ilomilo
    Omega Five
  • ReyhipRegular Boarder
    Reyhip
    • No
    • 6 years ago
    • USA
    6 years ago
    Lego Star Wars. DON"T flame me on this, I just found it boring. Love Star Wars but this, meh.

Ghost Recon Advance Warfare - Could barely get into it

Dead Rising - I had fun, but the forced story was un-needed. I just want to run around killing zombies.
  • Zukin-ManRegular Boarder
    Zukin-Man
    • No
    • 7 years ago
    • The Place To Be
    6 years ago • Updated 6 years ago
    Battlefield: Bad Company - When I saw the commercials for this game, it looked like they were trying to sell it as a comical game. There were all kinds of humorous things like characters wise-cracking and smart-assing and whatnot, and I distinctly remember seeing the main characters trying to get away from a bombing (or mortaring or something) by escaping in a golf cart. Upon playing it, however, I noticed that the game was much less humorous than the commercials led me to believe. I played through the first couple of levels and maybe smirked once. I didn't get the comedy game I paid money for.

Street Fighter IV - I can hear people getting pissed off at me for this one. I remember I started with one run through Arcade Mode with Crimson Viper as my first character. It wasn't bad at first, I was doing okay for someone who hadn't touched a Street Fighter game in forever. However, I started to question the game's hit detection when I used Viper's Ultra (which starts with a large ground explosion) and not once, but twice managed to leave Rufus (morbidly obese blimp of a man) completely unscathed while he proceeded to punish me for foolishly thinking that explosions hurt. It got worse once I got to Seth (absurdly cheap final boss), though. I spent about forty-five minutes making futile attempts to win even one round before it dawned on me: "I am not having fun. I've been playing for about an hour, and there has been no fun on my end of the controller. Nothing about this experience has been enjoyable."

MaruhigeScott Pilgrim

Okay, I have to ask: Why?
  • MaruhigeThe Apocalypse QueenRegular Boarder
    Maruhige
    • No
    • 6 years ago
    Zukin-ManMaruhigeScott Pilgrim

Okay, I have to ask: Why?

No online co-op and bought it for that purpose. I guess I can't judge it for that alone.
  • cressdxRegular Boarder
    cressdx
    • No
    • 8 years ago
    • Sweden, Stockholm
    6 years ago
    Alone in the dark.. that game sucked so hard U.U
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g152/CressDX/1010101735714af28f25f7a345.gif http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/CressDX.png
    Sakura Haruno My Waifu 4 Ever! <3
    Maruhige
    • No
    • 6 years ago
    6 years ago
    cressdxAlone in the dark.. that game sucked so hard U.U
    Just bought that for $6. Though I love low budget games. I bet I'll probably like it.
  • AtomskRegular Boarder
    Atomsk
    • No
    • 6 years ago
    6 years ago
    Scott pilgrim because coop isnt online.

Swarm because its hard and not as fun as expected -.-.
    http://imageshack.us/m/846/3792/smaller14f254f0dd1952e9.jpg
    Maruhige
    • No
    • 6 years ago
    Atomsk
    Swarm because its hard and not as fun as expected -.-.

Agreed. I like a challenge but flat out repeated frustration is anything but fun.
  • AschsStalkerRegular Boarder
    AschsStalker
    • No
    • 7 years ago
    6 years ago
    Anything with the name Call of Duty
    Maruhige
    • No
    • 6 years ago
    AschsStalkerAnything with the name Call of Duty
    Mind if I ask why? I enjoy the CoD games for their story, especially MW. I didn't like Black Ops much. As for multiplayer, I'm the usual victim of being a "girl on xbox".

EDIT: Ok Scott Pilgrim is fun, scratch that from the regret list.
    AschsStalker
    • No
    • 7 years ago
    6 years ago
    MaruhigeAschsStalkerAnything with the name Call of Duty
    Mind if I ask why? I enjoy the CoD games for their story, especially MW. I didn't like Black Ops much. As for multiplayer, I'm the usual victim of being a "girl on xbox".

EDIT: Ok Scott Pilgram is fun, scratch that from the regret list.

The realistic wargame bullshit and the typical multiplayer bs that happens on CoD. I mean, CoD's story is a rather Meh story after being a frequenter of FPS/FPSrpg campaigns like Fallout, Halo, and Half Life and hell even Left4Dead's "Story" beats it (and by story, I mean the AI director trolling to high hell). I just generally think that CoD is a sorry excuse for an FPS, though notably for the multiplayer. The whole idea of CoD is to rank up and get better guns, which of course every 13 year old that plays it uses this overpowered shit. It becomes easily stale. I realize everyone says it's "better than Halo," but in all honesty I prefer games like Halo for multiplayer because you start out all the same and rely on skill rather than rocket launchers.

Though I'll give, the one thing that CoD did right was the whole Zombies mode. Zombies was fun, but aside from that, most of it is endless misses.

BTW, don't become a victim to the whole "Girl on Xbox" thing :c It's awful. Then again it's a bit worse on CoD than it is on Halo now but back in the days of H2 everything was "THIS IS A MAN'S GAME BITCH." P: As if that could keep them from getting their asses handed to them. Also obsessive practice makes perfect?
    Maruhige
    • No
    • 6 years ago
    6 years ago
    AschsStalkerThe realistic wargame bullshit and the typical multiplayer bs that happens on CoD. I mean, CoD's story is a rather Meh story after being a frequenter of FPS/FPSrpg campaigns like Fallout, Halo, and Half Life and hell even Left4Dead's "Story" beats it (and by story, I mean the AI director trolling to high hell). I just generally think that CoD is a sorry excuse for an FPS, though notably for the multiplayer. The whole idea of CoD is to rank up and get better guns, which of course every 13 year old that plays it uses this overpowered shit. It becomes easily stale. I realize everyone says it's "better than Halo," but in all honesty I prefer games like Halo for multiplayer because you start out all the same and rely on skill rather than rocket launchers.

Though I'll give, the one thing that CoD did right was the whole Zombies mode. Zombies was fun, but aside from that, most of it is endless misses.

BTW, don't become a victim to the whole "Girl on Xbox" thing :c It's awful. Then again it's a bit worse on CoD than it is on Halo now but back in the days of H2 everything was "THIS IS A MAN'S GAME BITCH." P: As if that could keep them from getting their asses handed to them. Also obsessive practice makes perfect?

Unfortunately the whole mockery of girls in multiplayer is what stopped me from being social or talking to anyone I don't know on xbox. So I either make a party with just me and invite only or simply don't play multiplayer. Not a fan of multiplayer achievements anyway so that helps.

I have yet to play Halo but I do own Reach, 3 and ODST.
    AschsStalker
    • No
    • 7 years ago
    6 years ago
    MaruhigeAschsStalkerThe realistic wargame bullshit and the typical multiplayer bs that happens on CoD. I mean, CoD's story is a rather Meh story after being a frequenter of FPS/FPSrpg campaigns like Fallout, Halo, and Half Life and hell even Left4Dead's "Story" beats it (and by story, I mean the AI director trolling to high hell). I just generally think that CoD is a sorry excuse for an FPS, though notably for the multiplayer. The whole idea of CoD is to rank up and get better guns, which of course every 13 year old that plays it uses this overpowered shit. It becomes easily stale. I realize everyone says it's "better than Halo," but in all honesty I prefer games like Halo for multiplayer because you start out all the same and rely on skill rather than rocket launchers.

Unfortunately the whole mockery of girls in multiplayer is what stopped me from being social or talking to anyone I don't know on xbox. So I either make a party with just me and invite only or simply don't play multiplayer. Not a fan of multiplayer achievements anyway so that helps.

I have yet to play Halo but I do own Reach, 3 and ODST.

You can mute them too y'know. Also 3 is meh, ODST is pretty alright from what I've heard, but Reach is a creation of beauty. However after prolonged exposure you'll begin to hate all of your AI partners.
    Maruhige
    • No
    • 6 years ago
    AschsStalkerYou can mute them too y'know. Also 3 is meh, ODST is pretty alright from what I've heard, but Reach is a creation of beauty. However after prolonged exposure you'll begin to hate all of your AI partners.

I know, I'm not bothered enough to want to play multiplayer in anything anymore really. As for the CoD love, well I'm into history and wars. Things like that.
    Zukin-Man
    • No
    • 7 years ago
    • The Place To Be
    6 years ago
    AschsStalker...ODST is pretty alright from what I've heard...
    The campaign is fun, but short. Not to mention, "Rookie" is just another silent protagonist like Chief, but without even the "once-a-chapter" one-liners that Chief had.

Also, I don't know if it genuinely wasn't as good as in Reach, or if I just didn't appreciate it at the time, but I remember not having as much fun in Firefight on ODST.

However, my favorite part was how you don't have Shields in that game, but you do have Stamina, and if your Stamina runs out, you take damage from enemy fire, but if you take cover, your Stamina will recover, BUT IT'S TOTALLY NOT SHIELDS. Also, there will be no moon-jumping like the other Halo games. New Mombasa just naturally has lower gravity.

Oh, and no Matchmaking, not even for Firefight. You have to know other people who have the game.

AschsStalkerHowever after prolonged exposure you'll begin to hate all of your AI partners.
    I can't bring myself to hate Jorge.
    Maruhige
    • No
    • 6 years ago
    EDIT: Didn't like the Scott Pilgrim game. I hate being knocked down before I can get up. I was even using the special sword the entire time.

The 8-bit music was the best part.
  • fearunknownRegular Boarder
    fearunknown
    • No
    • 7 years ago
    • Ohio, United States
    6 years ago
    Maruhige

The 8-bit music was the best part.

Anamanaguchi the guys behind the 8-bit music are amazing, my favorite 8-bit band by far.
    AschsStalker
    • No
    • 7 years ago
    Zukin-ManAschsStalker...ODST is pretty alright from what I've heard...
    The campaign is fun, but short. Not to mention, "Rookie" is just another silent protagonist like Chief, but without even the "once-a-chapter" one-liners that Chief had.

Also, I don't know if it genuinely wasn't as good as in Reach, or if I just didn't appreciate it at the time, but I remember not having as much fun in Firefight on ODST.

However, my favorite part was how you don't have Shields in that game, but you do have Stamina, and if your Stamina runs out, you take damage from enemy fire, but if you take cover, your Stamina will recover, BUT IT'S TOTALLY NOT SHIELDS. Also, there will be no moon-jumping like the other Halo games. New Mombasa just naturally has lower gravity.

Oh, and no Matchmaking, not even for Firefight. You have to know other people who have the game.

Hrmm, I might just pick up ODST then if the firefight is challenging. I mean blasting shit to a plasmay green death is fun, but after a while it gets kinda dull :/

Zukin-ManAschsStalkerHowever after prolonged exposure you'll begin to hate all of your AI partners.
    I can't bring myself to hate Jorge.

Kat Lied, Jorge Died
    Zukin-Man
    • No
    • 7 years ago
    • The Place To Be
    6 years ago
    Yeah, but he went out LIKE A BOSS.
  • KloikiRegular Boarder
    Kloiki
    • No
    • 6 years ago
    6 years ago
    None but I regret buying my PSP, Bought it, got bored in 15 minutes, haven't touched in 2-3 years since.
  • 55 replies
  • Join the club to join the discussion.