Nendo LoversNendoroid Stability

• Impori
    ImporiRegular Boarder • lv5
    Offline4 replies
    15 days ago • Updated 15 days ago
    Heyo there!

I Recently Ordered A Nendoroid Yukari Akiyama, Hoping To Use Her As A New Subject For My Photos. I Bought Her From This: www.amazon.com/... Seller On Amazon. But That's Beside The Point. As I Want To Use Her For Photos (Around My Hometown) Does Anyone Know If They Can Stand Without Their Clear Plastic Base, Or Will I Have To Edit The Photo?

Thanks!

-Impori
    "Panzer Vor!!"-Yukari Akiyama
  • monkseal
    monksealRegular Boarder • lv6
    Offline60 replies
    15 days ago
    I don't have this exact Nendoroid, but I have quite a few others. Generally, it is possible to make a Nendo stand with only the support arm of the base and without the big square part. It may be a bit tricky to balance and won't work with every pose, but it can be done. There are also these things that should probably give a bit more stability compared to just using the support arm of the base, but I haven't used them myself, so not sure if they're worth the money or not. Without any support at all, though, it's a no. Their heads are too heavy for their two tiny legs, you'll need to add something else.
  • Impori
    ImporiRegular Boarder • lv5
    Offline4 replies
    15 days ago • Updated 15 days ago
    Sorry! I Misclicked!
    "Panzer Vor!!"-Yukari Akiyama
  • TheBigTog
    TheBigTogRegular Boarder • lv14
    Offline1 reply
    15 days ago
    Impori15 days ago#96215118As I Want To Use Her For Photos (Around My Hometown) Does Anyone Know If They Can Stand Without Their Clear Plastic Base, Or Will I Have To Edit The Photo?
    Thanks!
    -Impori

I only joined the club so I could reply. But...

You could use short pieces of thin bendable wire in conjunction with mounting putty or fun-tak to rig up a figure support instead of using the base. You could easily hide the support behind the figure and/or photoshop it out without too much hassle.
  • Join the club to join the discussion.
  • 4 replies