Database ManagersFate Type-Moon Encyclopedia Cleanup

• Muntoe
    MuntoeLover of cacti ♡꒰*・ω・Moderator • lv46
    Offline2,924 replies
    3 years ago
    The purpose of this thread is to keep track of encyclopedia entries that need cleanup according to our new labeling standard.

Due to a large influx of character encyclopedia entries from the Fate/Grand Order game series MFC has decided to condense multiple character entries from Type-Moon's Fate series into one character entry each for easy user access. Previously a character had multiple encyclopedia entries depending on their “form”. In this case “form” means one of the many servant classes (e.g. Saber, Rider) or other versions of a character (e.g. Extra). Multiple entries make it difficult for users to locate a character in the database especially if one character has multiple "forms" spanning across many media.

From now on all character encyclopedia entries from Type-Moon’s Fate series (Fate/Stay Night, Fate/Grand Order, Fate/Zero, etc.) must follow the following format.

All characters will follow their given historical, true name in the character field as the main name and any other special transformations will be in the version field. For example:

• ENCYCLOPEDIA #1654 - was previously Saber, character name will change to Arturia Pendragon. Saber will go in the version field. Alias will include King Arthur.
    • ENCYCLOPEDIA #107551 - was previously Jeanne d'Arc (Alter). All entries will be merged with the original Jeanne d'Arc entry and Alter will go in the version field.
    • ENCYCLOPEDIA #23053 - was previously Caster EXTRA. Name will change to true name, Tamamo, with Caster and Extra in the version field.

The only two exceptions to this rule are the following: Characters whose true names happen to be major spoilers (e.g. Archer) will have their "form" will remain as the main name. Characters with media (e.g. doujinshi) will not have their forms listed in the version field due to site formatting issues. Only list their regular true name. If you have any questions about what constitutes a major spoiler or if you are unsure how to format your media please PM an ADM or MOD, thank you.

• ENCYCLOPEDIA #2665 - name will remain as Archer despite the fact it is a class form because his true name is a major spoiler.

Any other special nicknames will still remain as aliases and more may be added to the main character entry if needed. This ruling is retroactive so if you notice any that have not been corrected that are not in draft mode please PM an ADM or MOD to take care of the encyclopedia entry, thank you.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Many entries from Type-Moon's Fate series are old and some have hundreds of entries linked to them. Some are completely undrafted and/or have items that are undrafted and will require staff or VIB edits - in this case please use this thread to post the encyclopedia entries/individual items and we will edit the items when possible. We understand that this is a large site change and will take quite a while to complete so thank you for your patience :)
  • Kaneel
    Kaneelon IceModerator • lv55
    Offline271 replies
    3 years ago • Updated 9 months ago
    Will try to compile a wip list of the affected characters here starting with fate/grand order ones.

One thing i suggested and which i want to make users aware of is the tags.
    To make it easier to search for a very specific class version, especially from fate/grand order, you should tag the entry with it, i have an older example from Card Captor Sakura as an example tag/86849
    So with this tag i'm able to view entries with the same costume even if recent figures where named completly different.

Doing the same for our fate entries it should help immensly if you are searching for a very specific version, especially in the goods and media section, just imagine some goods with multiple characters on it and such.
    We "only" have to decide on one writing for the tags and then add these, i'm thinking especially if we should use brackets or not e.a arturia_pendragon_archer or arturia_pendragon_(archer) or even arturia_pendragon(archer)

Edit to tags! If you tag entries before the "wrong" class entry get's merged/deleted the tag stays intact Tag stays intact even after merging character beforehand, so scrap that. You can search the character/class combination right away via the tag and reapply it to entries. Example would be Mordred, mordred_(saber), Mordred_(Rider) and saber_mordred_of_red(merging with saber_of_red)
    For now i simply stayed with the established tag writing, so nothing new here.

Okay that aside, list (trying to keep it alphabetical) Reminder entries with more than 30 linked db entries can only be updated once by a mod before we have to pester kuma for another one

Archer ENCYCLOPEDIA #2665 <- Archer (Alter)ENCYCLOPEDIA #128133

Arturia Pendragon ENCYCLOPEDIA #1654 entries to be merged <- Saber Alter ENCYCLOPEDIA #2867,Saber lily ENCYCLOPEDIA #1889, Artoria Pendragon (Alter) (Lancer)ENCYCLOPEDIA #108743, Artoria Pendragon (Santa Alter) (Rider) ENCYCLOPEDIA #108742, Artoria Pendragon (Lancer)ENCYCLOPEDIA #124006 and Artoria Pendragon (Archer)ENCYCLOPEDIA #118911

Cú Chulainn ENCYCLOPEDIA #4387 <- Cú Chulainn (Alter) (Berserker)ENCYCLOPEDIA #121975, Cú Chulainn (Caster) ENCYCLOPEDIA #102363

Elizabeth Bathory ENCYCLOPEDIA #59072 <- caster ENCYCLOPEDIA #99100 and brave saber ENCYCLOPEDIA #124038

Gille de Rais ENCYCLOPEDIA #32393 <- Gille de Rais ENCYCLOPEDIA #128046

Gilgamesh ENCYCLOPEDIA #4343 <- Kid Gil ENCYCLOPEDIA #128069

Heroine X ENCYCLOPEDIA #78631 <- Alter ENCYCLOPEDIA #126696

Jeanne d'arc Alter ENCYCLOPEDIA #107551 <- Jeanne d'Arc (Alter Santa Lily) (Lancer)ENCYCLOPEDIA #120731

Kiyohime ENCYCLOPEDIA #108741 <- lancer ENCYCLOPEDIA #118914

Marie Antoinette ENCYCLOPEDIA #102169 <- caster ENCYCLOPEDIA #118912

Medea ENCYCLOPEDIA #4340 <- Lily Caster ENCYCLOPEDIA #101321

Medusa ENCYCLOPEDIA #1660 <- Gorgon (Avenger)ENCYCLOPEDIA #128126, medusa lancer ENCYCLOPEDIA #128125

Mordred ENCYCLOPEDIA #60272 <- ENCYCLOPEDIA #120248

Nero Claudius ENCYCLOPEDIA #4352 <- Saber Bride ENCYCLOPEDIA #30486

Sakata Kintoki ENCYCLOPEDIA #112132 <- rider ENCYCLOPEDIA #114524

Scáthach ENCYCLOPEDIA #88034 <- Scathach (Assassin) ENCYCLOPEDIA #119436

Tamamo no Mae ENCYCLOPEDIA #23053 <- Tamamo no Mae (Lancer) ENCYCLOPEDIA #118913

No merge, but naming overhaul needed

Alexander ENCYCLOPEDIA #32392

Angra Mainyu ENCYCLOPEDIA #4323

Artemis ENCYCLOPEDIA #119439

Arthur Pendragon ENCYCLOPEDIA #64044

Astolfo ENCYCLOPEDIA #81766

Atalanta ENCYCLOPEDIA #80335

Attila/altera ENCYCLOPEDIA #94631

Darius III ENCYCLOPEDIA #108489

Diarmuid Ua Duibhne ENCYCLOPEDIA #31813

Frankenstein ENCYCLOPEDIA #81843

Gawain ENCYCLOPEDIA #73569

Hans Christian Andersen ENCYCLOPEDIA #71392

Hassan-i-Sabah ENCYCLOPEDIA #32653 needs special attention in regards to this alert alert.php?mode=...

Helena Blavatsky ENCYCLOPEDIA #117805

Heracles ENCYCLOPEDIA #4339

Ishtar ENCYCLOPEDIA #123125

Jack the Ripper ENCYCLOPEDIA #37764

Karna ENCYCLOPEDIA #73568

Leonardo da Vinci ENCYCLOPEDIA #119438

Mash Kyrielight ENCYCLOPEDIA #87933

Medea ENCYCLOPEDIA #4340

Minamoto no Reikou ENCYCLOPEDIA #117807

Oda Nobunaga ENCYCLOPEDIA #71426

Okita Souji ENCYCLOPEDIA #56470

Robin Hood ENCYCLOPEDIA #102167

Sasaki Kojirou ENCYCLOPEDIA #4322

Shirou Kotomine ENCYCLOPEDIA #71389

Shuten Douji ENCYCLOPEDIA #110133

Siegfried ENCYCLOPEDIA #70232

Stheno ENCYCLOPEDIA #36061

Spartacus ENCYCLOPEDIA #80340

Tamamocat ENCYCLOPEDIA #94627

Ushiwakamaru ENCYCLOPEDIA #93644

Vlad III ENCYCLOPEDIA #81840

Zhuge Liang Kong Ming ENCYCLOPEDIA #94628

list not complete yet, but majority should fall in the second category aka overhaul needed only
  • Adamska
    AdamskaVery Important Boarder • lv26
    Online42 replies
    3 years ago
    I'd like to help with this (I like tedious busywork). But I need to make sure I understand what needs to be done. Note: I'm not at all familiar with Fate franchise. I apologize in advance... (・^・;)

All these items need to have the character's class (Archer, Assassin, Lancer, etc.) and variations (Alter, Lily, Santa) in the version field and be tagged, then the encyclopedia entries can be merged and renamed.

Versions/tags for "Saber" (assuming "Artoria" is going to be the main spelling):

↑To confirm, are variations a combination or should they be comma-separated?

Ex. would ENCYCLOPEDIA #120731's version be "Alter Santa Lily, Lancer" or "Alter, Lancer, Lily, Santa"?
  • purinbun
    purinbunRegular Boarder • lv20
    Online1,279 replies
    3 years ago
    Adamska3 years ago#23054214I'd like to help with this (I like tedious busywork). But I need to make sure I understand what needs to be done. Note: I'm not at all familiar with Fate franchise. I apologize in advance... (・^・;)

All these items need to have the character's class (Archer, Assassin, Lancer, etc.) and variations (Alter, Lily, Santa) in the version field and be tagged, then the encyclopedia entries can be merged and renamed.

Versions/tags for "Saber" (assuming "Artoria" is going to be the main spelling):

↑To confirm, are variations a combination or should they be comma-separated?

Ex. would ENCYCLOPEDIA #120731's version be "Alter Santa Lily, Lancer" or "Alter, Lancer, Lily, Santa"?
    I can help as well I know about Fate quite a bit \(//∇//)\

To answer your question, variations are a combination so no commas. Jeanne then should be Alter Santa Lily, Lancer. (*´꒳`*)
    http://static.tumblr.com/a3bc3645e6305ecfe79d60bf61643262/pkdir4g/4KYnima48/tumblr_static_1oazf80dzxi8c4s0ckgk0cwko.gif
    my splits: LIST #65278
  • Adamska
    Online42 replies
    3 years ago
    purinbun3 years ago#23058025To answer your question, variations are a combination so no commas. Jeanne then should be Alter Santa Lily, Lancer. (*´꒳`*)Thank you! :>

Just needed to be sure about that.
  • Kaneel
    Offline271 replies
    3 years ago
    purinbun3 years ago#23058025snip
    Adamska3 years ago#23054214snip

My best suggestion would be to stay clear of saber for now and focus on the easier entries where only the names have to be adapted and entries updated with the class version.
    I'm slowly going through the easier merges myself too because we still have some discussion how those multitude version should be entered, aka saber Lily, Lily Saber; Saber, lily for example which would also have to reflect in the tags, granted i can edit these any time without having to worry about to many related entries.
    Sabers official naming isn't decided yet too, Muntoe suggested Arturia based on the real heroe she is based off while the majority of manufacturer and type moon have her going by Altria, so yeah we try to avoid this for now because no one likes to go through entries twice or thrice because some rushed off.
    We have to edit a lot of classes entries because of this actually, if you look really close when the last name changes where done, because a lot of characters where added with their heroic identity only first and in the wake of this discussion we had one or two set off changing this before we agreed on doing so, which leaves us with more work in the end.
  • Adamska
    Online42 replies
    3 years ago
    Kaneel3 years ago#23122738My best suggestion would be to stay clear of saber for now and focus on the easier entries where only the names have to be adapted and entries updated with the class version.
    I'm slowly going through the easier merges myself too because we still have some discussion how those multitude version should be entered, aka saber Lily, Lily Saber; Saber, lily for example which would also have to reflect in the tags, granted i can edit these any time without having to worry about to many related entries.
    Sabers official naming isn't decided yet too, Muntoe suggested Arturia based on the real heroe she is based off while the majority of manufacturer and type moon have her going by Altria, so yeah we try to avoid this for now because no one likes to go through entries twice or thrice because some rushed off.
    We have to edit a lot of classes entries because of this actually, if you look really close when the last name changes where done, because a lot of characters where added with their heroic identity only first and in the wake of this discussion we had one or two set off changing this before we agreed on doing so, which leaves us with more work in the end.

Understood. I'll just edit the easier entries until we're sure how to deal with the complex ones.

It would be best if a lot of people were prepared to help with editing Saber, since it seems like way too much work for you and Muntoe to have to do alone. D:
  • Adamska
    Online42 replies
    3 years ago • Updated 2 years ago
    TODO in addition to Kaneel's list above

Edited
  • Coffee
    CoffeeVery Important Boarder • lv33
    Offline232 replies
    3 years ago
    Sorry to butt in but should ITEM #591508 be listed as ENCYCLOPEDIA #1654 or ENCYCLOPEDIA #118911?
    https://image.ibb.co/ivvYpa/nyhfk5X.png
    Art by ヒガシ
  • Kaneel
    Offline271 replies
    3 years ago
    Coffee3 years ago#23197683Sorry to butt in but should ITEM #591508 be listed as ENCYCLOPEDIA #1654 or ENCYCLOPEDIA #118911?

The Archer entry will be merged onto Saber hopefully soon and Saber updated to Arturia/Altria Pendragon instead of Saber.
    So after the changes are done the entry will be displayed correctly.
    I'm aware that right now it looks a little odd but i wanted to have one entry less to worry about.
  • Coffee
    CoffeeVery Important Boarder • lv33
    Offline232 replies
    3 years ago
    Kaneel3 years ago#23214775Coffee3 years ago#23197683Sorry to butt in but should ITEM #591508 be listed as ENCYCLOPEDIA #1654 or ENCYCLOPEDIA #118911?

The Archer entry will be merged onto Saber hopefully soon and Saber updated to Arturia/Altria Pendragon instead of Saber.
    So after the changes are done the entry will be displayed correctly.
    I'm aware that right now it looks a little odd but i wanted to have one entry less to worry about.

Ok, I figured it was something like that, but just wanted to check anyway.
    https://image.ibb.co/ivvYpa/nyhfk5X.png
    Art by ヒガシ
  • Ricotta
    RicottaRegular Boarder • lv17
    Offline3 replies
    3 years ago • Updated 3 years ago
    Kaneel3 years ago#21127475

It may be nitpicking, but I think it would be better to change it to Iskandar, it's how he's called in F/GO fategrandorder.... and on the merch ITEM #615998
  • Kaneel
    Offline271 replies
    2 years ago • Updated 2 years ago
    Ricotta3 years ago#27179672Kaneel3 years ago#21127475

It may be nitpicking, but I think it would be better to change it to Iskandar, it's how he's called in F/GO fategrandorder.... and on the merch ITEM #615998

I have to check what he was to reffered to in fate/zero since this was his original debut.
    F/GO is jumbling alot around and if we follow everything from the game we should rename a certain archer to Mumei now.
    Putting aliases is still an option.

In general, i'm trying to bring down pretty much every double, triple entry and rename older class entries now expect for saber because there's a tie in between Altria and Arturia.
    At this point i'm like let's see which get's the most votes and then i'll be done with it.
  • Adamska
    Online42 replies
  • Kaneel
    Offline271 replies
    Adamska2 years ago#41789871ENTRY #163973ENTRY #78631?

taking care of that
  • Josine
    JosineRegular Boarder • lv20
    Offline98 replies
    Can't help but notice there are missing: what about ENTRY #7466 ENTRY #4121 (Artoria Pendragon/Saber) and ENTRY #5801 (Rin), ENTRY #4344 (Sakura), ENTRY #4341 (Medusa/Rider)? Imo I don't think those chibified version should have seperate character entries still?
  • Kaneel
    Offline271 replies
    2 years ago
    Josine2 years ago#42760768Can't help but notice there are missing: what about ENTRY #7466 ENTRY #4121 (Artoria Pendragon/Saber) and ENTRY #5801 (Rin), ENTRY #4344 (Sakura), ENTRY #4341 (Medusa/Rider)? Imo I don't think those chibified version should have seperate character entries still?

Gotta agree with that, these three nendos where specifically made after illustrations.
    Will take care of the rider and sakura entry first since i'm cleaning up rider right now anyway.
  • Josine
    JosineRegular Boarder • lv20
    Offline98 replies
    1 year ago
    Should ENTRY #23105 get merged with ENTRY #1769? As it is the division is already really random as I see quite a few Magical Girl versions of Illya just under 'Illyasviel von Einzbern'. Personally I don't think the distinction is necessary anyway.
  • Kaneel
    Offline271 replies
    1 year ago
    Josine1 year ago#46307862Should ENTRY #23105 get merged with ENTRY #1769? As it is the division is already really random as I see quite a few Magical Girl versions of Illya just under 'Illyasviel von Einzbern'. Personally I don't think the distinction is necessary anyway.

Eh no, several figures are advertised as prisma illya and at least for the magical girls and co we always had one entry for the magical and one for the real person, same as with sao and entries for asuna and asuna yuuki for example.

The magical girl versions under illyasviel are from a clean up i did when someone alerted an entry or was asking in the db manager club, can re-check that.
    But basically they where listed under the magical girl version but sold as illyasviel xyz version by the manufacturers.
  • ney
    neyVery Important Boarder • lv26
    Offline18 replies
    10 months ago
    So ok, merging has been done (but not finalized for some characters apparently), but what about aliases ?
  • Join the club to join the discussion.
  • 22 replies