Authentic Anime Stores

10 replies

• 10 replies
  • EyeholesRegular Boarder
    Eyeholes
    • No
    • 2 years ago
    2 years ago
    Hey guys! I live in Scarborough and would really like to know where I can buy authentic anime merch. Ex posters, keychains, figures, plush -anything! I tried Googling some stores but they're mostly based downtown. :(

For smaller items like posters and keychains, I don't really wish to order online. I know not all anime stores will be listed on Google Maps so I'm starting a thread for anyone who has good suggestions! Thanks!
    Eyeholes
    • No
    • 2 years ago
    2 years ago
    Pacific mall is one I've been to. That's it
  • heoheoRegular Boarder
    heoheo
    • No
    • 2 years ago
    • Markham, ON, CAN
    2 years ago
    Heroes World (Hwy7/Warden) in Markham sometimes carry Anime stuff. I believe you can ask them to help you order things as well. Good luck!
    Eyeholes
    • No
    • 2 years ago
    2 years ago • Updated 2 years ago
    heoheo (2 years ago) #5357001Heroes World (Hwy7/Warden) in Markham sometimes carry Anime stuff. I believe you can ask them to help you order things as well. Good luck!

Googling it, it looks like a super hero comic book store (although the name of the place is also a giveaway). Doesnt seem like they specialize in anime. Just wondering if theres actually a lot of anime loot or just some because I don't wanna drive there if they only have a small selection. :o
  • heoheoRegular Boarder
    heoheo
    • No
    • 2 years ago
    • Markham, ON, CAN
    Eyeholes (2 years ago) #5357046heoheo (2 years ago) #5357001Heroes World (Hwy7/Warden) in Markham sometimes carry Anime stuff. I believe you can ask them to help you order things as well. Good luck!

Googling it, it looks like a super hero comic book store (although the name of the place is also a giveaway). Doesnt seem like they specialize in anime. Just wondering if theres actually a lot of anime loot or just some because I don't wanna drive there if they only have a small selection. :o

I'd say 10% of their stuff is Anime but if you're looking for something specific (e.g. Artfx J statues) they can most likely help you order it

Edit: their website is hardly updated, check out their Facebook page for a better glimpse at what they carry!
  • NagatoNoob in DisguiseRegular Boarder
    Nagato
    • No
    • 2 years ago
    • Ontario, Canada
    2 years ago
    Hairy Tarantula is my go to store for manga and comics because their selection is huge, but they do board/card games, posters, anime DVDs, art books, etc as well.

They have a small selection of figures (I've seen a bunch of American figures and nendos, plus they're at Anime North every year), but they are a bit pricey compared to ordering online, and I can't vouch for their authenticity.

They have two locations, one on Yonge and one downtown.
  • JoichiRegular Boarder
    Joichi
    • No
    • 7 years ago
    • Canada, Toronto
    If you are looking for 'authentic' as non-bootleg figures and plush toys, do not purchase from certain stores in Pacific Mall. There is a store where you'll see a large selection of Anime-theme plush toys from Pokemon, Shonen jump titles, MLP ponies and wall posters -- This store sells around 90% counterfeits.

There is a better shop on 2nd floor of Pmall with authentic figures, they carry Tamiya paints and mecha brand. They are hidden in the food court towards the right side. Sadly they don't have a large selection.

Another anime shop is AnimeXtreme in Chinatown. They cleared out the bootlegs and now sell authentic figures and manga.
    My sites: sweetandcharmingart.etsy.com | joichii.tumblr.com
  • Gale015Regular Boarder
    Gale015
    • No
    • 2 years ago
    • Toronto, Canada
    Joichi (2 years ago) #5357566If you are looking for 'authentic' as non-bootleg figures and plush toys, do not purchase from certain stores in Pacific Mall. There is a store where you'll see a large selection of Anime-theme plush toys from Pokemon, Shonen jump titles, MLP ponies and wall posters -- This store sells around 90% counterfeits.

There is a better shop on 2nd floor of Pmall with authentic figures, they carry Tamiya paints and mecha brand. They are hidden in the food court towards the right side. Sadly they don't have a large selection.

Another anime shop is AnimeXtreme in Chinatown. They cleared out the bootlegs and now sell authentic figures and manga.

I second Joichii's suggestion about AnimeXtreme. It's a bit pricey, but they have authentic goods there aside figures there. But I usually buy now at Navito World, especially if they are GSC related products.

It's just right behind AnimeXtreme at D'Arcy street & Spadina in Chinatown. They mainly focus on GSC products (but they have other brands too, except manga) since they are an official partner shop with Good Smile Company, and they have good deals too (5-10% discount if you're a member in the shop)!
    Eyeholes
    • No
    • 2 years ago
    2 years ago
    Joichi (2 years ago) #5357566If you are looking for 'authentic' as non-bootleg figures and plush toys, do not purchase from certain stores in Pacific Mall. There is a store where you'll see a large selection of Anime-theme plush toys from Pokemon, Shonen jump titles, MLP ponies and wall posters -- This store sells around 90% counterfeits.

This might make me sound like a bad person but I don't mind if posters are bootleg as long as their qualities nice. And I was hoping for sonewhere in Scarborough or Markham as downtown is too far. Thanks!
  • KirinoKatelynRegular Boarder
    KirinoKatelyn
    • No
    • 4 years ago
    • Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    2 years ago
    Dont' forget Navito World! (also Chinatown) ;)
  • 10 replies
  • Join the club to join the discussion.