• No
    • 7 years ago
    • United Kingdom
    5 years ago
    Good Smile Online Shop (グッドスマイル・カンパニー)

MFC Shops Feedback & Rating Page

International shop: goodsmile-globa...
    Japanese site (general): www.goodsmile.i... & --> User Guide <--

Online figure store/manufacturer based in Japan.
    Specialized in selling figures of own production or in cooperation.

Shipping: Only EMS - Flat rate of currently 2,000yen
    Payment methods: Only Credit Cards - American Express, Visa, Mastercard, JCB & PayPal

+ Exclusives and limited items
    + Prompt customer service / communication
    + Contact direct with a figure manufacturer

- No alternative shipping methods
    http://myfigurecollection.net/pics/b/mfc180x80.png . https://en.facebookbrand.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/FB-fLogo-Blue-broadcast-2.png . https://cdn.cms-twdigitalassets.com/content/brand-twitter/en/jcr:content/par/c01_column_1596992668/col2/b04_asset_download_m.img.500.medium.1469476604231.jpg .
  • WooarghRegular Boarder
    Wooargh
    • No
    • 6 years ago
    • Canberra, Australia
    5 years ago
    Atleast they sell Internationally unlike a lot of manufacturers. Try getting something out of Cospa. I've been there a couple of times but always found I can get things a lot cheaper from Amiami or HLJ. Didn't know they do exclusives though. Will have to keep an eye out.
  • Beani(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻Very Important Boarder
    Beani
    • No
    • 6 years ago
    • Tokyo, Japan
    5 years ago
    Some other cons

- Often slow to ship out items
    - Can ship via courier without warning
    - Often very poor packaging which makes their reluctance to do anything about damaged boxes all the more annoying
    - Full retail price for standard release items (fair enough really)
    - Charge without warning (basically whenever they email you a shipping date expect the charge at any point from there)

I actually really dislike ordering from GSC but when it comes to exclusives their store is certainly the best option. The flat rate shipping is also amazing for bulk orders
  • AzyxRegular Boarder
    Azyx
    • No
    • 5 years ago
    • Canada
    5 years ago
    Is there flat 2000Y shipping rate per order (probably not >.<)?

I mean... 5x IBRS for 2000 shipping? sound goods somehow
  • BlitzAceRegular Boarder
    BlitzAce
    • No
    • 5 years ago
    • 626, California
    5 years ago
    Azyx (5 years ago)Is there flat 2000Y shipping rate per order (probably not >.<)?

Yes. GSC offers flat rate 2000Y EMS. :) Definitely worth it to order from GSC if you're buying in bulk.
  • ghirahimNeeds more KyoukoRegular Boarder
    ghirahim
    • No
    • 5 years ago
    • Fuyuki City
    5 years ago • Updated 5 years ago
    Azyx (5 years ago)Is there flat 2000Y shipping rate per order (probably not >.<)?

Yes, it is, so shipping for 5x IBRS = 2000 yen as long as they're all in the same order. It's annoying if you want just one thing, but great if you want to make a large order ^^
    Edit: BlitzAce beat me to it
  • R_Kasahara( =₃=)*Very Important Boarder
    R_Kasahara
    • No
    • 9 years ago
    • Bay Area, California, USA
    Beani (5 years ago)- Often very poor packaging which makes their reluctance to do anything about damaged boxes all the more annoying
    Yeah, they usually don't have the best packaging, but oddly enough, the figma archetype he and shes I recently got from them was in one of the sturdiest cardboard shipping boxes I've ever seen o_O
  • AzyxRegular Boarder
    Azyx
    • No
    • 5 years ago
    • Canada
    5 years ago
    Nice to know, but I did some calculation with Nippon-Yasan EMS rate for IBRS (Canada as location)

Nippon-Yasan
    5x IBRS = 66 600 (15 100 shipping)
    4x IBRS = 54 100 (12 900 shipping)
    3x IBRS = 41 600 (10 700 shipping)
    2x IBRS = 28 100 ( 7 500 shipping)
    1x IBRS = 15 000 ( 4 700 shipping)

GSC
    5x IBRS = 71 000 (2000 shipping)
    4x IBRS = 57 200 (2000 shipping)
    3x IBRS = 43 400 (2000 shipping)
    2x IBRS = 29 600 (2000 shipping)
    1x IBRS = 15 800 (2000 shipping)

The retail price just kills it I guess
  • Beani(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻Very Important Boarder
    Beani
    • No
    • 6 years ago
    • Tokyo, Japan
    R_Kasahara (5 years ago)Beani (5 years ago)- Often very poor packaging which makes their reluctance to do anything about damaged boxes all the more annoying
    Yeah, they usually don't have the best packaging, but oddly enough, the figma archetype he and shes I recently got from them was in one of the sturdiest cardboard shipping boxes I've ever seen o_O

Yeah I've had some packages show up amazingly well packed while others are utter crap. Still angry over my damaged Gumako box to this day.

Maybe we can hope they finally will have consistently good packaging? Will be interested to see how the Yukata stuff is packed.
  • iced_wineRegular Boarder
    iced_wine
    • No
    • 6 years ago
    • U.S.
    5 years ago
    at least they mail you replacement parts for free....i have not heard of other shops willing to do that.
  • jiejieon iceModerator
    jiejie
    • No
    • 8 years ago
    • Germany
    5 years ago
    Beani (5 years ago)Some other cons

- Often slow to ship out items

- Can ship via courier without warning
    - Often very poor packaging which makes their reluctance to do anything about damaged boxes all the more annoying
    - Full retail price for standard release items (fair enough really)
    - Charge without warning (basically whenever they email you a shipping date expect the charge at any point from there)

The courier thing happened to me. My order contained one nendoroid, Makise Kurisu Lab Coat Version, and the courier, TNT, asked for a handling fee of 25€ for getting her through customs. That's in addition to the actual customs fees! I was not willing to pay that much in fees for a single nendoroid, and told them as much. It's also not quite legal for them to charge me that fee, but let's leave that aside...

So I refused to accept the package and told GSC customer service about the situation. That was during the first week of January, when they were still on new year's break, so I wasn't expecting too much. I was very impressed when I got their answer on the 7th (the first day they were back!) and even more impressed by the contents of their answer. Basically, they were offering to try and get the fee back for me if I paid it, or reship the package from Japan(!) if I refused it and it was sent back.
    full emailhideDear <name>,

Thank you for contacting us. We're very sorry to hear about the difficulty you're experiencing.

Your package was shipped via EMS. However, the delivery of your package may be contracted out to any courier, as per the discretion of the origin EMS office.

Looking at the status of your package, it is still in the courier's custody. There are currently 2 options.

In the first option, you can reschedule delivery and pay the service charge. We will file a claim with EMS on your behalf for a refund of these fees.

In the second option, we ask that you contact the courier and refuse the package. We will then reship your package from Japan. Shipping from Japan, it is less likely that your package will be delivered by TNT. However, it is not impossible.

As a customer of EMS, we are unable to determine which courier is used within Germany. However, we are currently investigating other shipping options.

We'd again like to offer our apologies in regard to this situation and the inconvenience it has caused you. Please contact us again at your earliest convenience so that we may offer you further assistance.

Sincerely,

Goodsmile Online Customer Support

Being a natural procrastinator, it took me a few days to answer them, by which time they told me they were currently negotiating with EMS to get the fee cancelled, and I should just wait for now. So I waited. And today, maybe half an hour ago, TNT called. Said that they had heard from the sender that I was willing to pay the actual customs charges but not the extra fee(*), and if that was correct, and when I wanted to schedule delivery.

So yeah, I don't know what GSC did there, but it worked, even if it took a while. I'm getting my package tomorrow. I recommend contacting them to everyone who had problems with courier delivery and extra fees.

All in all, while the shop does have its problems, they're willing to work on them. Their customer service is really excellent from the two times(**) I have been in contact with them - so if you have a problem, let them know!

(*)I had actually told that to their deliveryman when he tried to deliver the package the first time, and to the person who called me later on the same day, but those guys never know anything and can't even pass on a message... sigh.
    (**)First time was a missing nendo part, which was delivered quickly and with no problems in a simple envelope that wasn't even touched by customs.
  • drowranger☆keelerleah☆Very Important Boarder
    drowranger
    • No
    • 8 years ago
    • Canada
    5 years ago
    If GSC continues shipping using a courier I'm going to have to completely quit buying from them.... as my address is a post box. >.> I already have two nendoroids in separate shipments sitting who knows where. One was mailed on the 28th of December and has just gone around in circles... and the 2nd which supposedly did make it into the country is now simply listed as 'Failed delivery, no such person/name' because they can't deliver to a box number. Now I'm waiting on a reply from GSC and I haven't heard back from them and it's been 4 days since I tried contacting them.... so are the packages going to be sent back??? I don't really know what to do at this point besides sending GSC more emails... And I have another 2 nendos set to be released from them by the end of the month.... and is this all just going to happen again??? >.>
  • 4Arnd4ア一ンドAdministrator
    4Arnd
    • No
    • 7 years ago
    • United Kingdom
    5 years ago
    drowranger (5 years ago)If GSC continues shipping using a courier I'm going to have to completely quit buying from them.... as my address is a post box. >.> I already have two nendoroids in separate shipments sitting who knows where. One was mailed on the 28th of December and has just gone around in circles... and the 2nd which supposedly did make it into the country is now simply listed as 'Failed delivery, no such person/name' because they can't deliver to a box number. Now I'm waiting on a reply from GSC and I haven't heard back from them and it's been 4 days since I tried contacting them.... so are the packages going to be sent back??? I don't really know what to do at this point besides sending GSC more emails... And I have another 2 nendos set to be released from them by the end of the month.... and is this all just going to happen again??? >.>

If you got the tracking details, is there no way of contacting these guys? Meaning giving the delivery company itself a call.
    http://myfigurecollection.net/pics/b/mfc180x80.png . https://en.facebookbrand.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/FB-fLogo-Blue-broadcast-2.png . https://cdn.cms-twdigitalassets.com/content/brand-twitter/en/jcr:content/par/c01_column_1596992668/col2/b04_asset_download_m.img.500.medium.1469476604231.jpg .
  • jiejieon iceModerator
    jiejie
    • No
    • 8 years ago
    • Germany
    5 years ago
    @drowranger: GSC didn't decide to ship by courier, they shipped by EMS as usual and the EMS office in Singapore decided to suddenly let the couriers handle the packages in the destination country instead of the "standard" delivery service. At least that's what they told me (see the email I posted above), and it matches the information I get from googling. But it really looks like they've realized there is a problem and are trying to find a solution (again, see email).
    Strange though that they're not answering you, they were very quick in my case. How did you contact them? I used the contact form at their store.

My case has been completely resolved, btw. Makise was delivered this morning. Still have to ask GSC about my other open orders, though - while it's great that they got me out of this mess, I don't really feel like going through this trouble for every single future delivery... ~_~
  • drowranger☆keelerleah☆Very Important Boarder
    drowranger
    • No
    • 8 years ago
    • Canada
    5 years ago
    Well after calming down a bit (sorry about the rash and rather emotional previous post) I ended up getting a call from the courier this morning (a company called Loomis that handled DHL) they informed me that I could pick the package up in the nearest city. So after driving in (And paying $14 in fees) I finally got one of the two packages I was waiting on. I also got a few things straightened out with the courier for any future packages that may arrive.

I'm still waiting on the first package that was mailed on the 28th though. I'll wait for a week or so and see if I hear back, if not I'll have to send GSC another email (I'll try using the form on their site next time rather then just sending a regular email).
  • panda_R_kawaiiRegular Boarder
    panda_R_kawaii
    • No
    • 6 years ago
    • CA, USA
    5 years ago
    I had a question about GSC and using Paypal. Will they give an invoice through PP, which you can confirm (thus paying that charge with your credit card, just through PP) or do they require funds already to be in the PP account and just take what's in there?
  • jiejieon iceModerator
    jiejie
    • No
    • 8 years ago
    • Germany
    5 years ago
    Goodsmile's latest reply about the courier thing, thought I'd post here because I'm not the only one who had trouble with that:
    emailhideDear <name>,

Thank you for contacting us.

We're very glad to hear that you've received your package, but would again like to apologize about the difficulty that you experienced in receiving it.

GSC is also very concerned about future shipments to your area. Though we have been informed by EMS that a private courier was used only due to the increase in shipments over the holiday period, we cannot control how the package is delivered.

GSC is currently considering different shipment options. However, as these will take time to investigate and implement, we ask for your patience and understanding.

In the future, if you experience any further difficulty, please contact us again. We are currently establishing a system with EMS in order to reimburse customers who were overcharged due courier service fees.

We sincerely appreciate your business, and look forward to serving you again. Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at any time.

Sincerely,

Goodsmile Online Customer Support

Sounds like we don't need to worry about paying extra handling fees anymore, or at least we'll get them back if we do have to pay.
  • KattoSHSL Magical GirlSuper High School Level
    Katto
    • No
    • 5 years ago
    • Melbourne, Australia
    5 years ago
    GSC keeps giving me unpleasant surprises - if it weren't for the fact that I can get a hold of exclusives, I probably would never shop there =_= They charged me partially for my order to come this month when I did not expect it at all, because not all of my order is ready to ship. One of the items doesn't even have a release date yet, which bothers me a lot.

Is there an option to be able to pay the entire order up front? With credit card or something, because I don't like the unpleasant shocks I get when I check my account and find I've been charged when I haven't been expecting it.
    http://media.tumblr.com/7d601def965bf263c09d71a0ba08d16d/tumblr_inline_mppd2cfU0k1s0iq8v.gifhttp://media.tumblr.com/b9718baf802c5b0076333e0afc31214c/tumblr_inline_mppd2g9rzN1s0iq8v.gifhttp://media.tumblr.com/f977dc76a89e38ec46ad536f56a43b94/tumblr_inline_mppdqnZXNe1s0iq8v.gif
    Welcome to Despair~
  • ghirahimNeeds more KyoukoRegular Boarder
    ghirahim
    • No
    • 5 years ago
    • Fuyuki City
    5 years ago
    Katto (5 years ago)GSC keeps giving me unpleasant surprises - if it weren't for the fact that I can get a hold of exclusives, I probably would never shop there =_= They charged me partially for my order to come this month when I did not expect it at all, because not all of my order is ready to ship. One of the items doesn't even have a release date yet, which bothers me a lot.

Is there an option to be able to pay the entire order up front? With credit card or something, because I don't like the unpleasant shocks I get when I check my account and find I've been charged when I haven't been expecting it.

If you ask, they might let you do a manual payment via paypal (I was having trouble with my credit card and stuff, so they let me do that) and they asked for full payment.
    (I got the same shock this month too >_<)
  • KattoSHSL Magical GirlSuper High School Level
    Katto
    • No
    • 5 years ago
    • Melbourne, Australia
    5 years ago
    ghirahim (5 years ago)If you ask, they might let you do a manual payment via paypal (I was having trouble with my credit card and stuff, so they let me do that) and they asked for full payment.
    (I got the same shock this month too >_<)

I'll keep that in mind, thanks :>
    http://media.tumblr.com/7d601def965bf263c09d71a0ba08d16d/tumblr_inline_mppd2cfU0k1s0iq8v.gifhttp://media.tumblr.com/b9718baf802c5b0076333e0afc31214c/tumblr_inline_mppd2g9rzN1s0iq8v.gifhttp://media.tumblr.com/f977dc76a89e38ec46ad536f56a43b94/tumblr_inline_mppdqnZXNe1s0iq8v.gif
    Welcome to Despair~
  • 140 replies
  • Join the club to join the discussion.