- 49 replies
- 6 years agoLess than 2 months! Who's going? Did you already pre-reg? I hope so!
I'm just beyond excited! I can't wait! >_< I'll be cosplaying on Saturday (maybe Friday if I feel like it). I love cosplayers! What I'm most excited for is a figure I saw last year and didn't have the money for. It was $250, but I set aside special money for it this year if anyone has it. ITEM #18775
I'm counting down the days!
- NyxRegular Boarder
- 9 years ago
- New York
- 6 years agoNyxI'm going! It'll be my first time since I just recently moved to the east coast. Looking forward to seeing what kind of figures they have. I hope to snag one or two at a decent price. :D
The answer? ALL KINDS. I started collecting in April last year, so by Otakon I was awestruck at all the figures they had. This year it will be harder not to spend money. >_< I got 2 Sega Prize figures last year for $25 each. I was soooo happy!
- VeridiaRegular Boarder
6 years agoNot sure yet. I mainly go now to meet up with friends if they're down in this area but I'm undecided. Luckily I normally can decide at last minute since I steal my friend's dealer badges...lol.
- 8 years ago
- Maryland, USA
- 6 years agoAwesome! I was honestly thinking the other day how time flies and how closer it seems! Gotta make it through the winter first! This will be my 5th year, I'm super excited!
- 6 years agoI've been the past 4 years but with my work schedule, can usually only do one day of the three. This past year I had to make it Saturday and was really depressed that I missed Uematsu-san on Friday.....(There was no way I could have made it either which made me even sadder...T^T)
Oh well, only need a few hours to blow through all the cash I had so it really didn't make a difference. ^_^b
- 6 years agoThis will be my fourth year as well, but I haven't attended since moving out of Virginia. When I was in the area it actually wasn't my favorite con due to how large it was (Anime USA probably was my favorite). This year I am really excited for it because I haven't been going to many conventions (Blizzconx2, PAX East, and Anime Boston in the past four years) and will be meeting friends.
MFC meet-up anyone? ^^
- 6 years agoI'm going to do my best to make it this year too...might have to bribe someone to work for me. My employer's son is getting married out of the country at the beginning of August so it won't be easy....
- 6 years ago • Updated 6 years agoI make Otakon my one con a year so I can tell my boss that I never ask off and one weekend a year without me won't ruin the store. Lol
Anyone cosplaying? I picked mine already! Angel Stocking from Panty and Stocking. With Funi licensing it, it will be the perfect time to do it!
If they have another toy collecting panel, a meet up would be awesome! Apparenty MFC was mentioned at the last one!
- 6 years agoI'm taking my first vacation in 6 years next month: other than that the only real time I take off is for Otakon. We'll HAVE to get some more help so since I only take one day off, I'll probably get it.
- 6 years agoYay! Once it gets closer to the event and people know what they'll be doing schedule-wise we can decide on a meet-up time and place.
It would be fun to cosplay, since I haven't done it for such a long time. Considering Suite PreCure or Touhou.
- 6 years ago • Updated 6 years agoLooks like I can go this year after all!!!
Boss' family is planning the wedding for April which means that I'm off the hook for Otakon! Not sure if I'll be able to make it for all three days but that Saturday is definately a GO! :D
- 6 years agoI have a question! What do you guys think of wearing cosplay that's not of a Japanese origin? Does it bother you? I was thinking of going as something geeky, but not Japanese at all, and was wondering what everyone's thoughts on that was.
- 6 years ago@ non-anime Cosplay
I don't see anything wrong with it at all. I've noticed quite a few non-anime cosplayers there in the past few years. As a matter of fact, one of the BEST cosplayers I've ever seen there wasn't an Japanese themed/anime one. Someone dressed up as one of the Ghostbusters....and had a pack on with all the lights...Working!! Seriously badass!! Loved it!
Speaking of non-Japanese themed cosplayers was more than a little dissapointed that I didn't see any Imperial Storm Troopers there last year...or maybe since I was only there for one day was just out and about too early to see any, T_T
- 49 replies