• 78 replies
  • ninthGhost
    ninth
    • No
    • 7 years ago
    • Canada
    6 years ago
    Anyone follow the manga regularly?
    I check the crowsxworst forums at the beginning of the month for the new scanlations.

Just read the latest Worst chapter 113.

Epic things are about to begin.
  • MitteDorama WhoreRegular Boarder
    Mitte
    • No
    • 6 years ago
    • Denmark
    6 years ago
    I need to catch up on the manga some time soon >_<
  • yuebingRegular Boarder
    yuebing
    • No
    • 6 years ago
    6 years ago
    I'm at chapter 92 because I'm reading the printed version that comes out here in Italy (it's soooo slowwwwwww, a volume every 4 month when it's fast °____° NEED MOAR) but eh *___* epicness is beginning!

So at chapter 113 things get even better?? Oh <3
  • ninthGhost
    ninth
    • No
    • 7 years ago
    • Canada
    6 years ago • Updated 6 years ago
    yuebingI'm at chapter 92 because I'm reading the printed version that comes out here in Italy (it's soooo slowwwwwww, a volume every 4 month when it's fast °____° NEED MOAR) but eh *___* epicness is beginning!

So at chapter 113 things get even better?? Oh <3

yes things are heating up finally!!
    I'm super pumped for the next chapter.

Also there's a new scanlator for CROWS, Crimson Moon and Kaizoku.
    They just finished CHAPTER 65 where PAD left off.
    Really good chapter as well.

If you haven't read it yet GO READ IT NOW: www.mangareader...
  • yuebingRegular Boarder
    yuebing
    • No
    • 6 years ago
    A NEW SCANLATORRRRR? I love you. And the new scanlator.

I'm at chapter 66 of Crows (I'm reading the chinese version because I can't read japanese T__T ) but english is way easier **

Sorry, derailing but: how great is Crows?!? *__* I'm in love with everything, the way the drawings get better and better, how TFOA is evolving, Bouya and everything Bouya does! Ebizuka Trio and now PAD... I was dying when Bitou called Ryuushin "Ryuushin-chan""
  • ninthGhost
    ninth
    • No
    • 7 years ago
    • Canada
    yuebingA NEW SCANLATORRRRR? I love you. And the new scanlator.

I'm at chapter 66 of Crows (I'm reading the chinese version because I can't read japanese T__T ) but english is way easier **

Sorry, derailing but: how great is Crows?!? *__* I'm in love with everything, the way the drawings get better and better, how TFOA is evolving, Bouya and everything Bouya does! Ebizuka Trio and now PAD... I was dying when Bitou called Ryuushin "Ryuushin-chan""

CROWS IS GREAT! I love Takahashi's sense of humor, his comic relief is the best. I'm re-reading the series once again, I can't get enough of this stuff.

I'll be a little sad when the series finishes scanlating though...
    But we've got about 7 more volumes before it's done.
  • yuebingRegular Boarder
    yuebing
    • No
    • 6 years ago
    6 years ago
    I agree! Really really great!!

I swear it's magic, I've read Crows like 5 time and Worst maybe 7 and it doesn't ever stop to be entertaining, how does he do it?! xD Every character get so amazing after a while: the two TFOA goons that stay with Ryuushin... I mean, secondary character and all but they're great and loyal and snarky! and Yasu... oh in serie like this the not-fighting characters are well... boring but Yasu is lovely (the scene with him trying to smoke XD)

I think I will continue reading Crows even after it's finished forever XD It's like a favourite book only it's 26 volume long (more! the Gaiden! I want NEED the one about the fifth gen of TFOA and little Tessho translated...)
  • ninthGhost
    ninth
    • No
    • 7 years ago
    • Canada
    6 years ago
    It's the same for me! Every time I read it again the characters seem to get a bit more interesting, maybe cause I already got to know them so I pick up a little more each time.
    I love mohawk Yasu!! I should have gotten that special FBG figure of him.

I wished they had kept on publishing Worst in North America. Only 3 volumes, and their sold out at chapters(canada) already. I'll have to get them off eBay.

I was planning on getting the Japanese version just for my collection and to display epicness but shipping manga from Japan is too expensive for me.

I'll keep on reading Worst and Crows whenever I'm procrastinating. I doubt that I'll ever get tired of it.
  • yuebingRegular Boarder
    yuebing
    • No
    • 6 years ago
    6 years ago
    About mohawk Yasu, there's always hope! *__* Have you seen the new Dive af? Maruken and Kakuken!! I love them and their awful hair and terrible shirts XD

It's so sad about Worst being cancelled in North America! :(

Here in Italy it still comes out but, yeah, 1 volume every 4 months (sometimes more) and it's one of the most expensive (but so worth it!!) Also, it's full of idiot errors like names switched and stuff like that. It's not anything terrible but it's a bit annoying...

I hear you about shipping manga being expensive... I managed to buy the taiwan version of Crows but only because a friend was going there on vacation and she brought them back to me! I only bought the first six volume of the Crows Zero manga (awful stuff but I wanted them for collection!) and some CZ photobook from Japan and I had those shipped with the slowest method ever XD they took 3 month to arrive XD

I'm in the middle of re-reading Worst now! because in january the new volume comes out *___* never stop being amazing!!
  • ninthGhost
    ninth
    • No
    • 7 years ago
    • Canada
    6 years ago
    Yeah, I added Maru and Kaku to the database. Dive is throwing out alot of FBG, so many figures now, I can barely keep up with them.

It's expensive in Italy? not the same price as other manga?
    I think Worst retailed for around $13CAD, and the average manga in Canada is around $10CAD so it's a bit higher, but not too much, but then agian if they published all the volumes 13x26 = 338CAD.

Yeah, in the spirit of procrastination I'm reading it as well, I'm at the Housen Arc.
  • yuebingRegular Boarder
    yuebing
    • No
    • 6 years ago
    6 years ago
    Yeah, so many FBG... I'm going to try to catch up really slooowly, it's the thrill of the hunt :)

Worst is not one of the most expensive luckily (there are some manga at 7 euro...and I think the most expensive I'm following is Monster at 12,90 euro) but at 5,50 euro it's more expensive than most, since Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Blue Exorcist (the most famous) and many other cost just 3,90 (so not by much but enough to get annoyied at errors and quality of the edition!)

I have exams coming up in late january and early february... I know what you mean with "procrastination"... I'm at chapter 69!
  • ninthGhost
    ninth
    • No
    • 7 years ago
    • Canada
    6 years ago
    Late January early Feburary? is your semesters different than north america. fall semester here is September - December, and winter semester is January - April. My last final exam is tomorrow, so study, study, study for me.

Wow 5.5euros, that's expensive and I thought the Canadian prices suck.

I'm not going to collect anymore FBG unless they are really nice looking. There's way too many and I hate that their not 1/8 scale like my other figures.
  • yuebingRegular Boarder
    yuebing
    • No
    • 6 years ago
    6 years ago
    The semester are the same but we get an exams session in late January, one in June and one in September. Some faculty have it easy and they basically have a session every month (like Philosophy... I'll never stop being envious >_< )

Good luck for your exam!! :D

My obsession with Crows is what convinced me to start collecting so... FBG are the second best figures for me! Favourite are of course the 1/6 scale but they're hard to find and so expensive :P (I'm going to own them all one day >__< ) I'd like to buy some Crazy Head and Little Yankee Heroes too! And nendos... and One Piece POP... umm I'm messy and I like messy stuff... lack of a common scale cannot bother me XD

Right now what I'm really going crazy on are these picture/229314&... that's one of my favourite drawing, the relationship between these three is awesome in the manga and I need them in my life NOW
  • ninthGhost
    ninth
    • No
    • 7 years ago
    • Canada
    OH!!! I want the FBG DX as well, but they were so expensive I couldn't bring myself to preorder them.
    I'm hoping they'll pop up on Mandarake for half price.
    I wonder how Bitou is going to turn out, no pics for him yet, which is a bit weird.

So you guys get an extra few weeks/month to study for final exams. lucky! But even if I had that amount of time I would probbaly end up studying two days before the exam anyways.

I'm trying to limit my collection to:
    One Piece POPs
    Gintama GEMs
    and a few Worst x Crows figure

So hard to avoid everything else, some figures looks so nice, I have to force myself not to click buy.

EDIT: CROWS Chapter 66 is up on MangaReader: www.mangareader...
    GO READ IT!!
  • yuebingRegular Boarder
    yuebing
    • No
    • 6 years ago
    6 years ago
    Yeah, I'm checking Mandarake too XD

The only thing that bother me about mandarake is that if you pay with paypal, you have to ship with EMS ... EMS is pure evil for me because it get surely caught by custom :P

I'm curios too about Bitou! Bouya looks awesome, Ryuushin uhmmm not so much to me but I want him too!

Since I'm at the beginning at collecting... I'm not really clear on what I should limit myself to... I'm still at the "WANT EVERYTHING" stage eheh!

[quote]But even if I had that amount of time I would probbaly end up studying two days before the exam anyways.

Ahahahha yeah, me too, always XD I'm the worst at planning and sticking to the plan!

Aaaannd read the 66chap!

View spoilerHide spoilerOh Bitou, you and the "more than ryuushin" thing <3

Oh, oh! How sweet was Teru's dream??
  • ninthGhost
    ninth
    • No
    • 7 years ago
    • Canada
    Yeah my collection progress was like this:
    Phase 1: I'll only buy this figure and that's it.
    Phase 2: Ohhhh...that's really cheap maybe I'll get this as well.
    Phase 3: Damn it! I need to finish this entire series for my collection!!
    Phase 4: Oh, I really have too many figures...what to do now?

At mandarake I think some stores allow SAL registered. But why don't you just pay with credit card?

FBG DX Ryuushin looks a bit like the hunchback of notredame, they shouldn't have sculpted him so hunched over, if it he had been posed like in the manga cover it would have been great.
    I hope they don't mess up Bitou.

View spoilerHide spoiler
    Teru's dream is so cute...wife and kids come over...he's such a sweet guys.
    That Kouhei seems like such a dick to turn his back on his friends like that!!
  • yuebingRegular Boarder
    yuebing
    • No
    • 6 years ago
    6 years ago
    I've sent a mail to the people at mandarake and they told me about SAL registered! Lucky! I have both credit card and paypal account but since I sometimes sell stuff on ebay and the money goes directly to paypal, using paypal on online shopping is handy!

Yeah, Ryuushin pose is a bit strange... I sooo want to see Bitou now! (and there's no way it's going to happen but I'd love t see Crows Ladies figures XD )

View spoilerHide spoilerTeru, Kiiko and Parko are all surprisingly sweet! I loved the previous arc where tyhey end up making friends with Bouya and Ryuushin!

Kouhei... most definetely a dick :P but I like how Hiroshi handle his being a dick! It's like he's scared of the future and making the worst choice thinking it's a good one! ... I don't know if I'm making sense eheheh but the point is: I like the motivations of his characters!
  • ninthGhost
    ninth
    • No
    • 7 years ago
    • Canada
    6 years ago
    Yeah i tend to use paypal since i always have a balance as well, but i don't like paypal, they take so much of our money and have such bad customer service. They take a cut everywhere.

I don't think I would want Crows Ladies figure, I didn't really care for the story, it was a nice extra but it felt ehh...
  • yuebingRegular Boarder
    yuebing
    • No
    • 6 years ago
    6 years ago
    I loved the idea more than the realization maybe XD But O-ryuu of the Front of Japanese Clothing was a lovely touch, I'd buy that in an istant :D
  • ninthGhost
    ninth
    • No
    • 7 years ago
    • Canada
    6 years ago
    haha o-ryuu.....
    I don't think the female Harumichi looked cute at all, very tom-boy-ish.
    Rindman....was....I have no words to describe him...lol
  • 78 replies
  • Join the club to join the discussion.