24 replies

• 24 replies
  • hikaridranzVery Important Boarder
    hikaridranz
    • No
    • 7 years ago
    • Singapore
    5 months ago • Updated 5 months ago
    This thread is for those who are seeking quick translations from the language. If you're looking for in-depth explanation or discussion, please use thread/16478 instead. If you just need to have the text romanised in MFC database style, use thread/16490.

Alternatively, there is a more established thread in The Question and answer club: thread/984
    Feel free to PM me if you need MFC-related help, or check out Language Sandwich club for help with translations
  • noctisityRegular Boarder
    noctisity
    • No
    • 4 years ago
    • USA
    4 months ago
    Hi there! Hope this is the right place to ask, but I was wondering if I could get some help translating the following message? It is posted on the page for a product I wanted to buy.

注意事項
    こちらの商品は
    最大6個までメール便配送可能です。
    ただし、同時に6個以上購入された場合は、メール便を選択された場合も通常配送となりますので予めご了承ください。
    他のメール便対象商品と一緒にご注文された場合も通常配送となります。

From what I understand, it's talking about quantity and shipping limits?

Thank you in advance!
  • kyoshinheiRegular Boarder
    kyoshinhei
    • No
    • 4 years ago
    • France
    4 months ago
    View spoilerHide spoilernoctisity (4 months ago) #64076566Hi there! Hope this is the right place to ask, but I was wondering if I could get some help translating the following message? It is posted on the page for a product I wanted to buy.
    注意事項
    こちらの商品は
    最大6個までメール便配送可能です。
    ただし、同時に6個以上購入された場合は、メール便を選択された場合も通常配送となりますので予めご了承ください。
    他のメール便対象商品と一緒にご注文された場合も通常配送となります。
    From what I understand, it's talking about quantity and shipping limits?
    Thank you in advance!

If I'm not mistaken, it says you can only order up to six units via "mail" delivery, above that number they will be sent as "regular" delivery even if you choose "mail" at checkout. If you order other items with the six units it will also default to "regular".

My guess is that "mail" means "letter" format and "regular" means "package" format. I suppose these are small flat items, making them eligible for letter delivery but only up to a certain threshold.
  • noctisityRegular Boarder
    noctisity
    • No
    • 4 years ago
    • USA
    4 months ago
    kyoshinhei (4 months ago) #64080825View spoilerHide spoiler
    If I'm not mistaken, it says you can only order up to six units via "mail" delivery, above that number they will be sent as "regular" delivery even if you choose "mail" at checkout. If you order other items with the six units it will also default to "regular".
    My guess is that "mail" means "letter" format and "regular" means "package" format. I suppose these are small flat items, making them eligible for letter delivery but only up to a certain threshold.

Thank you so much! They are indeed small, flat items (acrylic stands). I took a look at their FAQ and it shows two different shipping prices so that makes more sense now.
  • AnsiveRegular Boarder
    Ansive
    • No
    • 1 year ago
    • Romania
    4 months ago
    Could someone translate the text from this keychain? (bonus 'points' for typing it)
    ITEM #553600
    hikaridranz
    • No
    • 7 years ago
    • Singapore
    4 months ago
    Ansive (4 months ago) #64377833Could someone translate the text from this keychain? (bonus 'points' for typing it)
    ITEM #553600

恐怖するがいい、人間ども!
    Fear me, humans!

Not sure if there's already an official translation of her catchphrase, but her gsc nendoroid page has it as 'Tremble in fear before me, lowly humans!'
    Feel free to PM me if you need MFC-related help, or check out Language Sandwich club for help with translations
  • AnsiveRegular Boarder
    Ansive
    • No
    • 1 year ago
    • Romania
    4 months ago
    Oooh, thank you very much!
    I initially though it was her name. But it made no sense as I was deciphering the kana.
    Online OCR translating sites also failed to read the kanji.

Could you possibly also translate the other 3 from the set?
    ITEM #553599
    ITEM #553598
    ITEM #553595
    hikaridranz
    • No
    • 7 years ago
    • Singapore
    4 months ago
    Ansive (4 months ago) #64380685Oooh, thank you very much!
    I initially though it was her name. But it made no sense as I was deciphering the kana.
    Online OCR translating sites also failed to read the kanji.
    Could you possibly also translate the other 3 from the set?
    ITEM #553599
    ITEM #553598
    ITEM #553595

Late reply. Tried to search for existing quotes first, which I added below my translation.

あ…悪魔らしく
    他人に迷惑かけてみましたっ
    Ah... I tried to disturb others like a demon would.
    "I tried acting more demonic by causing trouble for others."

どのように 導い ( いじっ ) てほしいですか?
    How would you like me to lord over you?
    "So, how may I toy with you?"

人類なんて勝手に滅んでくださいって感じ?
    Like, humanity should just go end themselves.
    "Like, humanity can just go to Hell and die, for all I care."
  • AnsiveRegular Boarder
    Ansive
    • No
    • 1 year ago
    • Romania
    4 months ago
    Great quotes, thank you!
  • MaakieRegular Boarder
    Maakie
    • No
    • 8 years ago
    • The Netherlands, Netherlands
    3 months ago
    So I bought a Garage Kit and inside was a note from either the seller or previous owner. Google Translate just gives me gibberish, could someone tell me what this note is about?? It could be just some random note from the previous owner with no relevance to the item, but I'm so curious, LOL!

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/BNO38xkkSMVviFy_JDRVQBWYkaDn75L8oSSVd6X3LTDi2XuaKZqc8nbXI0ehmhTiE7RmmEMW9nMV6lkhItwFageamueQmN4tCs_Nqx4Gbep1GKITTMHwqyeTnRK6AcftbV_95ikC-Wfl3UtMYzBHOCm86QTCcFmLKstQX_B9v-i4TLMgDX6G04p-7fh7bI5BFqnCoUt12h9tmenmqV4nwGhBRbTiXDNEBfx1rwX78J21ESsx2SFTmB3U9pTHB_18cyq1m84g8p8hoxzR6uQuONY0J3CjHnISbQ6E7wfzobnB5v0ms9MqW4ZCkYTWVRfQL2Q7tMpTtr1gOUsZj-akcL9LFg_6_lO3NLrQCI4iGUb4Rdh7yMb6MfnQp9ySp6Subq53y7VNuFftF6U4wcT4wEGI85C52fXi4PKGOXuHlEpKULIpF30zK1KV7wcuSvvC9aJ9CF5oa9iiHKew6bjDnx8-X7V-73IHpvLizlPVPD_3muq4vkldlfIQBPJLWkXI62zSDXitzCRiAhdlB6tn4aUEwcqzMbuZx7ieyDUePrIJFtaJgp7BVef0O4kV_AGHugJ0-2nycW8bGv4LJpvqwDz59No7QUP7FQlKTv7iGWiBP5TorJJFUd1sEWqCWV-d47D1TPs8ipg4-aFQxJyhhw1EGOc9R3wA=w1288-h966-no?.jpg
    Things I am selling/trading:
    LIST #14643
    LIST #96871
    LIST #45514
    LIST #57698
    ~Thanks for looking!~

Cosplay website: tinyurl.com/maa...

Figure blog (mainly reviews and loots): profile/Maakie/...
    kyoshinhei
    • No
    • 4 years ago
    • France
    3 months ago
    View spoilerHide spoilerMaakie (3 months ago) #65858225So I bought a Garage Kit and inside was a note from either the seller or previous owner. Google Translate just gives me gibberish, could someone tell me what this note is about?? It could be just some random note from the previous owner with no relevance to the item, but I'm so curious, LOL!
    https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/BNO38xkkSMVviFy_JDRVQBWYkaDn75L8oSSVd6X3LTDi2XuaKZqc8nbXI0ehmhTiE7RmmEMW9nMV6lkhItwFageamueQmN4tCs_Nqx4Gbep1GKITTMHwqyeTnRK6AcftbV_95ikC-Wfl3UtMYzBHOCm86QTCcFmLKstQX_B9v-i4TLMgDX6G04p-7fh7bI5BFqnCoUt12h9tmenmqV4nwGhBRbTiXDNEBfx1rwX78J21ESsx2SFTmB3U9pTHB_18cyq1m84g8p8hoxzR6uQuONY0J3CjHnISbQ6E7wfzobnB5v0ms9MqW4ZCkYTWVRfQL2Q7tMpTtr1gOUsZj-akcL9LFg_6_lO3NLrQCI4iGUb4Rdh7yMb6MfnQp9ySp6Subq53y7VNuFftF6U4wcT4wEGI85C52fXi4PKGOXuHlEpKULIpF30zK1KV7wcuSvvC9aJ9CF5oa9iiHKew6bjDnx8-X7V-73IHpvLizlPVPD_3muq4vkldlfIQBPJLWkXI62zSDXitzCRiAhdlB6tn4aUEwcqzMbuZx7ieyDUePrIJFtaJgp7BVef0O4kV_AGHugJ0-2nycW8bGv4LJpvqwDz59No7QUP7FQlKTv7iGWiBP5TorJJFUd1sEWqCWV-d47D1TPs8ipg4-aFQxJyhhw1EGOc9R3wA=w1288-h966-no?.jpg

Yup, just a message from the seller:

このたびは落札していただきまして本当にありがとうございました。
    Thank you very much for your bid.
    またごえんがありましたらどうぞよろしくお願いいたします。
    I am at you disposal if you need anything else.
  • MaakieRegular Boarder
    Maakie
    • No
    • 8 years ago
    3 months ago
    kyoshinhei (3 months ago) #65858387View spoilerHide spoiler
    Yup, just a message from the seller:
    このたびは落札していただきまして本当にありがとうございました。
    Thank you very much for your bid.
    またごえんがありましたらどうぞよろしくお願いいたします。
    I am at you disposal if you need anything else.

Thank you! Nothing special, but pretty nice of the seller. :)
    LIST #14643
    LIST #96871
    LIST #45514
    LIST #57698
    ~Thanks for looking!~

• robert18Regular Boarder
    robert18
    • No
    • 4 years ago
    3 months ago
    Hi

Can someone help me with the translation of this?

View spoilerHide spoilerhttps://i.ibb.co/dBnxj4q/16.jpg

This is from one OVA of Bikini Warriors. From Google Translate I get this: I tried to visualize the power that can not be transmitted only by figures. It kinda make sense but not so much at the same time.

Is not that important or anything, but I really appreciate the help. Thanks.
    kyoshinhei
    • No
    • 4 years ago
    • France
    3 months ago
    View spoilerHide spoilerrobert18 (3 months ago) #65916919Hi
    Can someone help me with the translation of this?
    View spoilerHide spoilerhttps://i.ibb.co/dBnxj4q/16.jpg
    This is from one OVA of Bikini Warriors. From Google Translate I get this: I tried to visualize the power that can not be transmitted only by figures. It kinda make sense but not so much at the same time.
    Is not that important or anything, but I really appreciate the help. Thanks.

Well, Google translate isn't that far off the mark except for 魅力(miryoku) that means "charm", "appeal" or "fascination" rather than "power" (though the kanjis composing it are literally "fascination" and "power")

I would personally translate the title as:
    "I tried to visualize the appeal that figures alone cannot convey"
  • robert18Regular Boarder
    robert18
    • No
    • 4 years ago
    3 months ago
    kyoshinhei (3 months ago) #65918387
    Well, Google translate isn't that far off the mark except for 魅力(miryoku) that means "charm", "appeal" or "fascination" rather than "power" (though the kanjis composing it are literally "fascination" and "power")
    I would personally translate the title as:
    "I tried to visualize the appeal that figures alone cannot convey"

That's really helpful. Thanks.
  • MaakieRegular Boarder
    Maakie
    • No
    • 8 years ago
    3 months ago
    What is the name of this artist?

白木土埜

Shiraki tsuchi or just Shiraki, or something else?
    LIST #14643
    LIST #96871
    LIST #45514
    LIST #57698
    ~Thanks for looking!~

hikaridranz
    • No
    • 7 years ago
    • Singapore
    3 months ago
    Maakie (3 months ago) #66560616What is the name of this artist?
    白木土埜
    Shiraki tsuchi or just Shiraki, or something else?

what works are theirs?
  • MaakieRegular Boarder
    Maakie
    • No
    • 8 years ago
    3 months ago
    hikaridranz (3 months ago) #66614026what works are theirs?

Here is the only doujinshi I know of them: ITEM #889582
    LIST #14643
    LIST #96871
    LIST #45514
    LIST #57698
    ~Thanks for looking!~

hikaridranz
    • No
    • 7 years ago
    • Singapore
    3 months ago
    Maakie (3 months ago) #66628753Here is the only doujinshi I know of them: ITEM #889582

Do you have text with the name on it? 土埜 doesn't sound like a name unless they're using it as a fancy/kirakira pen name
  • MaakieRegular Boarder
    Maakie
    • No
    • 8 years ago
    3 months ago
    hikaridranz (3 months ago) #66633746Do you have text with the name on it? 土埜 doesn't sound like a name unless they're using it as a fancy/kirakira pen name

It will be a while before physical doujinshi reaches me, but if it helps, you can see the name on it's listing on Otaku Republic: otakurepublic.c... .

I'm not an expert on the Japanese language at all, but I also found 埜 weird to see/read, so it makes sense that you say it's a self-made pen name...hrmm, but how to write it down then...?
    LIST #14643
    LIST #96871
    LIST #45514
    LIST #57698
    ~Thanks for looking!~

• 24 replies
  • Join the club to join the discussion.