- 39 replies
- 7 years agoThis thread will handle changes to the terms & way that the club works. This way updates don't get lost in the other chat threads. Please make sure to keep up with this thread! If there are new posts make sure to read it.
Please don't post in here, if you have questions ask in the club chat! Thanks
- 7 years agoThere was a some discussion to hold raffles, and I've made decisions on them. From now on, some sets will have one required raffle slot to make up for extra figures. For instance, the set Yuzusoft Figure Collection has one double figure in the set. It's unreasonable to try to get 2 slots for each box ordered, since it's only one extra figure. Therefore, an extra $0.8 will be applied to each figure purchased for that box.
Raffle slots will never be automatically added for expensive sets. The most I will automatically request for is 1 USD. Only future sets will have raffle slots automatically added to them. Previous sets that need a slot to fill, I will verify with everyone if that's okay first.
Sets without enough slots to fill for a specific figure (like not enough people are interested in one figure) will not be eligible for automatic slots either. Again I'll ask everyone first for those kind.
Also, raffle slots in general will change a bit. Raffles won't be held until the product actually comes in, and at that point they will be held at the last day of a month. The reason is to give time for someone to express interest in purchasing the figure. If the figure is purchased, all parties will of course be refunded for the money they put towards the slot. If it's not purchased, it will move into a raffle box and be raffled at the appointed time I decide.
Raffles will only be available to members that have purchased something within the past 3 months before a raffle, or have donated towards a raffle slot before but not won something. To prevent from unfairness for someone who's especially lucky, each person can only win once until each person eligible for raffles at the time wins something.
If you don't agree with these terms then please feel free to discuss it in club chat! Once again I'm just trying to prevent from losing money by offering my services, so I try to cover potential problems.
- Raffle slots automatically added to future sets with small amount of doubles.
- Not automatically added to sets with unpopular figures.
- All current threads affected by the changes will not be automatically billed with raffle slots, everyone involved will be surveyed. People can freely cancel under this circumstance if it causes too many problems.
- Eligible people for raffles are members who donated in the past and/or helped split a box in the 3 months prior to a raffle.
- Limits placed on raffle win amounts.
- Raffle slots automatically added to future sets with small amount of doubles.
- 7 years agooutdated informationhideFor now, I'm removing the currency conversion fees from invoices and listings, and only leaving the figure base price. It doesn't make sense to charge them yet since the currency could change by the time I have to pay AmiAmi. Conversion fees (established by PayPal) and any discrepancy in the currency since the time of order to the time of payment to a Japanese store will be added into the S/H cost that I request when shipment is ready.
If you already paid some fees don't worry about it, I'll take that into account when I prepare shipment invoices.
- 7 years agooutdated informationhideTo make things even easier for me and members, I added a 'Member Credits' section to the Order Status thread. Basically, every time you make a deposit it's added as your current balance there. None of your orders are secret on here, so it's not a problem privacy-wise. Every time I pay for your items, your balance will be deducted accordingly. Shipment invoices won't be added on there though, since the post is really just for me to easily keep track of everyone's deposits.
- 7 years agoStarting in late September/early October the main shipping method might change to EMS. However, I don't foresee much of any difference from using Domestic->USPS to EMS, if at all. The reason is because the items I order will be thrown in with my boyfriend's monthly AmiAmi shipment instead. USPS also adds an insane amount to shipments depending on box size, so the difference to EMS will now be minimal.
This is a good thing, because it means Returns will be available to us if there are defects.
However, this hasn't been decided on completely, I will be reviewing the difference of costs when we are invoiced by AmiAmi. Just a heads up! If the cost difference is really too large, I will of course take that into consideration.
- 7 years agooutdated informationhideLSB's new proxy service is Shopping Mall Japan!
Why the change in service? Well, for one we had some little problems with our old service. It was an OKAY experience but not fantastic. One of my main issues is that they did not live up to my expectations based on questions I asked them about their service; they changed their policies in the middle of our order. Secondly, and the worst of all, they forgot to order some of our things!
Why SMJ? There are quite a few reasons actually! While their fees are a bit higher than some, they have some really wonderful features! Check below for some reasons why I decided:
+ Shipping system. Basically, SMJ ships items from their Japan warehouse to one they have here in US, in one big batch-shipment with several SMJ user's items! From there, things are held & shipped to respective people that purchased the items. This method seems like it will be safe & inexpensive, saving us a LOT on EMS shipping, which should in turn help us even out those fees and save even more!
+ Storage system. SMJ allows you to store things in their Japanese warehouse for up to one month! That's twice as long as our old proxy. Best of all, they allow storage of their US warehouse for up to a whopping THREE months! Incredible, with this we could end up saving a great deal of money by having more items shipped at the same time!
+ Auction service. Unlike most proxies, SMJ allows you to bid on Y!J auctions in real time using their own account. Although it has some down sides, it will be really useful to us for auction splits!
Just like with our old proxy, depending on how well our first try with them goes, they might be used for future orders as well.
For group orders, remember that we have to pay proxy fees! Expect to pay a percentage on your item's price and a very small amount of yen for bank wire fee & domestic shipping (those last ones will really be almost nothing if we order a lot of stuffs).
Of course, there is shipping cost to me. How will shipping be handled? Well, when I have to pay for EMS, I will ask everyone for an evenly divided amount to cover it's initial shipment to me, OR make a reasonable estimate based on what is ordered by each person(s). When I receive the items, I will go through and calculate everyone's individual shipment costs and invoice accordingly. Depending on the weights you will either be expected to pay more or less. So please expect a certain amount depending on what kind of things you're ordering! For straps and keychains, it will be almost nothing, but for figures and things, it can be more!
People who will not have to help pay initial EMS fees are those will only be buying a very tiny light-weight item (such as pin set or charm). However when the item comes in to me it will be weighed as well.
- 7 years agoJust a note to all: If you ever try to file a charge-back to me on PayPal or file a claim/complaint about me to PayPal you will be permanently banned from ordering via the club and banned from the club in general. No warnings, no second chances, and I will keep a personal record of your address so that you can't order under new usernames.
- 7 years agoAfter some talk with a friend of mine on tsuki (thanks for your advices) I decided to make PayPal fees mandatory and switch to default payments via PayPal (Services/Goods). I know this might be disappointing for a lot of you but I don't want to get in any trouble for providing a service that I'm just doing out of my kindness.
However, to save on fees we could do refunds every now and than and group several invoices together for a particular person.
I have updated the FAQ and revised the template for invoices thanks to help of some fellow club members.
I'd also like to take this time to thank very much the members of this club who have been providing me with help! I appreciate it so much, I can't imagine how long it would take me if I had no help at all. Even if I don't say it each time, it really does mean so much to me. So thank you!
If it's not obvious, I am incredibly busy with the club so if you have a question that you think another member besides myself can answer, please do ask in the club chat. If you're waiting on me to answer a question of yours, please be patient! I'll get to it as soon as possible. Thank you~
- 7 years agooutdated informationhideJust to clarify and some notes about the Trust System:
In stock & back-order items will be invoiced a week before the end of the month they are being ordered. For instance if I order a back-order item or in stock item in September, they will be invoiced around September 25th to the interested parties (or a couple of days sooner/later). Back-orders might not come in until the next month, but it's just in case they come in early!
To those on the trust system list, please keep an eye on your own interests! I don't really have the time to PM everyone reminders all the time :< So just kindly check the forums or Order Status thread every now and then so that you know what's going on! I have names of people who have not paid clearly highlighted in indigo so you can pick them out a little easier ^^
People on the list are those who I deem responsible and reliable so I have expectations for those persons! Thank you ^^
- 7 years ago • Updated 7 years agoIn preperation for the new type of invoices that will be going out, I am making a spreadsheet that will house all of my current member's records ^^ So please, if you have a current order with the club that is being processed send this information to kxbang (at) gmail [dot] com
Title your e-mail Let's Split Boxes! Member Info: (Username) and include this information in the e-mail.
Username: Your tsukiboard username (again). Please write your username EXACTLY how it appears on tsuki board.
PayPal e-mail address: Your e-mail account that is on PayPal, which I'll be using to invoice you.
Contact e-mail address: Your main contact address for me to e-mail you.
Google e-mail address: Your gmail account for viewing invoices. Please check here for more info.
PayPal currency: What type of currency your PayPal is in.
PayPal country/location: Your PayPal's account location.
Shipping address: Your main address you plan to have shipped to in the future, don't worry because I will always ask you if you want something different. Please make sure you include the name to ship to, and write it in lines as it should be on your package!
Notes: Anything else you need to say?
Please and thank you!
- 7 years agooutdated informationhideSome of you have already heard but I am going to be moving on October 31st up north!
What this means for the club? Not that much really. Firstly don't worry about your things because they will be safe going with me, and all the addresses are worked out to receive future shipments.
The most important change I could see happening, is depending on where I live, I may not be able to go to the Post Office that often like I had planned before. I'm not sure yet, but just take note that you may not get your things that fast, especially in the winter since I might get snowed in. Please all I ask is that you are understanding of the situation!
Not moving anymore, but still have people bumming at my place through mid November, woohoo!
Thanks everyone and thanks especially to everyone that has been helping lately with the club duties, I really appreciate it!
- 7 years agoFrom now on to help save users on PayPal fees, and to help protect myself from being short on orders, I will use a lower exchange rate for invoicing on base figure prices. The problem is that PayPal uses a lower conversion rate than what the current live rate is, so I am left to pay more expenses when I order our things. Before, I would just invoice them later with Japanese S/H charges. However, now I'm finding it to be more of a hassle, so from now on I will make a "safety level" for invoicing. Of course, when I pay for the actual order I will take notes accordingly and credit you in the club. Credits are deducted when I charge you shipping (either from Japan-to-me or from me-to-you).
You can check the current invoicing rate anytime here, and read the updated FAQ as well!
- 7 years agoHi everyone,
Sorry that I have been so absent and that I'm taking so long to update everything! Special thanks to those working on the spreadsheet and always helping out in the club in other ways like posting updated lists, it's so useful to me and I really appreciate it.
The FAQ was updated recently so it's good to check it.
Lastly, I am looking to recruit some person(s) for hosting/advertising LSB on other sites like Livejournal and figure.fm to gain more interest for completing our boxes. Please PM me if you're interested!
- 7 years agooutdated informationhideI'm preparing invoices now. For new invoices that are done via PayPal, you will be sent a short PM with an alert to pay and also a list of what it's for. I decided to probably not list a detailed invoice, as it takes a lot of time and also may give PayPal the idea that I am selling merchandise for profit.
Anyway, you might notice the PMs are coming from a user named bureburebure. She is my lovely LSB&wishlist mule, so please don't be surprised! It's just me, I use another account for looking at my "real" wishlist and organizing some stuff. In the future, I might give other users of this club access to the account.
- 7 years agooutdated informationhideI decided to remove the member credits section because it was just too much work to maintain and I have a lot in the club to do as it is. Please save invoices to your computer and keep track of them that way. Old invoices will be sent someday in the future in the new format so that each person can have complete records. Thank you!
- 7 years agoNo more editing posts when asking for slots. I don't know who asks first now for things! So please don't do it or I might disregard what you ask for. Don't worry about making more than one post or having to edit spelling mistakes, it's OK. Thank you!
- 7 years agoJust a reminder, it's your responsibility to keep track of your shipments/splits and budget. Also, if you want your shipment sent out, let me know ^^ Sorry, but I don't have time to PM each user upon receipt at this time. You can PM requests to bureburebure
outdated informationhideAdditionally, from now on descrepencies will be credited/billed during shipping requests for the most part. The reason is simply to lessen my current workload. Descrepencies are basically the amount of difference that an item actually cost to purchase versus the amount I initially charged someone. In most cases it has to do with the yen difference charged by PayPal, (currently as of writing the club uses a base of 75JPY for new invoices).
- 7 years agoJust wanted to send out a club apology that shipments are taking so long! I shipped out the majority of requests and am working mostly on new ones now, but I really did not think I would be flooded with them this holiday season. The club ended up to be a lot more popular than I thought it would be! So therefore, a lot more work. Thanks so much to everyone who has been understanding, and of course those helping me roll out changes and new stuff. I really really appreciate it.
I'm slowly putting out some changes to the club guidelines and FAQ, trying to make it more user friendly and also adjust things based on what I thought it would be like->what it's like. Please make sure you keep up with any changes so that we don't have any fights or hard feelings :]
Anyway, I hope all of you are having a nice holiday season, stay warm and safe! ^^
- 7 years agooutdated informationhideChanging my PM shipment requirements again, sorry!
PMs should now be sent to this username when making a new shipment request, or you can also answer PMs to here. Thank you! Merry christmas everyone!!
- 7 years agoThanks so much to everyone who helped get thread recovery back up while I was sick. I appreciate it so much.
Invoices still need a lot of work right now a long with a million other things, but as I'm still recovering from my sickness I am taking it a bit slower than usual.
Concerning shipments, I am waiting on a USPS box order which should be here in a few days. Thank you!
- 39 replies
- This thread has been closed.