Figure Site and Shop ForumFigure Site and Shop ForumThis club is for discussion and shop & site related questions.

PlatoG
Regular Boarder

PlatoG

Online Yes
Level 8
Joined 7 months ago
Post(s) 10
Location Singapore

9 days ago
rufusdrumknott (9 days ago) #24521517Did a quick search but couldn't find anything on the subject, how are Mandarake with cancellations? I've placed tons of orders with them throughout the year and this would be my first cancellation. I'd be okay with paying if I absolutely had to, just would prefer not to at this time.

I bought 5 figures and able to cancelled two of them.
the reasons i used are 1)those items cannot ship with small Sal packet and 2) i bought that item elsewhere when they used one week to confirm my order

Solarstormflare
Regular Boarder

Solarstormflare

Online No
Level 7
Joined 3 months ago
Post(s) 5
Location Tasmania,...

8 days ago
hello! I recently started collecting and I would really appreciate some help. I would like to buy several 1/8 scales off mandarake in the future because that's the cheapest/most reliable site I've found so far for older figures, but in the two times I've used it, to buy item #259862 and item #176108 both of which are 1/8 scales, it would only let me use ems or dhl, both of which did/nearly cost more than the figure itself. However I got item #12053 a 1/7 scale from amiami preowned and that let me select sal, which is much cheaper. Now, I have had a look around and it may be that I couldn't use sal for mandarake because of a weight limit, rather than a size limit, but I thought I might try asking mandarake if they would allow me to use sal. However, as far as I can tell, I have to put prefer sal in the comment box but their system would still make me pick ems or dhl if I did this, and once the order is made if they decide to just charge me for ems I would have to pay or be banned. I also know there's a difference between spot sale items and store front items, and that sahra has a more automated shipping process than the others, so this may not be possible with them? That's the store I got the two items from. I ordered them and they shipped seperately, if that helps. So i thought I would just ask mandarake if they would let me use sal in their ask form, but you have to pick a store and details of your order, and I haven't ordered because I can't pay the really expensive shipping. I know they do sal to my country, Australia, and I know they only use registered sal, and that's fine. I would just really appreciate some advice. Do I order the item item #78578 i was thinking of getting, but not for over 2000 yen shipping, and then request sal and hope they let me change before I pay through paypal, or do I just ask them in a form if they will let me? They should have sal as an option because I know they have let others use it, and because amiami was fine with it. Please, please advise, I would be so grateful! Thanks in advance!!!

YuRiPa
Regular Boarder

YuRiPa

Online No
Level 8
Joined 1 year ago
Post(s) 35
Location The Nethe...

8 days ago
Solarstormflare (8 days ago) #24528029Snip

Why don't you just send an e-mail to the store you want to buy the figure from and ask if it's possible and if yes, how to do it. But can't you just change the shipping method after you've received a quote for your item including shipping? For as far as I know you can change the shipping method after you have received your payment request. If SAL or Reg SAL is not an option, you can add your preference in the comments with your order and change it after the payment request. Keep in mind though that the payment deadline will not change if you'll change the shipping method. But probably best to ask the store you want to buy from first, just to be sure. :-) But they might reply a bit on the slow side, causing you to miss the figure.

Good luck! :)

Solarstormflare
Regular Boarder

Solarstormflare

Online No
Level 7
Joined 3 months ago
Post(s) 5
Location Tasmania,...

6 days ago
YuRiPa (8 days ago) #24537739Solarstormflare (8 days ago) #24528029Snip

Why don't you just send an e-mail to the store you want to buy the figure from and ask if it's possible and if yes, how to do it. But can't you just change the shipping method after you've received a quote for your item including shipping? For as far as I know you can change the shipping method after you have received your payment request. If SAL or Reg SAL is not an option, you can add your preference in the comments with your order and change it after the payment request. Keep in mind though that the payment deadline will not change if you'll change the shipping method. But probably best to ask the store you want to buy from first, just to be sure. :-) But they might reply a bit on the slow side, causing you to miss the figure.

Good luck! :)

Thanks for your advice! You were really helpful. Here's what I did ( Question = Hello! I was hoping to buy some more figures from you, specifically at the moment the GOOD SMILE COMPANY Madoka Magica Sayaka Miki 1/8 scale, however the only options for shipping at checkout are ems or dhl, both of which are more expensive than the actual figure. I was wondering if it was possible to use sal shipping instead, either registered or unregistered, and if so, how I would go about it? When I try and checkout, should i select ems and then request sal shipping in the comments box and ask to have it changed to sal after the payment request comes through? Thank you very much for your time. Regards, Emma) and they just replied now (Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.

I believe we will be able to use AIR small packet for this item, but this option does not available during the check out.
Please make your order with EMS / DHL first, and leave your comment "use AIR small packet", then we will update the
invoice accordingly for you.

We are looking forward to your order to MANDARAKE SAHRA.

Best Regards,

T. Matsuzaki) I checked (mfc link) and it seems like air small packet is slightly cheaper, although still more expensive than sal :/ Since I've waited, the item has gone up in price too, so I might hold off for a bit, make sure the first two things i ordered from mandarake come alright. Thanks again!

YuRiPa
Regular Boarder

YuRiPa

Online No
Level 8
Joined 1 year ago
Post(s) 35
Location The Nethe...

2 days ago
Solarstormflare (6 days ago) #24618294Snip

Happy to help. ;-) Too bad the price went up, but now at least you know what's possible. :-) Hope your figure appears soon again so you can buy it.

« Prev   1 4 5 6 7 8 9 10   Next »

Top ↑

Join the club to join the discussion.