Friends club!Hobbies?

• hooshorn
    hooshornRegular Boarder • lv6
    Offline48 replies
    12 days ago
    What other hobbies and interests are y'all into?
  • IshikuNanami
    IshikuNanamiRegular Boarder • lv13
    Offline115 replies
    12 days ago
    Aside from collecting, I also really enjoy drawing, playing video games (mainly games like NieR, kingdom Hearts, and Final Fantasy), and reading!
  • ManofCulture
    ManofCultureRegular Boarder • lv11
    Offline43 replies
    11 days ago
    I like completely putting off shows everyone always talks about and then going on week long binges just going through them once they have numerous seasons. Stuff like Dexter, the Office, Walking Dead, Black Mirror, Cobra Kai, The Boys, etc.

Drawing, but I haven’t done that recently, should probably get on that. Video games are the cause of this.

Oh and taking hour long walks/jogs around the park in front of my house every other afternoon while listening to music. It’s a total vibe with the sunset and being all alone in there unless my siblings or friends join me. Well it was a total vibe up until last month when I stayed out till the stars came out and ran into a group of wild hogs crossing the park. It’s Texas out here. Apparently those things can kill and eat a man so I’ve been more iffy on doing it as much, good way to stay in shape though...
  • Stereoman
    StereomanRegular Boarder • lv14
    Offline69 replies
    11 days ago
    Other collecting-related franchises: Tim Burton films (mainly Edward Scissorhands, The Nightmare Before Christmas, and Beetlejuice), Moomin, and Disney.

Hobbies that are unrelated to collecting: Building with LEGO, painting, photography (been a freelance photographer for more than 10 years), playing video games, doing makeup and dressing up for fun goth photos, going on walks in the forest, stargazing, poking cats and alpacas, and cooking/baking.

What about you?
  • cathrel
    cathrelRegular Boarder • lv15
    Offline23 replies
    11 days ago
    Drawing, reading comic books/ya novels/manga and playing video games for me! :D
  • Loria
    LoriaVery Important Boarder • lv23
    Offline30 replies
    11 days ago
    Watching anime, updating MFC database, and browsing interesting facts.
    Also love doing puzzles
  • CrimsonVelvet
    CrimsonVelvetRegular Boarder • lv7
    Offline75 replies
    10 days ago • Updated 10 days ago
    Videogames, researching about headphones Im not able to afford, *learning digital drawing* (wish I could draw as my pf one day) and reading.
  • wickedlia
    wickedliaRegular Boarder • lv5
    Offline5 replies
    10 days ago
    I do harness racing & horseback riding, dancing and other exercise stuff, different crafts & art projects and play illegal amounts of League of Legends (and tiny bit of Gw2) :'D

Overall, I like to try out new stuff, but I lose interest towards things really easily. That's why my hobbies partially change kinda based on how I am feeling. All of those hobbies I listed never change though, I don't have anything extra going on atm :'D

I wish I could get super into some other game, but nothing I have tried has been better than LoL... I like the game but they player base is tragic.
  • IshikuNanami
    IshikuNanamiRegular Boarder • lv13
    Offline115 replies
    10 days ago
    wickedlia10 days ago#101318694I do harness racing & horseback riding, dancing and other exercise stuff, different crafts & art projects and play illegal amounts of League of Legends (and tiny bit of Gw2) :'D
    Overall, I like to try out new stuff, but I lose interest towards things really easily. That's why my hobbies partially change kinda based on how I am feeling. All of those hobbies I listed never change though, I don't have anything extra going on atm :'D
    I wish I could get super into some other game, but nothing I have tried has been better than LoL... I like the game but they player base is tragic.
    Oh that's sick! I've always wanted to do horse back riding! Hey, LoL is sick XD I think you have just yet to find the RIGHT hobby! Writing and Art are easily my favorites! I've been doing art for almost 5 years now, yet writing is a new one I've only been doing for a couple of months! If you're looking for a game to get sucked into, I suggest (you can probably already tell by my pfp) NieR Automata or NieR Replicant! They both have stories that get you sucked into it and their gameplay is really fun! It's the same with the Kingdom Hearts series or Final Fantasy VII, XIII, and XV!
  • wickedlia
    wickedliaRegular Boarder • lv5
    Offline5 replies
    10 days ago
    IshikuNanami10 days ago#101318804Oh that's sick! I've always wanted to do horse back riding! Hey, LoL is sick XD I think you have just yet to find the RIGHT hobby! Writing and Art are easily my favorites! I've been doing art for almost 5 years now, yet writing is a new one I've only been doing for a couple of months! If you're looking for a game to get sucked into, I suggest (you can probably already tell by my pfp) NieR Automata or NieR Replicant! They both have stories that get you sucked into it and their gameplay is really fun! It's the same with the Kingdom Hearts series or Final Fantasy VII, XIII, and XV!If you ever get a chance to try out riding, I highly suggest it :D Horses are super nice animals! Straight up my faves *-*

I could try out one of the jrpg games eventually if steam will have some nice sales later this year :p They look kinda cool, but also a bit pricey in case I wouldn't end up playing those that much.
    Gaming is my only "social" hobby so I haven't been playing much single player games :'D & I'm usually always playing some sort of a support character 'cause I wanna help people xD
  • astia_
    astia_Regular Boarder • lv4
    Offline5 replies
    10 days ago
    ManofCulture11 days ago#101269704I like completely putting off shows everyone always talks about and then going on week long binges just going through them once they have numerous seasons. Stuff like Dexter, the Office, Walking Dead, Black Mirror, Cobra Kai, The Boys, etc.

Super relatable. I much prefer binging a show then waiting weekly for a new episode. I often put off seasonal anime for this exact reason!
  • TinySeal
    TinySealRegular Boarder • lv7
    Offline9 replies
    10 days ago
    Computer games* and cosplay.

I started playing, when I was seven and never stopped. As a child I most interest in strategy and simulation games and these days I enjoy RPGs the most. I currently binge-play Swtor.

Gameing is also what led me to cosplay. I had originally assumed its just what the "hardcore anime fans" do at anime conventions, until I went to a gameing convention in 2013 and saw so many people cosplay from the games I loved. It looked like fun, so I made my first own costume in 2014.
    But I'm a scared procastinator and take a looong time to finish anything. The pandemic hasn't helped either, as it got really difficult to stay motivated to get something done, as there hasn't been a deadline in two years now. Thats probably the cataclyst that really got my into figure collecting, as I hadn't spend any money on conventions or materials in such a long time and nothing to do. The brain hungers for dopamine and such.

*(I specifically call it computer games, because I never owned a console in my life)
  • ManofCulture
    ManofCultureRegular Boarder • lv11
    Offline43 replies
    10 days ago
    astia_10 days ago#101319179Super relatable. I much prefer binging a show then waiting weekly for a new episode. I often put off seasonal anime for this exact reason!

The risk you run from doing that is you may just end up forgetting about the season/show and when you do remember it, you realize you don’t really feel like watching it at this time and never get around to it. That happened with me and My Hero Aca where I waited for season 3 to finish, but to this day I still haven’t caught up. Think they’re on like season 6 now too. XD

Ooh Highschool DxD is another example, they released season 4 years ago and I still haven’t gotten around to it cause “meh.”
  • Jo_de_la_Jojo
    Jo_de_la_JojoRegular Boarder • lv6
    Offline14 replies
    9 days ago
    I really like to knit, like doing little plushies and clothes for my dogs and the other stuff is the usual, anime, manga, tv shows and reading. I also enjoy drawing and painting but I'm not very good at it. Sometimes the inner dad in me awakes and wants to build a new shelf for my room lol.
  • WhoBeDaPlaya
    WhoBeDaPlayaRegular Boarder • lv16
    Offline31 replies
    9 days ago • Updated 9 days ago
    JPop (started in the 80s with Chage & Aska), fansubbing (~early 2000s), gaming, computers (C64, VIC20, Amiga, XT/AT, etc.), and a bit of cars (nothing crazy)
  • astia_
    astia_Regular Boarder • lv4
    Offline5 replies
    9 days ago
    ManofCulture10 days ago#101358590The risk you run from doing that is you may just end up forgetting about the season/show and when you do remember it, you realize you don’t really feel like watching it at this time and never get around to it. That happened with me and My Hero Aca where I waited for season 3 to finish, but to this day I still haven’t caught up. Think they’re on like season 6 now too. XD
    Ooh Highschool DxD is another example, they released season 4 years ago and I still haven’t gotten around to it cause “meh.”

Yeah so true!
  • Join the club to join the discussion.
  • 16 replies