Visual Novel FanclubThe first VN you've played?

• Nozomi
    NozomiRegular Boarder • lv14
    Offline241 replies
    10 years ago
    What was the first Visual Novel you've played and why exactly that one? Would you play it again?/Did you liked it?
  • zinv295
    zinv295Regular Boarder • lv14
    Offline372 replies
    10 years ago
    Saw Phantom of Inferno (Hirameki DVD) on a local dvd rental shop and was curious so I rented it. The concept was new to me but I couldnt put the damn thing down. One of the few VN's I played that I didn't use a walkthrough, but getting all the endings and seeing Ein's smiling face at the end was worth it.

Bought and played Desire, Divi-dead, and Kana ~Imouto~ soon after.
    The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously. El Psy Congroo!

http://myfigurecollection.net/profile/zinv295/sign.png
  • Hiwa
    HiwaRegular Boarder • lv10
    Offline5 replies
    10 years ago
    I thought it was Chaos;Head at first.. but when I was small, I've read this title from renai -> "Princess of Fire" well..one of those renpy generated vn, so, I guess that one was the first
  • Matteas
    MatteasRegular Boarder • lv15
    Offline129 replies
    10 years ago
    I'm kind of surprised right now, because I'm not really sure what my first VN was. I think it might have been Planetarian. If not, then it was One ~Kagayaku Kisetsu he~.

I love anime based on visual novels by KEY and that's why I decided to play/read Planetarian. Plus, I heard a lot of praise on it so I was sure it would be good and I was right on. I'd love to see a Planetarian OVA made by KyoAni.
  • Miss_Ao
    Miss_AoRegular Boarder • lv13
    Offline35 replies
    10 years ago
    I think it was True Tears. I liked the art so I tried it.
  • De-JaY
    De-JaYTeitokuAdministrator • lv30
    Offline1,260 replies
    10 years ago
    My first one was Evangelion Koutetsu no Girlfriend
    http://dejay.iplanet.at/Yuuko%20Sig%202.png
    Die Glocke, sie ertönt. Bis in die unendliche Zukunft. Fliege hoch, hoch in den Himmel. Auch wenn du keine Flügel hast.
  • moetwinstyle
    moetwinstyleRegular Boarder • lv10
    Offline11 replies
    10 years ago • Updated 10 years ago
    Hmmm... my first visual novel is kind of a hard one. I guess it would be ToHeart, technically. (v´▽`)v

My sister and I (sadly) found out about visual novels through flash "sim dating" games online.(。_ _); Looking for more of these games, we learned about "visual novels" and that one of the most famous games ToHeart. We later found the first volume of manga published by ADV, and when we read it we were both hooked! We later learned more about Leaf's games and other VNs and was addicted.(★*U∀Up)♪+゚

I think it was 3 or 4 years after when we had finally played ToHeart for the first time (I wanted to actually buy a copy of it), but we played games like Planeterian and VNs ported to PS2 like Shuffle! and Popotan before it. (ノ*゚ー゚)ノ

We're definitely never going to stop playing visual novels and eroge ever! ( ≥∇≤)/□☆□\(≥∇≤ )
  • EcchiLetch
    EcchiLetchRegular Boarder • lv9
    Offline3 replies
    9 years ago
    The first VN I played was Three Sisters Story. Even to this day it holds a special place in my heart. The story and graphics were simplisitc but effective. I recently bought the JAST Collection which has Three Sister Story, Season of Sakura and Runaway City. Three classics imo.
  • otaku-cupcake
    otaku-cupcakeMegley (◡‿◡✿)Regular Boarder • lv16
    Offline40 replies
    9 years ago
    I just recently got into visual novels. My first was Little Busters! So far,it's my favorite as well.
  • -OJ-
    -OJ-Regular Boarder • lv28
    Offline1,431 replies
    9 years ago
    Crescendo
    It's a very short gothic shoujo romance and not too imaginative either but it was nice.
    https://abload.de/img/grisaia-beach-sign770r6syn.jpg
  • Raiakngiht
    RaiakngihtRegular Boarder • lv10
    Offline30 replies
    9 years ago
    The first Visual Novel I played was True Love ~Jun'ai Monogatari~. I just happened across it a number of years ago, and thought I'd give it a shot. I haven't played any Visual Novels since, but I've been meaning to get a few recently.
    "When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat. Would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast & righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?"~Lelouch Lamperouge
    http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/t451/Raiaknight/RaiaknightSiggy2-1.jpg
  • itsame00
    itsame00Regular Boarder • lv17
    Offline199 replies
    9 years ago
    The very first VN I played is G-Senjou no Maou. And it was awesome! Its also the only one that i have 100% completed :D
    The others just bore me -.-
  • alamarco
    alamarcoRegular Boarder • lv17
    Offline292 replies
    9 years ago
    My first visual novel was Fate/stay night.

After watching the anime I feel in love with the universe and searched for everything I could find about it. After finding out it was adapted from a visual novel I quickly went to play it, without realizing what a visual novel entailed. I had no idea about visual novels and how they had hentai scenes. I didn't mind though and was just surprised.
    http://myfigurecollection.net/profile/alamarco/sign.png
  • Shinigamiyoko
    Shinigamiyokoheart reinforceRegular Boarder • lv16
    Offline345 replies
    9 years ago
    First was Ever17 ~the out of infinity~, through Hirameki's US release.

Beautiful story, music, voice acting, and art. It's probably still my favorite, even after all these years.
  • magicalgirlj
    magicalgirljRegular Boarder • lv12
    Offline11 replies
    8 years ago
    Ever 17, it was amazing an epic masterpiece
    I also rember playing a bunch of dating sims on Newgrounds not realizing they were VN's before
  • chobittsu
    chobittsuRegular Boarder • lv25
    Offline89 replies
    8 years ago
    Astraythem (アステリズム) was my first VN. It is an eroge, but with a mostly one-path approach; to compensate, the story is extensive and divided into 3 chapters. A cleverly constructed story involving time travel and all the pitfalls that come with that including parallel worlds. Great BGMs and voice acting and nice character designs. I've played it twice now and it still as powerful!
  • Goge
    GogeRegular Boarder • lv19
    Offline157 replies
    8 years ago
    "Ayanami Ikusei Keikaku with Asuka Hokan Keikaku" for NDS
    Quite nice mix of "Princess maker" like game, with Visual Novel. You are looking after Rei/Asuka. You help them in training, go out with them, go to cinema/park, do shopping etc. It follows NGE TV storyline and a bit of End of Eva. It has humongous amount of different events and endings.
    Quite nice game.
  • ghirahim
    ghirahimNeeds more KyoukoRegular Boarder • lv25
    Offline506 replies
    8 years ago
    I think the first VN I played was Clannad...but I still haven't finished it. (It just stopped working on my computer for some reason, then started working again recently |:)
    The first one I finished was probably Little Busters!
  • Orokana-Dansei
    Orokana-DanseiRegular Boarder • lv7
    Offline3 replies
    8 years ago
    Clannad, but I didn't finish it.
    First VN I finished was Majikoi (Yukie Route)
    I was watching clannad then I did some research on what it was based on, and that's how I started playing VNs. XD
  • Daipyon
    DaipyonErina is my waifu!Regular Boarder • lv21
    Offline6 replies
    8 years ago
    Little Busters Ecstasy I guess ^^ It was a lot of fun to play :)
  • Join the club to join the discussion.
  • 41 replies
Premium Figure Imports

Visual Novel Fanclub4