- milk120 • • Regular Boarder • lv11#14 years ago • Updated 4 years ago
-This topic is for posting your monthly pre-orders as well as showing off your latest loot-
This month brings with it some heavy news for yours truly, I cancelled the overwhelming majority of my figure pre-orders that were spread across multiple sites. Bringing my total number of pre-ordered figures from 51 to 17. About half of which have already been payed in full.
Having collected for nearly a year, let me offer advice some of our newest members. Learn restraint. Buy only figures of characters you really love from shows you really enjoyed, or you too could end up making a post about how you suddenly realized you're running out of space or money. You'll take a look at your display and the thought will cross your mind that you didn't even really like that character... and you paid eighty dollars for her 1/8 scale figure!
There's nothing worse than coming to this realization about half of your collection, and most of your pre-orders. Because then you have to work to sell the half of your collection you impulse bought on the high immediately following finishing up an anime, and you'll almost certainly be selling at a loss. Then you have to argue with anti-consumer figure sites who will refuse your requests to cancel your orders or ban you; instead telling you that you'd better pay. (Yes this happened)
That being said, I do still have two figures coming in this month. There won't be another coming in for a while afterwords though.
Ultimately, I'm not suggesting anyone stop. I know I'm not going to. I do urge you to really consider whether or not that 4th Miku is really worth 12k...
- antibolo • • Regular Boarder • lv13#24 years ago • Updated 4 years agoOnly 4th? lol
But yeah, I agree about the whole "only buy figures from shows you like", I think that's a pretty good base rule to avoid things getting out of hand. I cancelled Ranko for that very reason, I was like "wait why am I doing this, buying a 16k figure of a show I don't even like?". At one point you have to realize that you can't own everything, even if you have the financial means there is also the physical space issue to consider, no point in owning tons of figures when some of them end up in storage because you have nowhere to display them...
There are some exceptions though. Pretty much nobody outside of Japan ever played 7th Dragon 2020 (thanks, Sega) but the Samurai alt color and Miku scales are freaking amazing (and relatively cheap!) so I can't recommend them enough.
Oh I guess I should also add my September pre-orders to this post too, since that's the main idea of this thread lol:
View spoilerHide spoiler
Hopefully I can also add ITEM #236103 to that list soon...
- ohmygoditsjrod • • Regular Boarder • lv13#44 years agoAfter some great cancellations my September has become smaller but still not small.
Hometail Mofu is already paid for though.Bewbs
- Arkadios • • Regular Boarder • lv8#54 years agoBattleship RE-Class was delayed to this month, so that's my only pickup, and hopefully the last figure of the year for me.
Exchange rates here are wrecking my economies.
- Luse666 • • Regular Boarder • lv12#64 years agoMy September in picture forum:
- Omegabalmung • • Regular Boarder • lv12#7
- GaijinDensetsu • • Regular Boarder • lv11#84 years agoI have nothing for September. Might buy Koto's Juri Han Bishoujo from amazon but will depend on how my expenses play out for the month. Low on shelf space anyway. The rest of the year is pretty quiet for me actually, the only month I'm breaking 10k in is December so far.-RMI-
- souhait • • Regular Boarder • lv10#94 years agoAssuming no delays, I have:
If I remember right Haru & Makoto were only pushed back a month, so hopefully it'll be the same with Rin. I also got two emails this morning confirming that Cynthia was shipped from the Pokemon Center and Mikazuki Munechika from Amiami. After no preorders in July it kinda feels like figure feast or famine. :v
- arue • • Regular Boarder • lv9#104 years ago • Updated 4 years agoOnly 2 figures... Unless I caved in and preordered that Yu Narukami figma.
- JetJockey • • Regular Boarder • lv10#114 years agomilk120: 51 to 17 is a crazy amount. Most of my picks get stretched out. And I wait to see just in case with some. That Akira Yamamoto for example. The Sideshow Vampirella is another one. I have a feeling I won't get that one. The over prized Bayonetta figure was supposed to come out in August. I don't know about that one either.
On my list for this month isn't much I think. I'll probably get that Quorra figure. I've been putting of Kotobukiya Cammy because of the other versions that might be good. But I do like the Kotobukiya version. And will get her eventually. Maybe this month.I want vintage anime and videogame figures!
- Luse666 • • Regular Boarder • lv12#124 years agoSo today's my sons 4th birthday, and the Disney Infinity SE 3.0 box was allowed to be opened, he's getting the game, and daddy's getting the figures...
Death star play set piece:
3.0 collection so far:
My sons Disney 1.0 and 2.0 figures:
- Einbroch • • Regular Boarder • lv11#134 years agoWow those DInfinity figures look awesome!Miku.
- #144 years ago • Updated 4 years agoAkira Yamamoto came in
with her jacket - be careful, you can scratch her paint while putting on/taking off the jacket
she's tiny compared to the other space girls
Megahouse also included an extra ahoge that's easy to misplace. I thought that was a nice touch.
Disregard the placement of the pistol in the above pictures - I just put it in her hand without lining it up with the palm and finger before taking the photos. It does fit correctly, fyi, if you're concerned about it.
- #154 years ago • Updated 4 years ago
- JetJockey • • Regular Boarder • lv10#164 years agoenigmatikone: What desktop speakers are you using?I want vintage anime and videogame figures!
- Arkadios • • Regular Boarder • lv8#174 years ago
This figure tempted me for a long time. And still does. The GK vibe is too stronk.
- ohmygoditsjrod • • Regular Boarder • lv13#194 years agoGot my August order in.
All I need is Ryuko from Phat.
NYAN YOU FILTHY PIGS!!!!
Sakura is nice. Super stoked for Poison now.
Alter keeping there place as my favorite manufacturer. Shizuo is amazing.
- Omegabalmung • • Regular Boarder • lv12#204 years agoSakura came in this Morning
- This thread has been closed.
- 137 replies