Mandarake-like selling service in US?

5 replies

• 5 replies
  • EternalVendettaRegular Boarder
    EternalVendetta
    • No
    • 5 years ago
    7 months ago
    I've recently decided to sell off a good chunk of the collection I've built up over the years (reasons include too much clutter in the house, current stage of life, etc.), and I'm a bit daunted by the prospect of selling it through the typical eBay / private-selling route. Does anyone know of a store or service that can help sell a few hundred PVC figures, action figures, art books, etc.?

If not maybe I'll just suck it up and sell things off slowly - I'm just particularly dreading the process of packing and shipping things out!
  • wzztRegular Boarder
    wzzt
    • No
    • 2 years ago
    • California
    7 months ago • Updated 7 months ago
    The closest thing to Mandarake I can think of is Akiba Soul, though the selection of figures they accept is much more limited in scope than Mandarake's. If you want to avoid the hassle of packing and shipping, there's not much you can do besides putting it up on Craigslist and hoping for the best; the US is too large and anime merchandise collecting is too niche in the country for a Mandarake-like store chain to exist.
  • LinaRegular Boarder
    Lina
    • No
    • 4 years ago
    • Illinois
    7 months ago
    For the art books have you tried 2nd & Charles or Half Price Books? They may take those!
  • Heavenly_OtakuRegular Boarder
    Heavenly_Otaku
    • No
    • 6 years ago
    6 months ago • Updated 6 months ago
    You may want to check Anime Jungle - Buyback programs in Los Angeles for anime figures.

www.animejungle...

Phone:
    213-621-1661 (Primary)
    213-621-1660 (Secondary)

E-mail:
    Inquiry about Buyback Program and its appointment
    buyback@animejungle.net

They are the US chain for Jungle anime store (Osaka, Japan).
  • motaku96Regular Boarder
    motaku96
    • No
    • 7 years ago
    • New York
    4 months ago
    Bookoff will buy figures if you have one nearby.
  • 5 replies
  • Join the club to join the discussion.