- RainbowMint submitted a comment on [Article #55990] i miss sonico's old figures. anyone else? • 4 minutes agoThis seems to be the direction most fanservice-y figures are going. Mega boobs, mega butt, and toothpick waist. I get that it's the ~ideal~ hourglass shape and anime girls are just busty in general, but I feel like it's hit a point where they're starting to look like caricatures. Like a girl I'd draw while making fun of ridiculous anime proportions.
- keusagi submitted a comment on [Article #55982] Slight nipple/anatomical modification on 1/4 figure [NSFW] • 9 minutes agoidk what's with all the comments telling you you're ruining the resell value for modifying it... like i'm sure you were aware of that and the pros (modifying your figure to look how YOU want it) typically outweigh the cons (potentially losing resell value IF you even ever chose to resell it)... i'm glad you're happy with it, and i think it looks better, too :)
- cathrel submitted a comment on [Article #55996] Gojou Satoru Resin Statue Head Replacement Pink Skeleton Studio • 11 minutes ago
Those eyes are a nightmare! I'm happy to hear that they replaced the head for you! He looks so much better.IKR I was so shocked how they even produced such atrocity lmao And thank you! I'm glad they actually decided to give out a better head to at least redeem themselves a little HAHAHAHA How do you even f*ck it up that bad? (╯°□°)╯( ┻━┻
- Yuinna submitted a comment on [Article #55996] Gojou Satoru Resin Statue Head Replacement Pink Skeleton Studio • 16 minutes ago
- Ahria submitted a comment on [Article #55982] Slight nipple/anatomical modification on 1/4 figure [NSFW] • 18 minutes agoI'm torn I don't hate the modification but it feels a little sharp as compared to the rest of the nipple There's something not quite "flesh" about it.
You're free to modify figures how you want but I'm not sure if this makes them any more real at least for me; montgomery glands on the aerola would've been better touch.
- dankprin submitted a comment on [Article #55990] i miss sonico's old figures. anyone else? • 21 minutes agofor me it’s less the boobs and more the tiny waste. like, i’m all for exaggerated character design, that’s one of the fundamental parts of animation! but it’s getting to the point where sonico’s looking like a one piece girl (that ain’t a positive haha). there’s nothing inherently wrong with that, but when it comes to bringing such proportions into a 3d space, in this case into figures, it really doesn’t translate well.
some characters + designs were made with suspension of disbelief in mind, and more importantly, were designed for the second dimension. 3d characters mostly adapt well to 2d, but i can’t say the same for the opposite (take a look at the jimmy timmy power hour specials to get the jist). thing is, when things are in 3d, you get a more critical eye, it’s easier to tell what “isn’t quite right”. earlier sonico figures adapted her illustrations to work in a different dimension + medium really well, whilst newer ones took a more direct approach, and i don’t think it works for me personally. i hope that wasn’t all too confusing ^_^’