• No
    • 9 years ago
    • Prague, Czech Republic
    8 years ago • Updated 7 years ago
    [size=medium]AmiAmi (あみあみ)

International shop: www.amiami.jp/s...
    Japanese shop: www.amiami.jp/

Online figure store based in Japan.
    Specialized in selling figures and all kinds of otaku stuff.

Shipping: EMS, SAL
    Payment methods: PayPal

+ awesome prices! (great discounts on new / preordered items)
    + AmiAmi exclusives and limited items
    + large product range
    + sales!
    + prompt customer service / communication
    + shows a number of items on stock

- PayPal only
    - user interface and options of online shop (International ver.)
    - they ship stocked / pre-ordered items by month
    - order combination (notes at orders and mail to support)
    - product offer sometimes updates later on international version
    http://sapphire-maples.com/stuff/tsuki/sig/yune.png
  • Singer_YunaAll along the Watchtower ♪Moderator
    Singer_Yuna
    • No
    • 9 years ago
    • ♥ Abyss of farplane, Spain
    8 years ago
    Argh I used yokatta middlemen for getting Seena Kanon though Japanese Amiami!
    They should created the english website earlier xD
  • Shiddo一匹狼Ghost
    Shiddo
    • No
    • 9 years ago
    • Prague, Czech Republic
    8 years ago
    Thx for fix.

I just found up about it thx to glockenpop on Marisa entry ^^ I am kinda temped now to cancel or other orders. Their prices are insane ^^
    http://sapphire-maples.com/stuff/tsuki/sig/yune.png
  • mememoSale HunterVery Important Boarder
    mememo
    • No
    • 9 years ago
    • Ireland
    8 years ago • Updated 8 years ago
    This is so cool that at last amiami have an english shop . 18-25% off on preorders i think im in love =)
  • kumasanmkProducer
    kumasanmk
    • No
    • 10 years ago
    • France
    8 years ago
    Sounds awesome! But EMS only... I can't!
  • shinkuRegular Boarder
    shinku
    • No
    • 8 years ago
    • Adelaide, Australia
    8 years ago
    Good prices. If only I knew of the English site a week ago, I'd have saved myself ~ $10!
    http://myfigurecollection.net/profile/shinku/sign.png
  • MarshmallowpieVery Important Boarder
    Marshmallowpie
    • No
    • 9 years ago
    • nova scotia
    Oh wow, this is amazing news. EMS shipping may not be that great pricewise, but their amazing prices on figures make up for it. Also, thank you so much Amiami, for taking Paypal. :D

But the best part is... we now have better access to some exclusives!
  • AshlotteFull-time ReviewerVery Important Boarder
    Ashlotte
    • No
    • 8 years ago
    • Florida, USA
    8 years ago
    Yea stumbled across this myself today aswell earlier...The whole no-canceling pre-orders thing I'll probably stop me from ordering anything as I change my mind constantly on pre-orders, but will see...
    "There are some people who live in a dream world,
    and there are some who face reality;
    and then there are those who turn one into the other."

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d14/Arkadyz/Heart_Music_by_AlexSatriani.gif
  • Lenneththe blue valkyrieGhost
    Lenneth
    • No
    • 9 years ago
    8 years ago
    Shiddo, what do you mean by offer and offer updates? They run specials or you can offer them prices ? The second one sounds too good to be true. but would be so awesome. xDDD

Shame they will only do EMS. Their prices are fantastic but the saving would be better realised if they had SAL as well.
  • neo_valkyrieVery Important Boarder
    neo_valkyrie
    • No
    • 8 years ago
    • United States of America
    8 years ago
    I guess this is a good alternative for people who buy from Hobby Search since they ship via EMS too.

I would love to try Amiami but I'm not going to pay EMS. You'll still end up paying about the same price for a sales figure after you calculate the cost of shipping and conversion fees. No thank you.
    http://myfigurecollection.net/profile/neo_valkyrie/sign.png
  • Cloud_StrifeRegular Boarder
    Cloud_Strife
    • No
    • 8 years ago
    • Peru
    8 years ago
    neo_valkyrieI guess this is a good alternative for people who buy from Hobby Search since they ship via EMS too.

I would love to try Amiami but I'm not going to pay EMS. You'll still end up paying about the same price for a sales figure after you calculate the cost of shipping and conversion fees. No thank you.

The same for me. I just use SAL or in last resort registered airmail. Imagine if just to USA is expensive. To Peru it's the double.
    http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/4930/gantzban.jpg
  • diligentsesameRegular Boarder
    diligentsesame
    • No
    • 8 years ago
    MarshmallowpieOh wow, this is amazing news. EMS shipping may not be that great pricewise, but their amazing prices on figures make up for it. Also, thank you so much Amiami, for taking Paypal. :D

I'm curious, what sort of exclusives have they had in the past?

[EDIT] Note about Japan-only items:
    www.amiami.com/...
  • Gasaraki
    • No
    • 9 years ago
    8 years ago
    oh HELL YEAH Thanks for the info!
  • MarshmallowpieVery Important Boarder
    Marshmallowpie
    • No
    • 9 years ago
    • nova scotia
    8 years ago
    diligentsesameMarshmallowpieOh wow, this is amazing news. EMS shipping may not be that great pricewise, but their amazing prices on figures make up for it. Also, thank you so much Amiami, for taking Paypal. :D

www.amiami.com/...

But, I wonder what items would qualify for Japan only? If it's for exclusive items, it's not like we can't get them anyway. (although for a much higher price... >_>) I think Japan only items would be more like eroge and other 18+ stuff, since they have that on the Japanese site, but not on the English one.
  • AshlotteFull-time ReviewerVery Important Boarder
    Ashlotte
    • No
    • 8 years ago
    • Florida, USA
    MarshmallowpiediligentsesameMarshmallowpieOh wow, this is amazing news. EMS shipping may not be that great pricewise, but their amazing prices on figures make up for it. Also, thank you so much Amiami, for taking Paypal. :D

www.amiami.com/...

But, I wonder what items would qualify for Japan only? If it's for exclusive items, it's not like we can't get them anyway. (although for a much higher price... >_>) I think Japan only items would be more like eroge and other 18+ stuff, since they have that on the Japanese site, but not on the English one.

This...

The stupid moral sh*tstorm about Eroge is still around over there so its a good guess this is what there referencing...Alot of 18+ has "For Japan only" or similar things printed on them in English these days...sad really...

But shouldn't affect figures too much I hope.
    "There are some people who live in a dream world,
    and there are some who face reality;
    and then there are those who turn one into the other."

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d14/Arkadyz/Heart_Music_by_AlexSatriani.gif
  • Gasaraki
    • No
    • 9 years ago
    It's not just cause of that "shitstorm" I think, it's not been possible to order 18+ items directly from a Japanese store for a long time now. It's been that way on amazon.co.jp for a long while now, way before that stuff happened.
    mememo
    • No
    • 9 years ago
    • Ireland
    8 years ago
    Has anyone here placed an order with them yet if so how did it work out for you
  • timelord_scienceRegular Boarder
    timelord_science
    • No
    • 8 years ago
    8 years ago
    mememoHas anyone here placed an order with them yet if so how did it work out for you

I haven't but I know a few people on /toy/ had and the only complaint was that a lot of the stuff that was 'in stock' that they ordered ended being backordered by the time they got their order confirmation emails.

Apparently their EMS isn't overly expensive but, obviously, you have to expect the normal prices overall.

I might be ordering from them at some point just to see how their service is.
    mememo
    • No
    • 9 years ago
    • Ireland
    8 years ago
    Thanks for the fast reply timelord_science its good that there EMS isn't overly expensive because some shops way overcharge for EMS . There is one figure that i want at the moment but with EMS i usualy wait to order untill i find 2-3 figures that i want so ill give it a little while and see if anything else comes up
  • diligentsesameRegular Boarder
    diligentsesame
    • No
    • 8 years ago
    mememoHas anyone here placed an order with them yet if so how did it work out for you

I actually placed an order with them last night which was when I discovered the news. lol
    I wasn't planning on it, but then they had the one item I've been looking for that's out of stock everywhere else for 40% off. (OoO)!

I created a user ID to make the purchase and after ordering the item I immediately received an Order Acknowledgment e-mail. So this was Japanese Time 2:30 PM Tuesday, 10/27. Then I received my order confirmation with my grand total (with shipping) 1 hour later. I paid with paypal exactly another hour later, and then received my Shipment Tracking and Order Status at JT 7:30 PM. Actually, I received a sort of censored shipping number so I can't track it yet.
    [EDIT] Okay, then I received my Shipping Notification 10/28 at JT 6 PM.
    [EDIT] Yay, I got my package today! So that would be Sunday, 11/01 in Japan...at 4:30 AM. Well let's just say that took 5 days.
  • 2,003 replies
  • This thread has been closed.
  • Join the club to join the discussion.