Figure Site and Shop Forum[Web Shop] Kotobukiya USA

• todacharm
    todacharmRegular Boarder • lv10
    Offline8 replies
    9 years ago
    MFC Shops Feedback & Rating Page

Kotobukiya US: www.kotous.com/

---

I've recently bought a Black Magician Girl figure from Kotobukiya at their comic con booth. It was hot and crowded, and my friends and I pulled an all-nighter just waiting to buy next year's tickets. I was looking closely at the quality of the figure itself, but not the additional stuffs.

When I got home, I then noticed that the extra face is the same as the default face. D; I only had a one-day pass so I couldn't go back and return/exchange it. I immediately took pics and contact them online.

imageshack.us/p...

I contacted them once for the first week, and then twice last week (one through their contact link, other through their "live support")

I still got NO reply. OTL OTL

I was wondering if anyone bought stuff from them online or at their booth, and how is the customer service? Is there any other way to contact them? Thank you! T3T;; OTL
  • RKasa
    RKasaDeal Hunter ( =₃=)*Very Important Boarder • lv27
    Offline2,088 replies
    9 years ago
    Koto has an online shop for the US? o_O

Also, if they have a phone number, that would be the best way to go.
  • todacharm
    Offline8 replies
    9 years ago • Updated 9 years ago
    R_Kasahara

Koto has an online shop for the US? o_O

Also, if they have a phone number, that would be the best way to go.

Yep it seems like they have a US Shop: store.kotous.co...

When I bought Black Magician Girl they gave me a 'kotoUS.com' sticker. lol They only have a few anime figures.

Oh yeah..that slipped out of my mind. I'll go look for their number. ty! 8D
  • todacharm
    Offline8 replies
    9 years ago
    Hmm...just what to tell you guys I've been calling them the pass two days, but no one has been picking up...

Due to my lack of attention, I brought on this trouble myself. I'm sorry. OTL But, as a huge company, I expected at least one reply/anything through my emails or phone call...dunno what to do now

lllllorz
  • WindsorSeven
    WindsorSevenSHSL VegoneVery Important Boarder • lv34
    Offline2,092 replies
    That's...odd.
    Try the Japanese contacts maybe?
    EDIT: Oh Sh!t! I love their site lol.
    https://s33.postimg.cc/glsls0fy7/image.png
  • todacharm
    Offline8 replies
    I finally got a reply!

KotobukiyaUSAHello ,
    We apologize for the lack of response to your recent inquires. It should be noted that the "live support" link was not forwarding messages on to us and has since been removed from our website.

If you provide us with your mailing address we will send you a pre-paid FedEx shipping label. Send the entire boxed statue back to us and upon receipt we will ship you out another Black Magician Girl with the correct face plates included in the package.

Again we apologize for this inconvenience and thank you for your continued patience.

They seem to have taken down the "live support" button now, so that's good. They didn't note that it's not forwarding messages to them...so I dunno. At least there will be less confusion!

Warning: Don't contact them through the "Contact Us" link on the top right corner-ish. For orders, email them at "order@kotous.com"!
  • todacharm
    Offline8 replies
    I just want to tell you guys that instead of mailing my deflective and receiving a new one, the director of media operations dropped off the new figurine at my house b/c he said he lived close to me. As an apology for the wrong price mark I bought at comic con ($79.99 instead of $69.99) and getting a deflective item, he gave me this figure ITEM #42143 too. That was really nice of him, b/c I didn't expect anything at all!! ;3;

Overall my experience was them was pretty good! It was frustrating the past month...but once I finally got in contact with them, they were quick and efficient. I would buy from them again (but just not anytime soon lol;;).

If you want to contact them, don't send a message through their big "contact us" link on top of the page. Send them to order@kotous.com!
  • WindsorSeven
    Offline2,092 replies
    9 years ago
    Oh wow! You lucked out there.
  • mintbunny
    mintbunnyThe Geeky BunnyRegular Boarder • lv24
    Offline602 replies
    9 years ago
    If you're in the US and want to contact them, use their Facebook page. They responded to every post I put on their wall within 24 hours. Several people said emailing them is pointless.

I pre-ordered Evil Supergirl, and there were rarely any updates (either via Facebook, newsletter, etc..), and she arrived 2 months later after I pre-ordered her. Despite waiting so long (not their fault), I would buy from them again, but I want to buy something that's IN STOCK to see how long it takes.

The not being able to contact them efficiently seriously sucks, but when I can, I like buying from the manufacturer.
  • Leo22334455
    Leo22334455Regular Boarder • lv15
    Offline129 replies
    7 years ago
    Hello its been a long time since this thread was commented on however I noticed that the KotoUS website has things that I cant find anywhere else so I was wondering if when it says you can purchase X number of items that it is actually in stock? I know this is kind of silly but I want to make sure they have the figure before I run off and register.

Also do they do shipping overseas? Since I'm not in the US?
    Any information would be great! Thanks~
  • WindsorSeven
    Offline2,092 replies
    7 years ago
    Some of the items in their shop can't be ordered - when you click on them, it'll say out of stock. Err, does that help at all?
  • Leo22334455
    Leo22334455Regular Boarder • lv15
    Offline129 replies
    7 years ago
    I actually sent them an email asking them (not really expecting a reply since the website didnt seem so active) but I did! Apparently they have the figure in stock however I did place an order with a friend and have already paid etc, how long do they take to process orders?

WindsorSeven7 years agoSome of the items in their shop can't be ordered - when you click on them, it'll say out of stock. Err, does that help at all?
  • Raithos
    RaithosStagnantRegular Boarder • lv42
    Offline152 replies
    7 years ago • Updated 7 years ago
    todacharm9 years agoI finally got a reply!

KotobukiyaUSAHello ,
    We apologize for the lack of response to your recent inquires. It should be noted that the "live support" link was not forwarding messages on to us and has since been removed from our website.

If you provide us with your mailing address we will send you a pre-paid FedEx shipping label. Send the entire boxed statue back to us and upon receipt we will ship you out another Black Magician Girl with the correct face plates included in the package.

Again we apologize for this inconvenience and thank you for your continued patience.

They seem to have taken down the "live support" button now, so that's good. They didn't note that it's not forwarding messages to them...so I dunno. At least there will be less confusion!

Warning: Don't contact them through the "Contact Us" link on the top right corner-ish. For orders, email them at "order@kotous.com"!

So glad I read this, I love Koto and ordered this from the US site: ITEM #87763, I kept messaging them but nada. Until I read your story and saw the "order@kotous.com" brilliant! Hope to get a response now, and thank you for sharing your experience! Or I would've still been stuck in the dark, lol.

Edit/Update:

Raithos7 years ago#1407502Yesterday I got a reply from this gentleman Taku Tokioka, at this email: (taku@kotous.com) Try emailing them using that email, and call if all else fails.

Ok so final experience was terrible with them, they don't do anything until you post on their facebook page. Which since it's exposed to the general public and they're trying to keep a good image, you'll get a reply back really quickly from there and then you will hear about your order. Just sort of sad that's the route that needs to be taken in order to get some service. Their service is abysmal.
  • Piotaku
    PiotakuRegular Boarder • lv10
    Offline1 reply
    5 years ago
    hello kotobukiya US, i dont know wether this is still running, but i was wondering wether you accept prepaid visa/mastercards?? thank you!
  • stark01
    stark01Regular Boarder • lv5
    Offline3 replies
    4 hours ago
    I believe that the kotous store had a warehouse sale a couple years back in December, has anyone heard about them having one this year? And does anyone know if they get in additional stock for this sale? I’m trying to get the Victor Nikiforov figure that recently went out of stock on their store rip
  • Join the club to join the discussion.
  • 15 replies