Dakimakura lovers clubIroning

5 replies

• 5 replies
  • SB-129Regular Boarder
    SB-129
    • No
    • 7 years ago
    20 days ago
    Can you iron a peach skin dakimakura cover? I have one that's all wrinkled from being shipped.
  • harichanRegular Boarder
    harichan
    • No
    • 4 years ago
    20 days ago
    i dont have a peach skin daki, but i'd assume it would be fine as long as you have some cloth between the iron and the daki to keep it safe!
  • SB-129Regular Boarder
    SB-129
    • No
    • 7 years ago
    20 days ago
    harichan (20 days ago) #64952457i dont have a peach skin daki, but i'd assume it would be fine as long as you have some cloth between the iron and the daki to keep it safe!

Good point. I'll try it.
  • SB-129Regular Boarder
    SB-129
    • No
    • 7 years ago
    19 days ago
    I tried ironing it under a bed sheet, and the success was very limited, so I tried doing it directly. It seems to be safe on the lowest setting. It’s really stubborn though. These were really sharp creases from being folded into the shipping envelope, and it took a while of ironing each area under a lot of pressure before they started fading. They’re still visible if you look hard enough for them, and they’re still pretty obvious on the white parts around the illustration, but the printed part looks better than it did.
  • ffenrisVery Important Boarder
    ffenris
    • No
    • 7 years ago
    • The Eroji-nous Zone
    18 days ago
    SB-129 (19 days ago) #65029897I tried ironing it under a bed sheet, and the success was very limited, so I tried doing it directly. It seems to be safe on the lowest setting. It’s really stubborn though. These were really sharp creases from being folded into the shipping envelope, and it took a while of ironing each area under a lot of pressure before they started fading. They’re still visible if you look hard enough for them, and they’re still pretty obvious on the white parts around the illustration, but the printed part looks better than it did.
    I've had that experience with polyester bedsheets that had been in storage a long time -- similar story of using the lowest setting and really giving my arms a workout, and similar story of "ghost" creases still being visible.

Cotton creases easily, but you can get the creases out just as simply - synthetic stuff doesn't crease as easy, but once the creases get in, boy, it's a battle getting them out :P
  • 5 replies
  • Join the club to join the discussion.