HomeForumsThread #15524

Take care of your figures!Replacement or repair of Figma #200 Hatsune Miku neck joint

5 replies

• 5 replies
  • ElectromasterRegular Boarder
    Electromaster
    • No
    • 6 years ago
    • Croatia
    4 months ago • Updated 4 months ago
    Sooo... I broke the neck joint on my Hatsune Miku figma. It snapped in half, with the broken part getting stuck in her head, and I had to pull it out with pliers, so it's a bit chewed-up.
    Now as you may know, this specific figma has a relatively rare kind of neck joint, with a thicker bottom part which prevents you from pulling the head off easily. I managed to forget this, and well, that's how I broke it.

I'm not good at fixing these kind of things (and right now, I wouldn't trust myself with gluing two rocks together) so I'm looking either for someone who would be willing to sell this specific kind of neck joint from their own (supposedly broken) figma, OR someone who is skilled enough and would be willing to repair this neck joint properly.
    I'm offering a reasonable amount of money, covering shipping expenses, etc.

Any takers?
  • kyoshinheiRegular Boarder
    kyoshinhei
    • Yes
    • 3 years ago
    • France
    4 months ago • Updated 4 months ago
    Hi, I'm not certain how well it would go given the state the joint is in but I can attempt a fix if you wish.
    I don't take a fee, as long as you handle the shipping expenses.
    Electromaster
    • No
    • 6 years ago
    • Croatia
    4 months ago
    Sorry, for the late reply, I was in the middle of moving from one apartment to another.
    I believe the repair might require taking apart another "regular" joint and then replacing the top end of this one with that one.
    That said- I don't know too much about repairing stuff like this. I can try to take a better photo if you wanna asses the damage.
  • kyoshinheiRegular Boarder
    kyoshinhei
    • Yes
    • 3 years ago
    • France
    4 months ago
    Electromaster (4 months ago) #37018899I can try to take a better photo if you wanna asses the damage.
    Well, I think your picture is quite enough to assess the damage => i.e. pretty bad ^^
    That said, I think I might be able do something about it nonetheless.

Plan A is to try and reattach the broken part, reinforcing it with steel, filling the crunched bits with some putty and then sanding it clean. (example)

If plan A fails, plan B is to cast a resin copy of the broken half part of the joint (I also own Figma Miku 2.0 so I can use my joint as a reference).

For the fix, I think I would need only the broken joint and not the rest of your figure (I can use mine to test the sturdiness). That way you can probably keep the shipping cheap by sending it as a letter. It wouldn't be reasonable to spend more than 10~15€ on a fix like this.
    Electromaster
    • No
    • 6 years ago
    • Croatia
    4 months ago
    Alright, it's a deal! Check your inbox.
  • 5 replies
  • Join the club to join the discussion.