- zinv295 • • Regular Boarder • lv13#29 years agoSaw Phantom of Inferno (Hirameki DVD) on a local dvd rental shop and was curious so I rented it. The concept was new to me but I couldnt put the damn thing down. One of the few VN's I played that I didn't use a walkthrough, but getting all the endings and seeing Ein's smiling face at the end was worth it.
Bought and played Desire, Divi-dead, and Kana ~Imouto~ soon after.
- Hiwa • • Regular Boarder • lv10#39 years agoI thought it was Chaos;Head at first.. but when I was small, I've read this title from renai -> "Princess of Fire" well..one of those renpy generated vn, so, I guess that one was the first
- Matteas • • Regular Boarder • lv15#49 years agoI'm kind of surprised right now, because I'm not really sure what my first VN was. I think it might have been Planetarian. If not, then it was One ~Kagayaku Kisetsu he~.
I love anime based on visual novels by KEY and that's why I decided to play/read Planetarian. Plus, I heard a lot of praise on it so I was sure it would be good and I was right on. I'd love to see a Planetarian OVA made by KyoAni.
- Miss_Ao • • Regular Boarder • lv13#59 years agoI think it was True Tears. I liked the art so I tried it.
- De-JaY • Teitoku • Administrator • lv29#6
- moetwinstyle • • Regular Boarder • lv10#79 years ago • Updated 9 years agoHmmm... my first visual novel is kind of a hard one. I guess it would be ToHeart, technically. (v´▽`)v
My sister and I (sadly) found out about visual novels through flash "sim dating" games online.(｡＿ _); Looking for more of these games, we learned about "visual novels" and that one of the most famous games ToHeart. We later found the first volume of manga published by ADV, and when we read it we were both hooked! We later learned more about Leaf's games and other VNs and was addicted.(★*U∀Up)♪+ﾟ
I think it was 3 or 4 years after when we had finally played ToHeart for the first time (I wanted to actually buy a copy of it), but we played games like Planeterian and VNs ported to PS2 like Shuffle! and Popotan before it. (ﾉ*ﾟｰﾟ)ﾉ
We're definitely never going to stop playing visual novels and eroge ever! ( ≥∇≤)／□☆□＼(≥∇≤ )
- EcchiLetch • • Regular Boarder • lv8#88 years agoThe first VN I played was Three Sisters Story. Even to this day it holds a special place in my heart. The story and graphics were simplisitc but effective. I recently bought the JAST Collection which has Three Sister Story, Season of Sakura and Runaway City. Three classics imo.
- otaku-cupcake • Megley (◡‿◡✿) • Regular Boarder • lv16#98 years agoI just recently got into visual novels. My first was Little Busters! So far,it's my favorite as well.
- -OJ- • • Regular Boarder • lv28#10
- Raiakngiht • • Regular Boarder • lv10#118 years agoThe first Visual Novel I played was True Love ~Jun'ai Monogatari~. I just happened across it a number of years ago, and thought I'd give it a shot. I haven't played any Visual Novels since, but I've been meaning to get a few recently."When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat. Would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast & righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?"~Lelouch Lamperouge
- itsame00 • • Regular Boarder • lv17#128 years agoThe very first VN I played is G-Senjou no Maou. And it was awesome! Its also the only one that i have 100% completed :D
The others just bore me -.-
- alamarco • • Regular Boarder • lv17#138 years agoMy first visual novel was Fate/stay night.
After watching the anime I feel in love with the universe and searched for everything I could find about it. After finding out it was adapted from a visual novel I quickly went to play it, without realizing what a visual novel entailed. I had no idea about visual novels and how they had hentai scenes. I didn't mind though and was just surprised.
- Shinigamiyoko • heart reinforce • Regular Boarder • lv16#148 years agoFirst was Ever17 ~the out of infinity~, through Hirameki's US release.
Beautiful story, music, voice acting, and art. It's probably still my favorite, even after all these years.
- magicalgirlj • • Regular Boarder • lv12#157 years agoEver 17, it was amazing an epic masterpiece
I also rember playing a bunch of dating sims on Newgrounds not realizing they were VN's before
- chobittsu • • Regular Boarder • lv25#167 years agoAstraythem (アステリズム) was my first VN. It is an eroge, but with a mostly one-path approach; to compensate, the story is extensive and divided into 3 chapters. A cleverly constructed story involving time travel and all the pitfalls that come with that including parallel worlds. Great BGMs and voice acting and nice character designs. I've played it twice now and it still as powerful!My sales: sales.php?mode=...
- Goge • • Regular Boarder • lv19#177 years ago"Ayanami Ikusei Keikaku with Asuka Hokan Keikaku" for NDS
Quite nice mix of "Princess maker" like game, with Visual Novel. You are looking after Rei/Asuka. You help them in training, go out with them, go to cinema/park, do shopping etc. It follows NGE TV storyline and a bit of End of Eva. It has humongous amount of different events and endings.
Quite nice game.
- ghirahim • Needs more Kyouko • Regular Boarder • lv25#187 years agoI think the first VN I played was Clannad...but I still haven't finished it. (It just stopped working on my computer for some reason, then started working again recently |:)
The first one I finished was probably Little Busters!
- Orokana-Dansei • • Regular Boarder • lv7#197 years agoClannad, but I didn't finish it.
First VN I finished was Majikoi (Yukie Route)
I was watching clannad then I did some research on what it was based on, and that's how I started playing VNs. XD
- Daipyon • Erina is my waifu! • Regular Boarder • lv21#207 years agoLittle Busters Ecstasy I guess ^^ It was a lot of fun to play :)
- 39 replies