Reviews • From Japan
- From JapanThis is the second proxy service I have used, so I don't have much to compare it to. Overall everything went smooth and the price is reasonable. The only complaint I have is about the packaging. I ordered a single wall scroll and it arrived in a package that was damaged pretty badly. The box was bent in the middle and the edges were mashed. It was not necessarily due to careless handling during shipment, but rather the quality of the box itself. Thanks to all the bubble wrap the scroll wasn't damaged, but it was a very close call. I will probably not use From Japan again as I might not be as lucky a second time. I hope they at least use better boxes when shipping figures.
- My first proxy: a bit costy at firstI never used Proxy before because it cost much more in the end than what you hoped for.
There are fees that you didn't expect to pay (200Y/item from YahooJ if different sellers) BUT FJ sometimes makes special promotions and that's exactly when you should buy.
Sure, you can't always wait until such a day possibly comes, but if you can, do it.
Shipping fees are honnest IMO (always choosen cheaper tho) & packing is quite okay with buble wrap.
Customer Service is very nice & patient.
Because Mercari changed their policy, orders from here are now denied. Guess I won't use FJ anymore then
- Good, but not great.My overall experience with From Japan as been positive, but I hate that there are so many hidden fees. Proxy fees, bank transfer fee, system usage fee, possible packing fee, item check fee, etc. It goes on and on. If you need to order anything from Yahoo! Japan, they're a good service to use for that since they are able to bid almost immediately, but otherwise you'd be better off using dv8cag because their prices are way better.
- A pretty decent proxy service.I only ordered from them once and I was very satisfied with it. The process and the shipping to their warehouse took a while though but I was able to get my item in three weeks after purchasing it. Like other people said, there's "hidden fees" which includes 5% fee on payment and other stuff. But hey, the commission fee was pretty cheap (200 yen). Overall, my items came in packaged nicely and I had no problem with them...so far. I'll be using the website soon again.
- Decent serviceIt's my first time using this particular proxy service. The website is easy to navigate and their notification system is efficient. The fees are generally OK, though the 5% fee if you don't use their shop point system can be annoying. If you want to use this proxy often, it would be wise to use this point system to save on cost. Packaging was decent both in term of protection and size. I found the overall experience to be smooth and quick.
I didn't interact with their customer service which seems to be abysmal. I didn't rate it which means my satisfaction % is artificially high.
- 11 reviews