Figure Site and Shop ForumFigure Site and Shop ForumThis club is for discussion and shop & site related questions.

akarin
Regular Boarder

akarin

Online Yes
Level 19
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 595
Location United St...

1 year ago
Hello!

♢Otamart (オタマート) is an "otaku" flea market app, and now a desktop based site available only in Japan. In order to purchase, you need a proxy (unless you live in Japan), which shouldn't stray you away from shopping here, since sellers usually sell their things really cheap! Aside from selling merchandise, sellers can also sell their custom items, such as bracelets, earrings, etc... through the Made to Order category. I guess if you were to compare, Otamart is kind of like a smaller version of carousell or storenvy?

I also wanted to share a small and quick rough translation of both the PC site & the mobile app, for anyone who may be interested in shopping there. The site + app is really easy to navigate, so I'm sure even if one doesn't know Japanese, they can find their way around it. I've added a few translations below for anyone interested though.

*Note this post is best viewed on a PC.
*Everything is behind a spoiler since there are many pictures.
*You can only download the app in the Japanese app store, but you can find an APK by making a quick google search.

MOBILE APP:
View spoilerHide spoiler♢Things to note:
-In order to communicate with a seller, you add COMMENTS on the item page. I assume this is so the transaction will go smoothly without any issues.
-You must create an account in order to click on items you are interested in.
-Again, you must live in Japan in order to buy from this app. If you don't, you need a PROXY.
-Search items in Japanese! English & romaji will NOT work here.

♢After downloading the app, you'll be greeted by this page that will ask you to select the things you want to see on your main feed:

https://68.media.tumblr.com/47ee231913a0b9a8310ca007302bf49b/tumblr_oerc1rTU611u3s3i7o3_500.png

♢Since I chose BL, now my main feed will have only BL, unless I slide to the next categories:

https://66.media.tumblr.com/ae33b2ec0d13c5e115343e2ecb7408d7/tumblr_oerbezMotC1u3s3i7o1_500.png
These are the rest of the categories:
View spoilerHide spoilerhttps://66.media.tumblr.com/1e40f4b671222641da495183c6ecf6b0/tumblr_oerbezMotC1u3s3i7o2_500.png

https://66.media.tumblr.com/5783cbf9a9d9d39b98dfdf0bcf481666/tumblr_oerbezMotC1u3s3i7o3_500.png

https://66.media.tumblr.com/65221437decbc39efefa48959f8c7cd0/tumblr_oerbezMotC1u3s3i7o4_500.png

https://66.media.tumblr.com/bb85f1105f8207c978579a215dc286bb/tumblr_oerbezMotC1u3s3i7o5_500.png

https://68.media.tumblr.com/7e443cdfb6e1237bc7aff744763dcb81/tumblr_oerbezMotC1u3s3i7o6_500.png

https://66.media.tumblr.com/1e0235f4b8548c9352d8364c86635321/tumblr_oerbezMotC1u3s3i7o7_500.png

https://66.media.tumblr.com/13b3335ac180c85c8520e8ac9b13f62d/tumblr_oerbezMotC1u3s3i7o8_500.png

https://67.media.tumblr.com/ee16b2c3bb9133cd902b788012b8b5de/tumblr_oerbezMotC1u3s3i7o9_500.png

https://67.media.tumblr.com/0f489bec4623ceb3ff370f3723337509/tumblr_oerbezMotC1u3s3i7o10_500.png

♢Create an account by tapping on MY PAGE:

https://66.media.tumblr.com/fb0a46220fdf7c0123a45af1358330a4/tumblr_oergoviZXL1u3s3i7o1_500.png

https://66.media.tumblr.com/cbd7b347e58ed554c72728ef0182184f/tumblr_oergoviZXL1u3s3i7o2_500.png

♢Here's how the search category functions:

http://66.media.tumblr.com/8fdcdb6a37e3ee3a8e9c3b9d250c03cb/tumblr_oereq2tb1o1u3s3i7o1_500.png

♢After searching an item, on top it will ask you the following:

https://68.media.tumblr.com/9d3fa8ad8e9c35c0a99c72495d22377c/tumblr_oerc1rTU611u3s3i7o4_500.png

♢This is for Japan only, so feel free to skip over this cap if you're not able to sell in Japan:

https://68.media.tumblr.com/d712aa37ba5958fabf5c79716d56e442/tumblr_oerc1rTU611u3s3i7o1_500.png

I hope I covered a few of the basics for the mobile app. The mobile app is only convenient for searching and watching items, since you can't directly purchase them (unless you live in Japan). The icons on the app are pretty self explanatory, but I hope looking at my caps helped you browse easier.

PC SITE:
♢I recommend looking at this part of the tutorial if you'll be using a proxy.
View spoilerHide spoiler♢It will make your proxy's job easier, if you can send them the PC link to the item you're interested in.
♢You can finally login through a PC and even order items since the implemented the comment function as well.
♢Below I've added an English translation of the Kana.
♢Below the spoiler I have added a translated list of the subcategories:
View spoilerHide spoiler
♤グッズ: Goods
subcategory:
すべてのグッズ (Show all goods)
アニメ/マンガ/ゲームグッズ (anime/manga/game goods)
アイドルグッズ (idol goods)
声優グッズ (Seiyuu goods)

♤フィギュア/プラモデル(プラモ): Figure/Plastic Models
subcategory:
すべてのフィギュア/プラモデル(プラモ) (Show all figures)
フィギュア (Figures)
コレクション/食玩 (Collection/RE-MENT)
ドール (Dolls)
プラモデル(プラモ) (Plastic Models)
その他 (Other)

♤カード: Cards
subcategory:
すべてのカード (Show all Cards)
トレーディングカードゲーム(トレカ) (Trading Card Game)
アーケードゲームカード (Arcade Game Card)
コレクションカード (Collection Card)
デッキケース (Deck Case)
スリーブ (Sleeves)
プレイマット (Play Mats)
その他 (Other)

♤本: Books
subcategory:
すべての本 (Show all Books)
マンガ (Manga)
小説/ライトノベル(ラノベ) (Novels/Light Novels)
同人誌 (Doujinshi)
雑誌/ムック (Magazines/Mooks)
設定資料集/イラスト集 (Cels/Illustration Collections)
写真集 (Photo Albums)
その他 (Other)

♤ゲーム: Games
subcategory:
すべてのゲーム (Show all Games)
ゲーム機/周辺機器 (Game
ゲームソフト (Game Software)
ボードゲーム (Board Games)
アーケードゲーム (Arcade Games)
その他 (Other)

♤DVD:
subcategory:
すべてのDVD/Blu-ray (Show all)
アニメ(Anime)
ドラマ (Drama CD)
映画 (Movies)
ライブ映像 (Live Videos)
コスプレ (Cosplay)
特撮 (Special Effects)
その他 (Other)

♤CD:
subcategory:
すべてのCD (Show all CDs)
アニメOP/ED/挿入歌 (anime OP/ED)
ゲーム音楽 (Game)
同人音楽 (Dojin)
アイドル (Idol)
声優 (Seiyuu)
ドラマCD (Drama CD)
特撮音楽 (Special Effects)
その他 (Other)

♤コスプレ: Cosplay
subcategory:
すべてのコスプレ (Show all Cosplay)
衣装一式 (Outfits)
衣装 (Costumes)
ウィッグ (Wigs)
靴(ブーツ) (Shoes)
コスプレ用インナー
アクセサリー (Accessories)
小道具 (Props)
アメニティ (Ameneties)
撮影機材 (Photography Equipment)

♤スマホ/PC関係: Smart Phones/ PCs/Laptops
subcategory:
すべてのスマホ/PC関係 (Show all)
携帯電話・スマートフォン本体
スマホケース/スマホアクセサリ (Accessories)
PC
PC周辺機器
音楽プレイヤー (Music Player)
デジタルカメラ (Digital Camera)
その他 (Other)

♤チケット: Tickets (concerts/events)
subcategory:
すべてのチケット (Show all)
アニメ/マンガ/ゲーム関係 (Anime/Manga/Game)
アイドルライブ (Idol)
声優ライブ (Seiyuu Live)
コスプレイベント (Cosplay events)
特撮イベント (Live Action/Specical Effects Events)
その他 (Other)

♤オーダーメイド: Made to Order items
subcategory:
すべてのオーダーメイド (Show all)
イラストオーダー (Illustration order)
その他 (Other)

♤その他: Other
subcategory:
すべてのその他 (Show all)
アニメ/マンガ/ゲーム関係 (Anime/Manga/Game)
アイドル関係 (Idol)
声優関係 (Seiyuu)
BL (Yaoi/Shounen Ai)
同人 (Doujinshi)
その他 (Other)

♢Terms to note when looking at a listing:
View spoilerHide spoiler♤新品 (NEW)
♤配送料の負担 (Shipping Charges) & 出品者負担 (The seller pays the shipping. So free domestic shipping within Japan)
♤発送元の地域 (Shipping Location)
♤配送日の目安 (Arrival Time)
Important to note:
♤手数料 (Handling Fees)
♤送料 (+ Shipping)
♤バラ売り (This term is used on whether the items in a listing will be sold separately or not; if the seller does not want to sell the items individually, then it will say バラ売りはありません or バラ売りはしない or バラ売りは不可)
♤タグ (Tags- this will make your life easier, so if you know the name of the series or character, click on it and it'll show all items that are available)

I hope this sparked interest to anyone who's looking for a new second hand shop!
Feel free to ask any questions. I apologize if I translated anything wrong. I'm not fluent, so there will be mistakes.

Follow otamart on twitter: [ext link ]

Thanks & have fun!☆彡

UPDATES:
♢Seems like Otamart & From Japan have teamed up! If you use the PC site, you'll probably notice this when you click on a listing:

View spoilerHide spoilerhttps://68.media.tumblr.com/25fbafae448667f6708c94fcf50aba00/tumblr_okk8x7Q0iL1u3s3i7o1_500.png
♢SEARCH BAR & LOGIN IMPLEMENTED.
Updated 7 months ago #15283825

chapters0
Regular Boarder

chapters0

Online No
Level 18
Joined 7 years ago
Post(s) 2042
Location Canada

1 year ago
awesome tutorial will def. take a look! thanks for all your hard work!

Lilie
Regular Boarder

Lilie

Online No
Level 10
Joined 1 year ago
Post(s) 72
Location Belgium

1 year ago
Thanks for sharing this.

internecinewar
Regular Boarder

internecinewar

Online No
Level 24
Joined 3 years ago
Post(s) 734

1 year ago
Thanks for this! I tried it out for a can badge I've been looking for and it worked perfectly.

I used FromJapan. It took them a few hours to get back to my shopping request with the Charge 1 invoice (I had to specify the character I wanted in the comments since the listing was for a crazy amount like 12345 JPY lol and I just wanted that one can badge worth 300 JPY). Then after I paid for my Charge 1 invoice, they purchased it ("Your shopping service order has processed") the next day. I'm now waiting for my can badge to arrive at their warehouse. :)

Edit: My can badge arrived safely at the proxy! :) Fast and painless shopping experience!
Updated 1 year ago #15357995

heartfulcries
Regular Boarder

heartfulcries

Online No
Level 16
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 169
Location Singapore

11 months ago
Has anyone tried to buy multiple items from a single Otamart listing via FromJapan? What are the fees like? I tried emailing FJ regarding this and they just told me to place an order first @_@.

kyz
Regular Boarder

kyz

Online Yes
Level 8
Joined 1 year ago
Post(s) 35
Location Germany

11 months ago
heartfulcries (11 months ago) #17084255Has anyone tried to buy multiple items from a single Otamart listing via FromJapan? What are the fees like? I tried emailing FJ regarding this and they just told me to place an order first @_@.

"Please kindly note that Otamart is a flea market website for individual
users to sell their own items. While the domain might be the same,
each user is a different seller. Unless the seller is the same and the
items are ordered together, the fees for the order won't be combined."

Mailed fromjapan yesterday.

heartfulcries
Regular Boarder

heartfulcries

Online No
Level 16
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 169
Location Singapore

11 months ago
kyz (11 months ago) #17086944heartfulcries (11 months ago) #17084255Has anyone tried to buy multiple items from a single Otamart listing via FromJapan? What are the fees like? I tried emailing FJ regarding this and they just told me to place an order first @_@.

"Please kindly note that Otamart is a flea market website for individual
users to sell their own items. While the domain might be the same,
each user is a different seller. Unless the seller is the same and the
items are ordered together, the fees for the order won't be combined."

Mailed fromjapan yesterday.

Thanks for sharing! I just found this on their website too so I guess that just means that it'd be only 300 JPY per listing regardless of the quantity of items ordered...?

http://i67.tinypic.com/nxlzqu.png

Seems like it won't be that bank-breaking so I might try it out

hikaridranz
Very Important Boarder

hikaridranz

Online No
Level 25
Joined 5 years ago
Post(s) 568
Location Singapore

11 months ago
heartfulcries (11 months ago) #17084255Has anyone tried to buy multiple items from a single Otamart listing via FromJapan? What are the fees like? I tried emailing FJ regarding this and they just told me to place an order first @_@.

What I did before when I wanted multiple items from a listing was to just list them all in the comments (e.g. Qty: 2, Comment: 1x XXX, 1x YYY) so it counts as an order. Haven't tried from multiple listings from a single seller though. Doesn't hurt to just ask for a manual quote (I think that's what they meant by placing an order)
Updated 11 months ago #17109336

heartfulcries
Regular Boarder

heartfulcries

Online No
Level 16
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 169
Location Singapore

11 months ago
hikaridranz (11 months ago) #17109336heartfulcries (11 months ago) #17084255Has anyone tried to buy multiple items from a single Otamart listing via FromJapan? What are the fees like? I tried emailing FJ regarding this and they just told me to place an order first @_@.

What I did before when I wanted multiple items from a listing was to just list them all in the comments (e.g. Qty: 2, Comment: 1x XXX, 1x YYY) so it counts as an order. Haven't tried from multiple listings from a single seller though. Doesn't hurt to just ask for a manual quote (I think that's what they meant by placing an order)

Thanks for clarifying my doubts! I might try it out soon then. :x

SuzukiLina
Regular Boarder

SuzukiLina

Online No
Level 9
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 5
Location Singapore

11 months ago
Does the mobile app comes with the seller's reviews/reputation or item listed date? It's kind of...unsettling to see the item I want is listed kind of far back in the pages. It makes me wonder if the item was listed long ago or if the seller have some bad rep... =X

chapters0
Regular Boarder

chapters0

Online No
Level 18
Joined 7 years ago
Post(s) 2042
Location Canada

11 months ago
did anyone find a good proxy with good fees to use on otamart? i really wished zenmarket offered their services for it

Christown
Regular Boarder

Christown

Online No
Level 25
Joined 3 years ago
Post(s) 138
Location Melbourne...

11 months ago
chapters0 (11 months ago) #17349801did anyone find a good proxy with good fees to use on otamart? i really wished zenmarket offered their services for it

ZenMarket do buy from Otamart now! [ext link ]

I have an item on the way to them at the moment.
Updated 11 months ago #17353107

chapters0
Regular Boarder

chapters0

Online No
Level 18
Joined 7 years ago
Post(s) 2042
Location Canada

11 months ago
Christown (11 months ago) #17353107chapters0 (11 months ago) #17349801did anyone find a good proxy with good fees to use on otamart? i really wished zenmarket offered their services for it

Thanks!!! Didn't know they offered this now!

akarin
Regular Boarder

akarin

Online Yes
Level 19
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 595
Location United St...

11 months ago
SuzukiLina (11 months ago) #17361998
I wanted to try and get the app, but I'm using an android phone and my email is bound to my country =X So I can't download the app on my phone! I'm trying to find a way to get around it =X

I downloaded an apk here: [ext link ] if you google 'otamart apk' results will come out.

akarin
Regular Boarder

akarin

Online Yes
Level 19
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 595
Location United St...

11 months ago
Christown (11 months ago) #17353107

This must have been super recent because I emailed them last week with an otmart request and they told me they didn't offer services for it :| i could've saved man lol

Christown
Regular Boarder

Christown

Online No
Level 25
Joined 3 years ago
Post(s) 138
Location Melbourne...

11 months ago
akarin (11 months ago) #17362277This must have been super recent because I emailed them last week with an otmart request and they told me they didn't offer services for it :| i could've saved man lol

Ah really? That's weird, as that blog post on their website is dated at December 22... ;/
Updated 11 months ago #17363835

SuzukiLina
Regular Boarder

SuzukiLina

Online No
Level 9
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 5
Location Singapore

11 months ago
akarin (11 months ago) #17362220SuzukiLina (11 months ago) #17361998
I wanted to try and get the app, but I'm using an android phone and my email is bound to my country =X So I can't download the app on my phone! I'm trying to find a way to get around it =X

I downloaded an apk here: [ext link ] if you google 'otamart apk' results will come out.

Thanks for the link! I did try another website's apk earlier but when I opened the app, it says error. So I thought it might be because I set my google account to my country. So I didn't try any further. I'll try around again later! (I'm using bluestacks to do it though xD)

kawaii_erza
Regular Boarder

kawaii_erza

Online No
Level 8
Joined 1 year ago
Post(s) 328
Location USA

11 months ago
what is the best proxy to use for otamart? i can't really use my main proxy since he dont take otamart since says its confusing so if anyone knows one please let me know (i'm new with this otamart)

kawaii_erza
Regular Boarder

kawaii_erza

Online No
Level 8
Joined 1 year ago
Post(s) 328
Location USA

11 months ago
Quotekawaii_erza (11 months ago) #17384783what is the best proxy to use for otamart? i can't really use my main proxy since he dont take otamart since says its confusing so if anyone knows one please let me know (i'm new with this otamart)
FromJapan- 300 or 700 yen service plan (they charge PER seller)
They're response time is pretty fast. Got a response within less than 10 hours. I think it might've been 5 hours, but don't remember exactly.

Zen Market - 300 yen per order (basically per seller)
zen market gives first time customers a free 300 yen

White Rabbit Express - It's a per item+per seller +percentage of total purchase fee
There's a review on the middlemen thread. They are the most expensive as far as I know.

Luxas.org - a % of your purchase depending on how much you spend. $5/$25, 20%/$25-$49, 15%/$50-$99, 10%/$100-$249, 5%/$250+
Probably best for purchasing from lots of sellers at once. They charge their commission based on each time you submit a list and pay for it. As long as you haven't paid for it yet, you can still increase and add to your order and lower the commission fee. This is a newer/smaller proxy that just opened in 2016

Thank yo so much, this helps me a whole lot

whiterabbit
Regular Boarder + Partner

whiterabbit

Online No
Level 9
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 28
Location Tokyo, Ja...

11 months ago
kawaii_erza (11 months ago) #17429231Quote
White Rabbit Express - It's a per item+per seller +percentage of total purchase fee
I haven't used them but there's a review on the middlemen thread. They are the most expensive as far as I know.

Thank yo so much, this helps me a whole lot

Just to clear something up, we don't charge per seller. Our system is a little strange for Otamart (it is the same for Mercari for reference) but we charge a per shop fee of $4 which covers up to 4 items. This means that you basically pay $2 per item plus 12.5% if you purchase 4 Otamart items with us. Depending on the value of the items that would end up cheaper than some of the other options listed.

« Prev   1 2 3 4   Next »

Top ↑

Join the club to join the discussion.