Reviews • From Japan
- Good until you need their helpI had been using their service for years, and luckily I never had a problem with my orders before. I have never purchased pre-orders with them, so I can't say how they are in that department, I have always used them to buy in stock items from Surugaya or Amazon mostly. A while ago they changed their service fees for two "plan" options, one for 300 JPY and one for 700 JPY.
I had used their 300 JPY service with no problem, but now one of my orders got lost by my post office, and sice I paid their "cheap" plan, they refuse to fill a claim with Japan Post, which is required for me to get a refund for my order that was send by EMS.
So, be aware that if you go for their cheapest option, even if your shipping is insured, it doesn't mean anything, they won't help you and you will lose both your items and money.
- Terrible experience, Stole $500 from me.I pre-ordered expensive figures (over 50,000 yen) on yahoo auction through their service. The items were released at the end of October 2015 and here started the nightmare. They kept delaying my order and we were back and forth for almost 4 months.
And Finally they said they cannot get the item from seller, and they CANNOT REFUND ME either. They claimed seller did not refund them nor sending them the products. So FromJapan decided to keep my money instead.
In their email with me, they kept saying they are just a middleman and do not take any risk if there is a problem. Decide it yourse
- "Hidden" cost!!!I've used it once for buying service and i would said i was tricked by the "Shipping Calculator" they have provided. Keep original package- they use a new box and charge extra and the item weight increased, where others just send you the original package. End up extra 1500yen+ for a single item. Not recomended for shopping, maybe for auction idk.
- Cheapest proxy with 'cheap' customer service tooNo doubt that FromJapan is the cheapest proxy with 200 JPY service fee. However take note of the "hidden" additional 5% surcharge when making payment via credit card or paypal which almost all non-Japanese users are using. Thus if your item is quite expensive, FromJapan may not be the cheapest.
Their customer service sucks. Their packing can be hits or misses. And when you have problems with your items eg. damaged when they receive it or damaged when you receive it, FromJapan won't give any s**t about it.
Just use this to buy cheap and non-breakable items.
- grymdylan weeaboo kingpinFrom Japan is great, but, isn't.From Japan is one of the better ways to proxy goods from Yahoo Auctions Japan. While it all seems great at first, once their second invoice comes in, you'll be paying double what you were hoping to. Better than other proxy services, but still a bit costly. Website also takes a lot of getting used to, and has features that lack functionality at times. They're good for getting things you can't find other times, but they'll cook you if you're not careful.
- 8 reviews