Reviews Tokyo Otaku Mode
- mandu420 chika fujiwara simp4★ - Okay prices, slow af shippingExactly what the title says. Every time I order from here I end up waiting 3-8 months after the release date to receive it. I still haven't gotten my Ram noodle stopper that released in OCTOBER. These guys are always my last option.
- 4★ - Never looked backWalking around an anime con in Florida I ran across a figure I wanted but knew it was overpriced. Later that night i decided to look it up online and saw it on TOM for the average price so I took the plunge and bought it. BEST. DECISION. EVER.
I've been ordering from them for several years now and luckily had no issue. One of the great things I find about ordering from them is their TOM Points system that gives you a percentage of "cash" back to use on your next order or accumulate it like I do and wait till I have enough TOM points to buy a figure and only pay shipping out of pocket.
I don't have any real negatives for TOM but more about me not having enough money for all the figures I want. I've had one dealing with Customer Service and had my question answered within 24 hours. Tokyo Otaku Mode will still continue to be one of my main sites for ordering figures and clothing for the foreseeable future.
- 4★ - Pretty GoodWhen I began collecting figures, I used them a lot. Shipping is slow to Canada, up to even 16 weeks. One figure never arrived sadly. Point system is decent just wish their prices were better. Customer service is slow, but could be due to time difference. For some reason they do not carry "hero"" Nendoroids. Overall l'd shop here again though.
- 4★ - Coupon-driven store with little leniencyI've had very positive experiences with TOM when it comes to shipping. They are upfront about shipping costs which leaves little room for surprise and they package items very well.
There's no question that one of the major appeals of TOM is the coupons, since they often sell items at, or above, MSRP. However, they cannot change the coupon applied to an order, even shortly after it was placed. The fact that a store with such a complex coupon system cannot modify an order to use a different coupon is disappointing.
- TifasTatas She's a real party animal!4★ - TOMPros
+ Colorful and easy to navigate website
+ Great selection of figures to browse
+ Packaging is very protective of figures and includes nice little bonuses (Art sleeves, stickers, etc.)
+ Site has a point system with various promotions to support frequent customers
- Point system exploitation is necessary to compensate for inflated prices compared to other US based stores.
- Site FLOODS your inbox with promotions, notifications, and pesky reminders.
- In 2017 they introduced a terrible "Premium Membership" that charges you a monthly fee in exchange for weak discounts.
- 23 reviews