha designer except for perhaps Shirow and Kawamori put as much care into the design of their mecha. And the Internal Structure of Mortar Headd article that appeared first in Smoke Walls, then later, in FSS Designs 2 was a peek inside the brilliance that is Nagano's design aesthetic. I lament it's passing.

I hope that someday he realizes his mistake, and brings the MH's back to where they were after Volume 10 but before Volume 13 (where they become GTM's) and we can forget this momentary lapse of reason ever occurred...
    4 years ago
    Well, I'm not a model-kit guy. I'm into the story. But if these massive changes are true, its too much. Now knowing Nagano, its probably just some alternate universe he plans on highlighting for a little while, to tie into something he intends on introducing into the story like he did with the Taika portion. I remember when that came out, several of my friends at the time though Nagano had abandoned FSS and was trying something new.
    4 years ago
    stargazer713 the 0th Mirage Knight
    Yeah, it's very sad for people who like and build FSS MHs. But I suppose for people who only care about the story it shouldn't matter too much.
    4 years ago
    Why did you send me to that link? Now I'm totally freaking out! WTF NAGANO!
    4 years ago
    stargazer713 the 0th Mirage Knight
    Welcome, this place will be pretty quiet now that Neko_Oni is gone.

But we also talk about FSS here gundam-eclipse.... and www.hobbyfanati...
    4 years ago
    check out this www.gearsonline... for detailed information on The Five Star Stories in general. Excellent job on detailing out the manga Neko_Oni. I'm quite impressed!
    4 years ago
    Hello! I am a huge fan of Nagano's manga and eagerly await its return in Newtype. Glad to find some more FSS fans around. I know of one other site, but it is currently quite inactive because of the hiatus. I hope to have some interesting conversations about the next chapter in the Great War of Magic soon....
    4 years ago
    Have something mega super rare on the way...and will be taking lots of pictures of it once it arrives. Please anticipate it! ^_^b
    4 years ago
    stargazer713 (4 years ago) #1422510Interesting! You are talking about automaticflowers right?

Yup, automaticflowers.
    The April issue of NEWTYPE has a FSS cover...along with what looks like a new variation of the KoG. (I thought it was a gold and white version of the Empress) Although the next installment of the FSS was supposed to have been in the March issue, seems that it'll officially resume in the May issue.
    4 years ago