Figure Site and Shop ForumFigure Site and Shop ForumThis club is for discussion and shop & site related questions.

PlatoG
Regular Boarder

PlatoG

Online No
Level 8
Joined 10 months ago
Post(s) 13
Location Singapore

4 months ago
rufusdrumknott (4 months ago) #24521517Did a quick search but couldn't find anything on the subject, how are Mandarake with cancellations? I've placed tons of orders with them throughout the year and this would be my first cancellation. I'd be okay with paying if I absolutely had to, just would prefer not to at this time.

I bought 5 figures and able to cancelled two of them.
the reasons i used are 1)those items cannot ship with small Sal packet and 2) i bought that item elsewhere when they used one week to confirm my order

Solarstormflare
Regular Boarder

Solarstormflare

Online No
Level 10
Joined 7 months ago
Post(s) 11

4 months ago
hello! I recently started collecting and I would really appreciate some help. I would like to buy several 1/8 scales off mandarake in the future because that's the cheapest/most reliable site I've found so far for older figures, but in the two times I've used it, to buy item #259862 and item #176108 both of which are 1/8 scales, it would only let me use ems or dhl, both of which did/nearly cost more than the figure itself. However I got item #12053 a 1/7 scale from amiami preowned and that let me select sal, which is much cheaper. Now, I have had a look around and it may be that I couldn't use sal for mandarake because of a weight limit, rather than a size limit, but I thought I might try asking mandarake if they would allow me to use sal. However, as far as I can tell, I have to put prefer sal in the comment box but their system would still make me pick ems or dhl if I did this, and once the order is made if they decide to just charge me for ems I would have to pay or be banned. I also know there's a difference between spot sale items and store front items, and that sahra has a more automated shipping process than the others, so this may not be possible with them? That's the store I got the two items from. I ordered them and they shipped seperately, if that helps. So i thought I would just ask mandarake if they would let me use sal in their ask form, but you have to pick a store and details of your order, and I haven't ordered because I can't pay the really expensive shipping. I know they do sal to my country, Australia, and I know they only use registered sal, and that's fine. I would just really appreciate some advice. Do I order the item item #78578 i was thinking of getting, but not for over 2000 yen shipping, and then request sal and hope they let me change before I pay through paypal, or do I just ask them in a form if they will let me? They should have sal as an option because I know they have let others use it, and because amiami was fine with it. Please, please advise, I would be so grateful! Thanks in advance!!!

YuRiPa
Regular Boarder

YuRiPa

Online No
Level 8
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 38
Location The Nethe...

4 months ago
Solarstormflare (4 months ago) #24528029Snip

Why don't you just send an e-mail to the store you want to buy the figure from and ask if it's possible and if yes, how to do it. But can't you just change the shipping method after you've received a quote for your item including shipping? For as far as I know you can change the shipping method after you have received your payment request. If SAL or Reg SAL is not an option, you can add your preference in the comments with your order and change it after the payment request. Keep in mind though that the payment deadline will not change if you'll change the shipping method. But probably best to ask the store you want to buy from first, just to be sure. :-) But they might reply a bit on the slow side, causing you to miss the figure.

Good luck! :)

Solarstormflare
Regular Boarder

Solarstormflare

Online No
Level 10
Joined 7 months ago
Post(s) 11

4 months ago
YuRiPa (4 months ago) #24537739Solarstormflare (4 months ago) #24528029Snip

Why don't you just send an e-mail to the store you want to buy the figure from and ask if it's possible and if yes, how to do it. But can't you just change the shipping method after you've received a quote for your item including shipping? For as far as I know you can change the shipping method after you have received your payment request. If SAL or Reg SAL is not an option, you can add your preference in the comments with your order and change it after the payment request. Keep in mind though that the payment deadline will not change if you'll change the shipping method. But probably best to ask the store you want to buy from first, just to be sure. :-) But they might reply a bit on the slow side, causing you to miss the figure.

Good luck! :)

Thanks for your advice! You were really helpful. Here's what I did ( Question = Hello! I was hoping to buy some more figures from you, specifically at the moment the GOOD SMILE COMPANY Madoka Magica Sayaka Miki 1/8 scale, however the only options for shipping at checkout are ems or dhl, both of which are more expensive than the actual figure. I was wondering if it was possible to use sal shipping instead, either registered or unregistered, and if so, how I would go about it? When I try and checkout, should i select ems and then request sal shipping in the comments box and ask to have it changed to sal after the payment request comes through? Thank you very much for your time. Regards, Emma) and they just replied now (Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.

I believe we will be able to use AIR small packet for this item, but this option does not available during the check out.
Please make your order with EMS / DHL first, and leave your comment "use AIR small packet", then we will update the
invoice accordingly for you.

We are looking forward to your order to MANDARAKE SAHRA.

Best Regards,

T. Matsuzaki) I checked (mfc link) and it seems like air small packet is slightly cheaper, although still more expensive than sal :/ Since I've waited, the item has gone up in price too, so I might hold off for a bit, make sure the first two things i ordered from mandarake come alright. Thanks again!

YuRiPa
Regular Boarder

YuRiPa

Online No
Level 8
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 38
Location The Nethe...

3 months ago
Solarstormflare (4 months ago) #24618294Snip

Happy to help. ;-) Too bad the price went up, but now at least you know what's possible. :-) Hope your figure appears soon again so you can buy it.

BlackApplePlus
Regular Boarder

BlackApplePlus

Online No
Level 7
Joined 1 year ago
Post(s) 1
Location Singapore

3 months ago
Hi guys, my first time into the forums. Just want some tips on how you would usually deal with this situation:

I just received an order from Mandarake but it seems they either mixed up my order with someone else's order and gave me the item without the Amiami Bonus or they lost the bonus altogether. (There was two of the same items for sale but one had the bonus while the other did not) From the fact that the only other piece left was sold at the same time I'm guessing the other person received mine instead.

Mandarake has offered to refund 1000yen off the 16000yen price of the item, but I wonder if there are any other options I can (or should) ask for, like store credit or waiting for them to hopefully find the missing bonus (which i doubt they will be able to T-T).

Any advice?

Thanks

AkibaMelon
Regular Boarder

AkibaMelon

Online No
Level 14
Joined 3 years ago
Post(s) 90
Location Germany

3 months ago
Just a quick question to everyone who ordered doujins off Mandarake before:

If a doujin is not labeled as 18+ on Mandarake (with the big fat "18" sign I mean) but is clearly explicit, will I still be able to pay it with Paypal? I know PP won't allow it if it's labeled as adult-only but if Manda doesn't really state it?

Anyone with experience here? <_> Thanks a lot in advance :)

Phil_Liz
Regular Boarder

Phil_Liz

Online No
Level 9
Joined 1 year ago
Post(s) 18
Location Austria

3 months ago
AkibaMelon (3 months ago) #25265176Just a quick question to everyone who ordered doujins off Mandarake before:

If a doujin is not labeled as 18+ on Mandarake (with the big fat "18" sign I mean) but is clearly explicit, will I still be able to pay it with Paypal? I know PP won't allow it if it's labeled as adult-only but if Manda doesn't really state it?

Anyone with experience here? <_> Thanks a lot in advance :)

I had this once and in my case I could pay via PayPal without problems but I don't know if this is different from branch to branch (or maybe it even depends on who's getting your order ready, some might care and some might simply ignore it and let you pay via PayPal).

AkibaMelon
Regular Boarder

AkibaMelon

Online No
Level 14
Joined 3 years ago
Post(s) 90
Location Germany

3 months ago
Phil_Liz (3 months ago) #25275475I had this once and in my case I could pay via PayPal without problems but I don't know if this is different from branch to branch (or maybe it even depends on who's getting your order ready, some might care and some might simply ignore it and let you pay via PayPal).

I see! Guess I try my luck then huh? :D
Thanks for your swift response ^_^

Daichukiyo
Regular Boarder

Daichukiyo

Online No
Level 10
Joined 1 year ago
Post(s) 35
Location Australia

3 months ago
Kind of a random question, but has anyone else's layout of their mandarake page changed? For example when you go on your 'my page' or when searching up items? Is it just mine? Thanks! ♡

Shikaree
Regular Boarder

Shikaree

Online No
Level 10
Joined 6 years ago
Post(s) 89
Location United St...

3 months ago
Daichukiyo (3 months ago) #25680556Kind of a random question, but has anyone else's layout of their mandarake page changed? For example when you go on your 'my page' or when searching up items? Is it just mine? Thanks! ♡
For search, seems like they modified size of results boxes to span the width of the screen. Kind of dumb since the actual thumbnail photos aren't any bigger...

Daichukiyo
Regular Boarder

Daichukiyo

Online No
Level 10
Joined 1 year ago
Post(s) 35
Location Australia

3 months ago
Shikaree (3 months ago) #25680781Daichukiyo (3 months ago) #25680556Kind of a random question, but has anyone else's layout of their mandarake page changed? For example when you go on your 'my page' or when searching up items? Is it just mine? Thanks! ♡
For search, seems like they modified size of results boxes to span the width of the screen. Kind of dumb since the actual thumbnail photos aren't any bigger...

Yeah I noticed that too and I agree that's rather dumb because what was the point of doing that haha >.>

solluxcaptor
Regular Boarder

solluxcaptor

Online No
Level 18
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 99
Location England

3 months ago
How common is it for SAHRA orders to get a 'checking the stock' stage instead of going straight to checkout? It happened to me for the second time ever today (and I've made a LOT of purchases there...) and I find it so weird, I thought SAHRA orders were warehouse only and they didn't have to check stock?

The first time it ever happened to me was kind of understandable, I ordered some plushies (which I guess were kind of big?) and some manga and they probably needed to calculate the costs for that one cause it came to a huge shipping cost sum. It was the only Mandarake order I've ever had to cancel because of a high unexpected shipping cost...

This time I just ordered a small figure and two straps. The estimated shipping was around 800/900 yen as expected for such small items but I got stuck in this 'checking the stock' stage when I came to checkout... I'm worried about being landed with a big unexpected shipping cost from the past experience a bit but I know they couldn't possibly charge me much for the small items I ordered.

Anyone know how often this happens, why it happens or have any stories to share? I really don't want to have to cancel another order but if I do I hope Mandarake will forgive me... I've made at least 80 successful orders through them and my last cancellation was around a year ago.
Updated 3 months ago #25762774

4Arnd
4ア一ンド
Administrator

4Arnd

Online No
Level 26
Joined 7 years ago
Post(s) 2553
Location United Ki...

3 months ago
solluxcaptor (3 months ago) #25762774How common is it for SAHRA orders to get a 'checking the stock' stage instead of going straight to checkout? It happened to me for the second time ever today (and I've made a LOT of purchases there...) and I find it so weird, I thought SAHRA orders were warehouse only and they didn't have to check stock?

The first time it ever happened to me was kind of understandable, I ordered some plushies (which I guess were kind of big?) and some manga and they probably needed to calculate the costs for that one cause it came to a huge shipping cost sum. It was the only Mandarake order I've ever had to cancel because of a high unexpected shipping cost...

This time I just ordered a small figure and two straps. The estimated shipping was around 800/900 yen as expected for such small items but I got stuck in this 'checking the stock' stage when I came to checkout... I'm worried about being landed with a big unexpected shipping cost from the past experience a bit but I know they couldn't possibly charge me much for the small items I ordered.

Anyone know how often this happens, why it happens or have any stories to share? I really don't want to have to cancel another order but if I do I hope Mandarake will forgive me... I've made at least 80 successful orders through them and my last cancellation was around a year ago.

Purely guessing, but it could be an inventory delay issue. So far as I understand, other stores send stock to SAHRA. It possibly shows up on their site as available, but is still en route to them. Remember, they've got a disclaimer, picture shown may not be the item itself you'll receive.
http://myfigurecollection.net/pics/b/mfc180x80.png . https://en.facebookbrand.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/FB-fLogo-Blue-broadcast-2.png . https://cdn.cms-twdigitalassets.com/content/brand-twitter/en/jcr:content/par/c01_column_1596992668/col2/b04_asset_download_m.img.500.medium.1469476604231.jpg .

solluxcaptor
Regular Boarder

solluxcaptor

Online No
Level 18
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 99
Location England

3 months ago
4Arnd (3 months ago) #25776799solluxcaptor (3 months ago) #25762774How common is it for SAHRA orders to get a 'checking the stock' stage instead of going straight to checkout? It happened to me for the second time ever today (and I've made a LOT of purchases there...) and I find it so weird, I thought SAHRA orders were warehouse only and they didn't have to check stock?

Purely guessing, but it could be an inventory delay issue. So far as I understand, other stores send stock to SAHRA. It possibly shows up on their site as available, but is still en route to them. Remember, they've got a disclaimer, picture shown may not be the item itself you'll receive.

I got the payment ready request today and it was a little odd, they just marked the shipping cost up by an extra 100 yen compared to what I agreed to? Not really sure if I like the idea of them switching around the shipping cost after I agreed to one but if it's only by 100 yen I don't mind.

sarunamirabu
married to Ookurikara
Regular Boarder

sarunamirabu

Online No
Level 23
Joined 5 years ago
Post(s) 724
Location clinging ...

3 months ago
Edit: Nvm, figured out the answer to my question lol
Updated 3 months ago #25841631

Lina
Regular Boarder

Lina

Online No
Level 10
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 274
Location Illinois

2 months ago
Anyone who has purchased a life size tapestry remember how much they paid for shipping? I would like to buy one via SAHRA, but they don't give me any shipping option. I'm assuming because it's so big that it will be pricey and that my only option may be EMS, but I would like to get some sort of idea before potentially committing to buying it. Under the shipping method in the confirm page it says, "If you fail in online payment, you can try for Paypal payment. Please email us about it, then we will reply you back with our account information." That really confuses me. I've never been late on payments or cancelled any orders and have only used a credit card the few times I have bought R18 doujin.

Grailed_Cheese
Regular Boarder

Grailed_Cheese

Online No
Level 5
Joined 9 months ago
Post(s) 4
Location United St...

2 months ago
I have never ordered from Mandarake until today. Could someone please explain what the following means (specifically, the last two sentences) - it appears at the top when you go to your cart:

"Items updated as "Store Front Item" meaning that they are available for sale at the store, same time being updated on our webstore.
It is possible that we may actually not have the items in stock, even if they are shown as available.
If the item(s) you ordered is not in stock, a cancellation notice will be sent.

If you have an item/items that you must have, please use the check box for "Cancel the order if this item is out of stock" for the item you must have. That way, we will not send you the invoice if that item/items were already sold out at storefront."

So, if you check that box and they don't have the item, they won't send you an invoice. But, if you don't check that box and they don't have the item... what would they do differently? Sorry if I'm missing something obvious. :)

Emillia
Regular Boarder

Emillia

Online No
Level 10
Joined 1 year ago
Post(s) 67
Location Australia

2 months ago
Grailed_Cheese (2 months ago) #26015133I have never ordered from Mandarake until today. Could someone please explain what the following means (specifically, the last two sentences) - it appears at the top when you go to your cart:

"Items updated as "Store Front Item" meaning that they are available for sale at the store, same time being updated on our webstore.
It is possible that we may actually not have the items in stock, even if they are shown as available.
If the item(s) you ordered is not in stock, a cancellation notice will be sent.

If you have an item/items that you must have, please use the check box for "Cancel the order if this item is out of stock" for the item you must have. That way, we will not send you the invoice if that item/items were already sold out at storefront."

So, if you check that box and they don't have the item, they won't send you an invoice. But, if you don't check that box and they don't have the item... what would they do differently? Sorry if I'm missing something obvious. :)

That final bit only comes into play if you're ordering more than one item. Like, in case you're ordering several items, but only one item is primarily the thing you want and the other things are more 'filler' for want of a better way of putting it (to e.g. make the shipping price worth it), you can say to cancel the whole order if the one thing you really want happens to be out of stock. Or you can check it for every item I suppose, if you don't want to only end up ordering one or two things instead of e.g. five or six things. If you're only ordering one item and it happens to be out of stock, then yeah, the order will be automatically cancelled anyway.

Grailed_Cheese
Regular Boarder

Grailed_Cheese

Online No
Level 5
Joined 9 months ago
Post(s) 4
Location United St...

2 months ago
Emillia (2 months ago) #26015353
That final bit only comes into play if you're ordering more than one item. Like, in case you're ordering several items, but only one item is primarily the thing you want and the other things are more 'filler' for want of a better way of putting it (to e.g. make the shipping price worth it), you can say to cancel the whole order if the one thing you really want happens to be out of stock. Or you can check it for every item I suppose, if you don't want to only end up ordering one or two things instead of e.g. five or six things. If you're only ordering one item and it happens to be out of stock, then yeah, the order will be automatically cancelled anyway.

OK, that makes sense.

Thank you very much for the clarification!

« Prev   1 7 8 9 10 11 12 13   Next »

Top ↑

Join the club to join the discussion.