Garage Kit Love!!!commission?

• bethykins
    bethykinsRegular Boarder • lv20
    Offline1,521 replies
    11 years ago
    if i were to buy a garage kit that is in america would it be a possibility to have it shipped to someone there and commission them to put it together/paint it for me and then have it shipped to me? :) just wondering ^___^ x
  • SergeantBooduce
    SergeantBooduceRegular Boarder • lv17
    Offline89 replies
    11 years ago
    There's a couple of garage kit communities out there with members who paint rather well. I recommend e2046 or GK Corner. What I did my first time around was lurk in the galleries forum and, when I found people who painted in a way I really like, I sent them a PM asking if they took commissions.

e2046 forum:
    forum.e2046.com...

GK Corner forum, which recently changed servers so there aren't many posts yet:
    gkcorner.motion...

Most of the members there charge about $100 for paint and assembly, as opposed to the $200-$300 I've seen commercial painters charge. And the forums kind of share members, so a lot of the same people are on both sites. I'm on both as well.

Also, If you join either one of those sites, I can help you find good painters if you're having trouble locating one. I got a couple commissions going on right now. ;3 Username's still SergeantBooduce.

Hope this helps a little.
    http://i56.tinypic.com/2dlpssn.jpg
    Click the banner to go to the localization request thread at Aksys Forums!
  • Cash
    CashRegular Boarder • lv13
    Offline332 replies
    11 years ago
    Thank you, SergeantBooduce, that's some great advice. = D I'll have to give this a shot.
    ι нεαя, α vσιcε sαყ "∂σи'т вε sσ вℓιи∂"

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b331/Cash-chan/Icons/lulusuzu02.jpg
  • Ryuuga
    RyuugaRegular Boarder • lv11
    Offline31 replies
    11 years ago
    :3 Nice to know~!
    I've got my eye on a nice kit, but I'm pretty bad at painting, so I'm too scared to get it incase I mess up OTL

Still getting it though... I can try and practice on simple stuff or commission.
    "どうでもいい..."
  • October
    OctoberRegular Boarder • lv13
    Offline138 replies
    11 years ago
    e2046 all the way
    nobody out there paints better than them for the price you pay
    http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/4602/26243607.jpg
  • Ryuuga
    Offline31 replies
    11 years ago
    Octobere2046 all the way

:3 So, they're the best place to look, then?

Um... do people/commisioners on the site have feedback of any sort?
    (Sorry, I'm utterly paranoid about anything getting lost/stolen/broken ;3;)
    "どうでもいい..."
  • ponpo
    ponpoRegular Boarder • lv12
    Offline71 replies
    11 years ago
    $100 isn't bad at all. I'm now tempted to get a Celia gk from chara hobby.
    http://i.imgur.com/u6zbb.gif
  • October
    OctoberRegular Boarder • lv13
    Offline138 replies
    11 years ago
    RyuugaOctobere2046 all the way

Actually e2046's a shop that specialize/got famous in their pre-painted resins
    www.e2046.com/g...

But i'm sure on the forum inside, u'll find plenty skilled painter. Some of them do offer painting for others.
    http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/4602/26243607.jpg
  • Ryuuga
    Offline31 replies
    11 years ago
    OctoberRyuugaOctobere2046 all the way

Actually e2046's a shop that specialize/got famous in their pre-painted resins
    www.e2046.com/g...

But i'm sure on the forum inside, u'll find plenty skilled painter. Some of them do offer painting for others.

I never noticed the pre-painted ones *o*

I was thinkin of getting this:www.e2046.com/p... at some point, but there's no way I can paint it well enough :<

I'll have a look on their site though~
    "どうでもいい..."
  • Muntoe
    MuntoeLover of cacti ♡꒰*・ω・Moderator • lv46
    Offline2,924 replies
    11 years ago • Updated 11 years ago
    Hi Booduce -wave- We're both on E2046's forum xDDD

If you decide to look through E2046's forum to ask for a commission, I really suggest you look through the gallery post first instead of making a new topic. There are many, many people who upload their finished figures in the gallery post section and if you see a member whose paint style you like, pm them! Many times they have a blog with feedback and they also show their WIP steps along the way. People I know on there who take commissions are members such as Annya12345, Ogami, Jennis233, smoon, etc. You can find out everything you need by asking these members, such as price ranges, the time it'll take, etc. Typically the more complex a kit is, the more it'll cost to paint it. For example, if your kit is fully nude, it won't take that long since there aren't many colors to airbrush or hand paint on. However, if your kit has armor, long, swirly, detailed hair, and a bunch of different parts, it will take a quite a bit more time and thus may be more expensive. Really though, it's more fun to paint these figures yourself, and it's much more rewarding. If you're afraid you'll mess up your dream kit, there's plenty of other cheaper ones to try your skills out on!

Edit: orz I pretty much repeated everything Booduce said, oh well LOL
  • Ryuuga
    Offline31 replies
    11 years ago
    -u- Hehe.... The The one I'm looking at is this: www.e2046.com/p...
    Big... and complicated xD

Guessing it'll be expensive to commission, but oh well~ Better then me attemping to do it on my own. I'd just depress myself if I messed up a figure of those characters.
    "どうでもいい..."
  • Muntoe
    MuntoeLover of cacti ♡꒰*・ω・Moderator • lv46
    Offline2,924 replies
    11 years ago
    That is a big one O_O;;; Keep in mind if you're going to pre-order a kit at E2046 that there is no guarantee of when it will come in, since they need around 10-15 orders to send a notice for the workshop to start working on them. You could be the first pre-order on that figure when they need 14 more people to start production. I've waited nine months to a year for one kit! Just a fair warning :p

I have one kit I bought that was my "dream kit" that I'd never want to mess up, but I'm just putting her in a box until I think my skills are good enough to paint her xD
  • Ryuuga
    Offline31 replies
    Ah... so that's how their pre-orders work.
    Eh, I can wait, if impatiently~ -u-

Yeah, I was either gonna get a commission, or save it until I'm good enough to not screw it up ;3;
    "どうでもいい..."
  • kawe
    kaweRegular Boarder • lv14
    Offline239 replies
    11 years ago
    Hm, I think I'll start doing commissions too.
    I love working on kits, but I don't have the space and funds to keep them all. So giving them away to a commissioner would be a good thing imho.
    Either way, If someone is searching for a builder in Europe I can lift my hand.
    I'm in no way a pro at building yet, but I consider myself as good enough to to do commissions. (though I won't dare to lay my hands on a Volks Kos-Mos Ö_Ö;;;)

If someone is interessted you can PM me, or find me on E2046 (same nickname).
    Here are some of my works: cor-blimey-kw.b...
    http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/kawe-.png
  • gundamjehutykai
    gundamjehutykaiRegular Boarder • lv14
    Offline28 replies
    11 years ago
    kaweI'm in no way a pro at building yet, but I consider myself as good enough to to do commissions. (though I won't dare to lay my hands on a Volks Kos-Mos Ö_Ö;;;)

Haha, I'm actually quite the opposite, I don't consider myself to be good enough to do commissions but I own a Volks 1/4 KOS-MOS. In fact, She's up next on my "do build" list!!
    I think it's more of a confidence thing more than anything else. If I had more confidence in my works, then I would offer commissions but for now, my works only satisfy myself and push me on to try better things.
  • kawe
    kaweRegular Boarder • lv14
    Offline239 replies
    11 years ago
    gundamjehutykai
    Haha, I'm actually quite the opposite, I don't consider myself to be good enough to do commissions but I own a Volks 1/4 KOS-MOS. In fact, She's up next on my "do build" list!!
    I think it's more of a confidence thing more than anything else. If I had more confidence in my works, then I would offer commissions but for now, my works only satisfy myself and push me on to try better things.

You have a kosy? *_*
    She is such a beauty. One day will built her too, but I want to get better first.
    Yeah, I guess you're right about the confidence thing. I am proud of my recent kits, but with kits like Kos-Mos I draw back. Seeing all this wonderful painted examples on Y!auction ... u_u
    http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/kawe-.png
  • gundamjehutykai
    gundamjehutykaiRegular Boarder • lv14
    Offline28 replies
    11 years ago
    kaweYou have a kosy? *_*
    She is such a beauty. One day will built her too, but I want to get better first.
    Yeah, I guess you're right about the confidence thing. I am proud of my recent kits, but with kits like Kos-Mos I draw back. Seeing all this wonderful painted examples on Y!auction ... u_u

Yep, I posted a pic along with my Knight of Gold back when I got the 2

picture/25882&a...

Now I have Bayonetta and a bunch of others to add to the list of kits to build...
    And sometimes, it's best not to compare your works to others too much. I don't think I'll ever be able to match the likes of Cody Kwok but when I think about it now, do I want to?
  • vhayste
    vhaysteRegular Boarder • lv17
    Offline13 replies
    I just started building garage kits last June and only managed to finish two. Though I am not that skilled to accept commissions, I am at least contented with my skill to paint my own kits :)

View spoilerHide spoiler
    Rin Tohsaka
    http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/3410/picture1428.jpg
    Raira Ria Soreru
    http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/7753/picture1458.jpg
    http://myanimelist.net/signature/vhayste.png

http://myfigurecollection.net/profile/vhayste/sign.png
  • Nebula
    NebulaRegular Boarder • lv13
    Offline30 replies
    24 days ago • Updated 24 days ago
    Can I commission this here, please hxatoms.blog.fc... / siruetoco.com/?...?
    I live in Europe.
    Thanks in advance.
  • Join the club to join the discussion.
  • 19 replies