- atunafish • • Regular Boarder • lv11#129 days agoTLDR: Admin thinking of doing a Club refresh to keep information up-to-date and relevant. And I need your help. Any inputs or suggestions would be much appreciated. Let's make this place better, together! :)
For the long form, please continue reading.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Hello, atunafish here, one of the club admins.
The figure scene has changed a lot since the club was last active. Also, the pandemic happened and it, along with an avalanche of acronyms, hit us like a truck. Damn you CB (circuit breaker :) ), damn you.
There are now many new businesses and stores, such as Hakken! by Muse Asia, Anime Festival Asia's own online shop and countless others selling goods online. Meanwhile, a good number of shops from our "Where do you get loot from?" thread (thread/11410) have gone under or MIA-ed. Looking back, the lists were often also a mix of official distributors and parallel importers, with no clear distinction between the two categories.
There has also been a meteoric rise in popularity for unlicensed figures, statues and resin kits in recent times.
So with these things in mind, amongst any others, I would like to hit F4 to refresh this page and update it with newer information. And finally add a Event Calendar thread when local events can start happening again.... T_T ... But I digress.
While I have my own ideas, I would like to keep the information here relevant for YOU, our members here. So please do share your thoughts below, if any.
To get the discussion going,
1) What threads, or information do you want to see? Or any questions you want answered?
Except the topic of changes in Singapore's GST and importation fees. I'll get to it when it's less confusing.
2) Official Distributors VS Parallel Importers.
Does this difference matter to you when choosing a place to purchase from?
3) Licensed VS Unlicensed
Would you want a store which would sell a mix of licensed and unlicensed goods listed in here? (Personally, I'm leaning towards a STRONG NO to anyone selling only unlicensed goods.)
4) Gunpla and Hobby tool stores
Would this be something you would be interested in? I have to admit though, I don't know much about Gunpla.
Thank you for reading and I look forward to your comments! ^^
- V3rmouth • • Regular Boarder • lv4#225 days ago • Updated 25 days agoI would love to know where everybody is getting their figures from, it doesn't matter where, so I can find the cheapest option because this hobby is making me broke as hell and maybe unique steals or deals from a certain place you found
- Desso • • Regular Boarder • lv7#34 days ago • Updated 4 days agoI'd definitely want an updated list on local options. Are we allowed to link stores that are involved with unlicensed goods? I wouldn't want this group to go under because of that. Thank you for the good work that you do!
- 3 replies