Indonesian CollectorWhere do you usually buy figures?

• corntemplation
    corntemplationRegular Boarder • lv4
    Offline1 reply
    14 days ago
    Hi I'm pretty new to this figure collecting.

Where do you usually buy figures for a good price?

Do you usually buy second hand?
  • HarusaMai
    HarusaMaiRegular Boarder • lv6
    Offline1 reply
    8 days ago
    corntemplation14 days ago#102339606Hi I'm pretty new to this figure collecting.
    Where do you usually buy figures for a good price?
    Do you usually buy second hand?

I prefer to buy the "ready stock" one, so I usually buy figures from marketplace, like Tokopedia/Shopee.. But it's kinda risky coz there are a lot of bootlegs there... So if you want to buy from marketplace like them, make sure you buy it from a trustable shop.

Well sometimes I also pre-ordered figures from Kyou.id and Shumi.shop, they do a lot of open pre-order but you need to wait for months.

Personally I am okay with buying second hand figures as long as they're in good condition, so I usually ask for real photos of the figures before I order it. oh and they usually have lower price tho XD
  • Xanthosen
    XanthosenRegular Boarder • lv5
    Offline1 reply
    8 days ago
    If I am buying a high priority figure from my personal list, I would usually pre-order them from Tokyo Otaku Mode since I have been using it for quite a while now. I know that there will be taxes and duties as buying from them is essentially importing from JP. However, it gives me reassurance to be able to track the shipment myself, instead of hearing excuses from a certain customer service representative from a certain retailer. Then again, I have pre-ordered and bought several figures from retailers within the local marketplace, folks from Topped are the ones I trust most. Given that they have high ratings that is. For instance, ITEM #846060 . I had to resort to locals since TOM does not that ship to Indo. While other websites such as amiami or HLJ do ship which sometimes makes me wonder.

Otherwise, if it is a lower priority figure, I do not mind getting a second hand one from locals. I do have a genuine figure only rule though. Bootlegs would never look good IMO.
  • Join the club to join the discussion.
  • 3 replies