- serina submitted a comment on [Article #49444] What do your friends/family think of your hobby? • 13 minutes ago
- Milady-Alluca submitted a comment on [Article #49443] Experience with reinstated EMS in the US? • 44 minutes ago
- squishyycat submitted a comment on [Article #49442] What are best and safest shelves or cabinets for a 1/4 scale? • 45 minutes ago
- squishyycat submitted a comment on [Article #49442] What are best and safest shelves or cabinets for a 1/4 scale? • 49 minutes ago
I have a summer project to build (or buy the materials and have someone else build) a sturdy shelf for some heavy statues. :)unfortunately the ones I am interested in are standing upright and cats are unpredictable so I’d like a cabinet to keep them safe. I wish I had the skills to make my own shelf, good luck ! Thankfully 1:4 PVC figures aren't that heavy. (Although if the pose is standing upright they could definitely fall over with pet interference)
- lauralone submitted a comment on [Article #49444] What do your friends/family think of your hobby? • 1 hour agoMy father doesn't really care, he just doesn't understand the concept of pre-orders and when I would wait over a year for certain figures. My mom on the other hand is annoyed with the hobby and asked me if I collected they to make up for the friends I don't have...
More-so than that it's a bit awkward when my grandparents visit and see all of my posters of anime idols and fate characters. My grandmother always comments about me needing to be more girly and mature.
- You know what? This makes perfect sense! I think prices initially go above MSRP because secondhand sellers want to recoup shipping/customs, and with people being forced into expensive DHL/Fedex this just makes those initial price hikes steeper and the aftermarket just goes up faster than usual. And with the EMS hikes, it's not going to be any better for a while. Maybe when SAL comes back online the aftermarket will calm down.
You hit the nail on the head, for the most part. You can see the trend especially prominently when you look at say an AmiAmi limited/Exclusive statue listed at a place like Rightstuf for pre-order at price + projected shipping cost + about 30ish dollars of potental profit.
This is a common trend with what I like to call "professional resellers." And it basically sets the initial aftermarket price.
Standard Releases are a bit more complicated than that, but it's similar.
Many of these sites also deal in pre-owned figures/statues. Part of the more complicated but similar thing I was talking about.
- BeatlesPkmnFan submitted a comment on [Article #49443] Experience with reinstated EMS in the US? • 1 hour agoSo far I have two packages on their way to me via EMS. The first is from AmiAmi. They shipped it out on June 9th, and just today on the 17th it was scanned in the US. I think I can probably expect it to arrive in two to three days, we'll see.
The second is from Solaris, their package shipped on the 11th, has not yet been scanned in the US.
- Jenthehen submitted a comment on [Article #49443] Experience with reinstated EMS in the US? • 1 hour ago