Seishoujo FTWClosed GAME Physical copy or digital?

• RockGodItachi
    RockGodItachiModerator • lv30
    Offline112 replies

Which copy of Closed GAME will you be buying?

20%Physical
    80%Digital
    5 votesVotes are public
    3 months ago
    Closed GAME Physical or digital?

With the exciting news that Closed GAME is now officially available in the west the big question is which version will you guys be going for? The digital or the physical?

https://megumi.b-cdn.net/media/catalog/product/cache/2/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/J/A/JAST032CE.jpg

The physical is $149.99 (without shipping) is it actually worth it? In my mind I hope people buy it to support Sei and help push JASTUSA to bring more Sei games to the west but I feel for that kind of money it feels a bit too much for what we are getting. The only real thing of value is the game itself, the tin and the OST. The other things are bonus items which aren't all that exciting really and probably don't cost that much to produce. If you look at the price of the digital version which is currently £22.27 with 10% off, so the normal price is £24.74 and if you factor in the price of the OST which would be around £20.00 you really are paying for mainly the tin which is metal. So which version will you guys be buying? I'm going for the digital although there is a part of me that is considering the physical even though I'm not a big fan of what it comes with apart from the OST.
  • Doboy
    DoboyAnimated Chicks FTWRegular Boarder • lv17
    Offline3 replies
    3 months ago • Updated 3 months ago
    RockGodItachi3 months ago#97463772Closed GAME Physical or digital?
    With the exciting news that Closed GAME is now officially available in the west the big question is which version will you guys be going for? The digital or the physical?
    https://megumi.b-cdn.net/media/catalog/product/cache/2/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/J/A/JAST032CE.jpg
    The physical is $149.99 (without shipping) is it actually worth it? In my mind I hope people buy it to support Sei and help push JASTUSA to bring more Sei games to the west but I feel for that kind of money it feels a bit too much for what we are getting. The only real thing of value is the game itself, the tin and the OST. The other things are bonus items which aren't all that exciting really and probably don't cost that much to produce. If you look at the price of the digital version which is currently £22.27 with 10% off, so the normal price is £24.74 and if you factor in the price of the OST which would be around £20.00 you really are paying for mainly the tin which is metal. So which version will you guys be buying? I'm going for the digital although there is a part of me that is considering the physical even though I'm not a big fan of what it comes with apart from the OST.
    I am going to be getting the digital version when I get the chance. I had every intention of getting the physical version, up until I actually seen what it was! I am very disappointed in what they chose to do. I was expecting a nice box adorned with illustrations to house the DVD and a small artbook...you know kinda like how they did for Starless. I love my physical copy of that game, very nice to look at and makes a nice visual display. Where as Closed Game has an oversized tin can of a box which has no sexy girls on it. The DVD itself comes in what seems to be a paper sleeve and no artbook, instead just some other pointless stuff. Like you said, I hope people buy it up.That way they keep doing releases down the road, but I just can't myself with what they chose to put out. Very much looking forward to the game itself though!
  • RockGodItachi
    RockGodItachiModerator • lv30
    Offline112 replies
    3 months ago
    Doboy3 months ago#97972250I am going to be getting the digital version when I get the chance. I had every intention of getting the physical version, up until I actually seen what it was! I am very disappointed in what they chose to do. I was expecting a nice box adorned with illustrations to house the DVD and a small artbook...you know kinda like how they did for Starless. I love my physical copy of that game, very nice to look at and makes a nice visual display. Where as Closed Game has an oversized tin can of a box which has no sexy girls on it. The DVD itself comes in what seems to be a paper sleeve and no artbook, instead just some other pointless stuff. Like you said, I hope people buy it up.That way they keep doing releases down the road, but I just can't myself with what they chose to put out. Very much looking forward to the game itself though!

Same, I'll probably pick it up after June as I have a hefty AmiAmi order to pay out for.
    Again same but when I saw it, I was like what WTF!? I too was expecting something similar to Starless with an art book and proper disc holders. The OST is a bonus which I was happy to see but the poster is boring and the paper dice is just rubbish. As for the box it's oversized and will look shit on the shelf, so not worth investing in. Honestly if I was doing this addition I would have done plastic cases for the game disc and OST with artwork on both housed in a rigid box like Starless had again with art work on it. The extras would be an uncensored artbook, flip able post cards with telephone card illustrations full color and line art. Small poster of the main game illustration, a special telephone card, the dog tags, key ring with logo and an acrylic stand figure. Now if they had done that I would have been all over it! lol I do hope people buy it though, as we need more Sei games in the west. I'm still confused why Lewdness hasn't been brought over as compared to Starless and Closed GAME it's tame in comparison! Me too! I'll let you know what i think when I play it. Let us know your thoughts as well in a PM. :)
  • Join the club to join the discussion.
  • 3 replies
Europe's friend for everything manga, anime and related merchandise!

Seishoujo FTW2