Regular Boarder

ohmygoditsjrod

Online No
Level 11
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 1289
Location Californi...

2 months ago
metaldeer (2 months ago) #25372429Overall Maou showed up sooner than expected, and in perfect condition, too. She even came with the clearfile, which was a pleasant surprise.
http://i.imgur.com/jswiSGO.jpg
Really happy with her.

Nice potatoes.
Bewbs

Freezasaurus
Regular Boarder

Freezasaurus

Online No
Level 13
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 421
Location New York ...

2 months ago
ohmygoditsjrod (2 months ago) #25717192
I ordered another Artoria last night.

Hope she looks good paired with Koto's Tamamo. item #547393

Playing Fate Grand Order has made me want the FGO Nendoroids. I haven't succumb to that temptation yet though.

o i c

You are planning a beachtime fun display. I like that Tamamo but I don't think she'd fit in a detolf with the height on that umbrella.
Buy now. Regret later.

metaldeer
Regular Boarder

metaldeer

Online No
Level 5
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 19

2 months ago
ohmygoditsjrod (2 months ago) #25717266
Nice potatoes.

They're very healthy.

Aigis came today, which was way sooner than expected.
http://i.imgur.com/8B2cXwt.jpg
I always thought her hair was too orange, but she looks great in person. Definitely one of my favorite figures, really glad to finally have it.

Baka_Bishie
Regular Boarder

Baka_Bishie

Online No
Level 11
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 337

2 months ago
metaldeer (2 months ago) #25728756Aigis came today, which was way sooner than expected.

I always thought her hair was too orange, but she looks great in person. Definitely one of my favorite figures, really glad to finally have it.

Congratulations, I felt the same way when I got her last year. She's still one of the centerpieces of my collection. I wish they still made Persona figures as good as she is these days.
~Infinite_Respawn~

cfx
Regular Boarder

cfx

Online No
Level 9
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 1397

2 months ago
metaldeer (2 months ago) #25728756Aigis came today, which was way sooner than expected.
http://i.imgur.com/8B2cXwt.jpg

Her hair is translucent isn't it?

I've found that never seems to look in photographs like it does in person.

Persona seems like it gets shortchanged when it comes to figures. This one is really nice and a couple of others are, but the line Megahouse made I found generally disappointing and to not look that much like the characters, and a number of the P5 figures have been disappointing so far.

I wish there was a Labrys as nice as that Aigis.

Freezasaurus
Regular Boarder

Freezasaurus

Online No
Level 13
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 421
Location New York ...

2 months ago
cfx (2 months ago) #25742013I wish there was a Labrys as nice as that Aigis.
Didn't Alter's version of Labrys come out nicely?
Buy now. Regret later.

cfx
Regular Boarder

cfx

Online No
Level 9
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 1397

2 months ago
Freezasaurus (2 months ago) #25760818cfx (2 months ago) #25742013I wish there was a Labrys as nice as that Aigis.
Didn't Alter's version of Labrys come out nicely?

Usual Alter quality, but I thought the pose was a bit odd, and the main thing is her hair obscures her face too much:

https://static.myfigurecollection.net/image/KikiOttosen1391916552.jpeg
Updated 2 months ago #25765886

Freezasaurus
Regular Boarder

Freezasaurus

Online No
Level 13
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 421
Location New York ...

2 months ago
cfx (2 months ago) #25765886Usual Alter quality, but I thought the pose was a bit odd, and the main thing is her hair obscures her face too much:

I liked the pose of the MegaHouse version but they were asking 15k for it at a time when that price was insane.
Buy now. Regret later.

metaldeer
Regular Boarder

metaldeer

Online No
Level 5
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 19

2 months ago
cfx (2 months ago) #25742013
Her hair is translucent isn't it?

I've found that never seems to look in photographs like it does in person.

Persona seems like it gets shortchanged when it comes to figures. This one is really nice and a couple of others are, but the line Megahouse made I found generally disappointing and to not look that much like the characters, and a number of the P5 figures have been disappointing so far.

I wish there was a Labrys as nice as that Aigis.

Yeah, her hair is translucent, and that always seems to make things look a few shades off in pictures.

That Makoto figure is a cool idea, but the pose is so out of character, it kinda ruins it for me. Might consider getting it anyway, but only if I see it for relatively cheap. I'm pretty meh on most of the other characters/designs in the game, so she and Futaba are probably the only ones I'd get figures of.

Still hoping for a Persona 3 Remake some day, and a resurgence of P3 figures, however vain it might be.

cfx
Regular Boarder

cfx

Online No
Level 9
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 1397

2 months ago
Freezasaurus (2 months ago) #25768245cfx (2 months ago) #25765886Usual Alter quality, but I thought the pose was a bit odd, and the main thing is her hair obscures her face too much:

I liked the pose of the MegaHouse version but they were asking 15k for it at a time when that price was insane.

Yeah and she was Megatrea shop exclusive making aftermarket prices high as well.

If she's something you're still interested in though, when she occasionally shows up on Amiami she's far cheaper now. They had an A/B not so long ago, for I think 8000-9000 yen, for sure she was under 10K now.

In some ways I think the figma is the best figure of her and that always bothers me when I feel that.

cfx
Regular Boarder

cfx

Online No
Level 9
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 1397

2 months ago
GSC release date update [ext link ]

What I noticed relevant to people here is that Camilla is releasing on September 20th, Sakura Kinomoto (both versions) on September 27th, and Aquamarine's Jack-O is delayed to October.

Jiiyawn
Regular Boarder

Jiiyawn

Online No
Level 11
Joined 3 years ago
Post(s) 338

2 months ago
cfx (2 months ago) #25781112 Aquamarine's Jack-O is delayed to October.

thanks cfx! hopefully no more delays after that and its perfect for a Halloween release

just need a date on Ms Marvel, Koto's been delaying bishoujos lately
Updated 2 months ago #25789652

GaijinDensetsu
Regular Boarder

GaijinDensetsu

Online No
Level 9
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 315
Location Central N...

2 months ago
cfx (2 months ago) #25781112GSC release date update [ext link ]

What I noticed relevant to people here is that Camilla is releasing on September 20th, Sakura Kinomoto (both versions) on September 27th, and Aquamarine's Jack-O is delayed to October.

wow surprised Camilla is actually shipping. After her I have no unpaid figures until item #464608 next year.
-RMI-

JetJockey
Regular Boarder

JetJockey

Online No
Level 9
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 195
Location United St...

2 months ago
Many future figures on my list are getting reconsidered after seeing HMO's Morrigan. They just set the high bar in Capcom female character statues.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OBWgQyzlCM
I want vintage anime and videogame figures!
Updated 2 months ago #25815218

cfx
Regular Boarder

cfx

Online No
Level 9
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 1397

2 months ago
JetJockey (2 months ago) #25815218Many future figures on my list are getting reconsidered after seeing HMO's Morrigan. They just set the high bar in Capcom female character statues.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OBWgQyzlCM

There's another video here with some (sharper) stills and some more video; skip to about 2:54 [ext link ]

Well it's certainly the best figure of her. I'm not completely sold on the face perhaps because of the glass eyes, or maybe just because that seems like the one part of the figure they didn't follow Stanley Lau's art for though it looks similar to some of the original art so that's ok too. I'm sure she's out of my price range so I'll have to appreciate her from afar.

Moeyo has pics of Camilla from a couple of store displays, probably the final figure or a test shot, with the usual closeups (and as usual NSFW); her hair is really nice: [ext link ]

Freezasaurus
Regular Boarder

Freezasaurus

Online No
Level 13
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 421
Location New York ...

2 months ago
JetJockey (2 months ago) #25815218Many future figures on my list are getting reconsidered after seeing HMO's Morrigan. They just set the high bar in Capcom female character statues.
But what's the price-point that HMO pieces tend to hit? Or is this their first?
Buy now. Regret later.

cfx
Regular Boarder

cfx

Online No
Level 9
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 1397

2 months ago
Freezasaurus (2 months ago) #25837077JetJockey (2 months ago) #25815218Many future figures on my list are getting reconsidered after seeing HMO's Morrigan. They just set the high bar in Capcom female character statues.

Heavenly Sword Nariko is $450; looks like everything else is more than that: [ext link ]

Can't tell from the pics if Nariko has the glass eyes.

JetJockey
Regular Boarder

JetJockey

Online No
Level 9
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 195
Location United St...

2 months ago
cfx (2 months ago) #25815801
There's another video here with some (sharper) stills and some more video; skip to about 2:54 [ext link ]

Well it's certainly the best figure of her. I'm not completely sold on the face perhaps because of the glass eyes, or maybe just because that seems like the one part of the figure they didn't follow Stanley Lau's art for though it looks similar to some of the original art so that's ok too. I'm sure she's out of my price range so I'll have to appreciate her from afar.

This video is sharp too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfvjRTckxsA

I need to find the image of that Morrigan kit we found here a while back. But I don't think that comes close to the overall feel of this HMO Morrigan. I just need this one as she's my favorite character in the series. I'll watch the rest but even if Felicia is really good, I probably won't get her. And I'm still watching HMO's other videogame lines. That retro line has Contra and some others upcoming.

Freezasaurus (2 months ago) #25837077JetJockey (2 months ago) #25815218Many future figures on my list are getting reconsidered after seeing HMO's Morrigan. They just set the high bar in Capcom female character statues.

Check out their full store.

http://hand-made-object.com/store/

Lucky I was never crazy about Mega Man X as they have one which started at $599. I assume Morrigan will be around there if not a bit higher. Their Dante from Devil May Cry is also $599. Legend of Kage statue is $280 but he is smaller scale. They could have made so many other ninjas in that scale and I would jump at it. Ninja Spirit, Shinobi, Nightshade, Strider, the list goes on. That is a good statue if you like Legend of Kage though.

cfx (2 months ago) #25846606

I don't think Nariko has glass eyes. The guys that made that convention video above did a review.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYkTB7kcObA
I want vintage anime and videogame figures!

barrit
Regular Boarder

barrit

Online No
Level 8
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 110
Location Texas

2 months ago
All of the statues seem to be limited to 200 or less. Did they say a hint as when preorders would be open?

cfx
Regular Boarder

cfx

Online No
Level 9
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 1397

2 months ago
JetJockey (2 months ago) #25854324cfx (2 months ago) #25846606

I don't think Nariko has glass eyes. The guys that made that convention video above did a review.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYkTB7kcObA

Yeah, so in that case I'd expect Morrigan to be more expensive, probably the $599 like you said.

The video you linked here is indeed clearer, thanks.

« Prev   1 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 14   Next »

Top ↑

Join the club to join the discussion.