• 91 replies
  • PrettyCraniumRegular Boarder
    PrettyCranium
    • No
    • 8 years ago
    8 years ago
    MFC Shops Feedback & Rating Page

Kirin Hobby

I would highly recommend them. I've ordered at least 10 figures from them -- all the Haruhi Figmas, some Ghost in the Shell statues, some Sega Haruhis, a Tachikoma. They are all legitimate, non-bootleg figures and are shipped professionally.

As well, they have excellent customer service. For my first order with them, I had forgotten to change my Paypal shipping address from an old one, so the package went to the wrong location. They corrected the problem with the Canadian Post Office quickly.

I always order from Kirin Hobby first, if the figure is available there. I'm pretty sure I'm putting their kids through college . . .
  • neo_valkyrieVery Important Boarder
    neo_valkyrie
    • No
    • 8 years ago
    • United States of America
    8 years ago
    They're legit. I've bought from them once. They ship fast and package well. They also have an ebay store last time I checked. I just think their prices are higher than other US based stores. That's the only reason I haven't ordered from them again. Other than that they're a good place to shop.
    http://myfigurecollection.net/profile/neo_valkyrie/sign.png
  • NikkiKoraRegular Boarder
    NikkiKora
    • No
    • 9 years ago
    8 years ago
    I ordered Kotobukiya's Narika (Beat Blades Haruka) figure for Christmas. She arrived, but was broken at the knee. Still, I'm sure it's due to the shipping, and we might be able to get a refund/exchange. :\\
  • prinnRegular Boarder
    prinn
    • No
    • 7 years ago
    • Bay Area, California, USA
    7 years ago
    Ordered my Nendroid Yui from them - very prompt, fast shipping, responds quickly to emails.
  • kayuathRegular Boarder
    kayuath
    • No
    • 8 years ago
    7 years ago
    I bought Asuka Langley Fraulein Revoltech from them some time ago, and they were awesome.
    Packaging was excellent, and shipping speed was okay (2 days to dispatch the item, but it arrived in 1 week to my door). so yeah.. 5/5 shop.
  • Celtic7GuardianRegular Boarder
    Celtic7Guardian
    • No
    • 8 years ago
    7 years ago
    This looks like a great place to get older figures that have been missed. I'll be keeping this in mind for when I have some spare money.
  • jinx626Regular Boarder
    jinx626
    • No
    • 9 years ago
    7 years ago
    Good prices especially on Kotobukiya figures. They also are very prompt in answering email for questions about orders. Only thing i wish from them is a bigger selection.
  • iheartcurryRegular Boarder
    iheartcurry
    • No
    • 7 years ago
    • California
    7 years ago
    Just ordered a Luffy Strong World edition from them, asked them if it was okay that they send it later (as opposed to sooner) and they were understanding.
    Currently selling all my figures. PM for more info.

Fate Zero, Umineko no naku koro ni, Tiger&Bunny, UtaPri, Atelier Rorona, Gundam 00, and Howl's Moving Castle Doujin for sale
  • ReinierRegular Boarder
    Reinier
    • No
    • 7 years ago
    • Miami, Florida
    7 years ago
    I purchased a K-On! Mio figure from these guys because it was sold out in almost all the other shops. They were on winter vacation until January 5th but once they got back from vacation it took them 3 days to prepare/ship the figure that I ordered. Shipping was around $12 for Fedex ground and it took 6 days for Fedex to deliver because of "severe weather conditions". The figure arrived in a small box filled with bubble sheets, no damage to the box or the shipping box either.

The figure was authentic, it had the authenticity stickers on the front and an AAA distribution sticker on the bottom of the box (the official North American distributor).

Overall I would probably rate them an 8/10 because their prices are pretty high and they dont have much selection but they do have some figures that are sold out elsewhere for sale on their site.
    http://i54.tinypic.com/ehf5gh.gif
    ♥ Holo ♥
  • V-IsmRegular Boarder
    V-Ism
    • No
    • 7 years ago
    • Los Angeles, CA
    7 years ago
    How are they with backorders? I'm waiting to see if they get any more Drossel Figmas.
    http://myfigurecollection.net/profile/V-Ism/sign.png
  • nicetoastyRegular Boarder
    nicetoasty
    • No
    • 7 years ago
    • Canada
    6 years ago
    Got my back-ordered Samurai Champloo SIF set today. Fast shipping and good customer service. They even went out of their way to take pictures to show me the condition of the items without my asking for it.
  • ArveeneRegular Boarder
    Arveene
    • No
    • 8 years ago
    • Michigan, US
    6 years ago
    I placed an order with them a few months ago. It arrived quickly, but it was missing part of the base. The earthquake messed with their ability to get a replacement part, but they eventually were able to get one to me. I assume they used one from their own stock. Their customer service was very friendly and responses were quick.
  • ToriRegular Boarder
    Tori
    • No
    • 9 years ago
    • Argentina
    6 years ago
    Do you know if they are willing to under declare the item values?? Thanks!
  • Gasaraki
    • No
    • 9 years ago
    6 years ago
    I like them, but way too expensive IMO
  • overflowGhost
    overflow
    • No
    • 7 years ago
    • California, USA
    6 years ago
    Does anyone know how often they update their site with new pre-orders? Their Kotobukiya prices seem alright, so I'm waiting to see how much something would be there before ordering from a Japanese site.
    [My Splits] http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/WingsofaLostSoul/yorisig.jpg [My Sales] Art credit: yori
  • vietxmikeyRegular Boarder
    vietxmikey
    • No
    • 6 years ago
    • Los Angeles, CA
    6 years ago
    Just looked at some of the figures they had and they are CHEAP! Sucks that I'm saving up right now. Hopefully they have the ones I want when it's time for me.
  • ToriRegular Boarder
    Tori
    • No
    • 9 years ago
    • Argentina
    6 years ago
    ToriDo you know if they are willing to under declare the item values?? Thanks!

They don't :P. If someone else need it to know...
  • busterj990Regular Boarder
    busterj990
    • No
    • 7 years ago
    • Michigan
    6 years ago
    Kotobukiya items are really cheap at kirin hobby so I like them
  • suwa194Regular Boarder
    suwa194
    • No
    • 6 years ago
    • New York, USA
    6 years ago
    I have brought my Danboard from them, and I had a heart attack when there was a manufacture flaw, so I thought they sold bootlegs until I compared my danboard to my friend's legit one, and sure that it was just a flaw.

Other than my bad luck, they have really good customer service because they always replied to my e-mails. =]

They're pricing can be a little high, but sometimes you find some relatively decent pricing on some items.

Shipping in U.S. is standard, 4-5 days..
  • HenteRegular Boarder
    Hente
    • No
    • 6 years ago
    5 years ago
    Do these guys deliver from the US or from Japan? I'd just like to know if I have to end up paying $30 for EMS or not.
  • 91 replies
  • Join the club to join the discussion.