Tales of Fan ClubTales of Symphonia Chronicles

• Take
    TakeVirile Insatiable BeastVery Important Boarder • lv25
    Offline370 replies
    6 years ago • Updated 6 years ago
    Hello everyone,

Obviously everyone is this club is aware by now that last month was released on PS3 a HD remaster version of Tales of Symphonia and its sequel Dawn of the New World.

http://gematsu.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/ToS-Chronicles-Announce-Logo.jpg

Did you buy the game? What do you think about it? What are your progress so far?

As far as I'm concerned, I have been playing it kinda slowly given the fact that I used to rush Tales games in a few days. I managed to play it again this weekend and I'm now just where the 2nd CD used to begin in that good old NGC version, that's to say
    View spoilerHide spoilerwhen that giant tree go rampage and destroy about a quarter of all in-game locations..
    Sadly, I have to admit I'm taking a little bit less pleasure playing ToS now that I used to back in 2004 but hey, that was to be expected. I mean, the battle system looks very OLD now. The lack of free-run is incredibly frustrating when you have been accustomed to use it in the new installments. At a pinch you can deal with it when controlling an agile character or when there are lots of ennemies in the battlefield and thus lots of possible trajectories. But try controlling Genis and Raine when there is just one single ennemy that is tall enough so that you can't jump over him. If that opponent manage to wedge you in a corner of the battlefield, you're basically screwed. Another thing that has not aged well is the limitation of only one medium or advanced spell at the same time on the battlefield. It makes Genis very annoying to use if you depend on artes for healing.

But oh well, these drawbacks are not enough to spoil the whole game whose storyline and characters are still great. It has been a pleasure to reunite with the team, even though my opinion on characters has changed through time. I used to find Colette and Regal very annoying for some reasons whereas now I think they are great characters. I used to worship Genis and Zelos when now I find them irritating. Zelos' gallantry skill that allows him to strip girls out of their possessions is still awesome though.
    I'm still in love with Sheena, Presea and Raine though, this has not changed over the years. I wanted to stay out of mainstream opinions, but I have to admit that Kratos is also seriously starting to grow on me too :)

Gosh, I still have LOTS of things to say about this game, but I will stop here for now in order to let you guys a chance to join in the discussion too :)

One final thought though: I can't believe that Namdai decided to fix the tech glitch AND the goldmine dragon in the temple of Earth. I'm sure none of us didn't even realize that the dragon that gave 10 000 gald was a bug to begin with.
    Do they even play their own game? I mean, they just killed 2 of the best things in this game, and I mean no overstatement here. Now you'll have to choose between Absolute/Prism Stars and the advanced spells such as Explode, Cyclone or Indignation. Not to mention that if you choose the totally reasonable Absolute path, you'll have to give up on Genis mystic arte now that the tech glitch isn't working anymore. Seriously Namdai? :(
    I can't believe they fixed this but left alone that horrendous semi-glitch that basically completely messed up the first part of the game (Sylvarant) if you are clumsy enough to go across an invisible line on the map. Sorry, I had to rant about this :(
  • WindsorSeven
    WindsorSevenSHSL VegoneVery Important Boarder • lv34
    Offline2,089 replies
    6 years ago
    I haven't started playing yet :o Honestly I won't start for a while...like a long while lol, but I'm still excited!
    Ahhhh I forgot Abyss was the first game with free run (I think?). Only one spell at a time? Does that mean you can't have a mage casting and a healer healing at once? Playing this is going to be interesting then... Well, at any rate, it can't be worse than Phantasia right lol?
    Funny how your taste in characters changed though. It's always weird when that happens. I used to think little kid characters were the most annoying and useless things ever, and then I played Abyss and who became my favorite character? Anise! Now I love all the Tales lolis lol.
    https://s33.postimg.cc/glsls0fy7/image.png
  • Take
    Offline370 replies
    6 years ago
    How come you won't be playing it anytime soon? Did you play the original one almost 10 years ago?

Yes, I think Abyss is the first one with free run. However Tales of Symphonia is I believe the only game with a 3D battle system that doesn't have it. I love how Graces made free-run almost useless though.

WindsorDoes that mean you can't have a mage casting and a healer healing at once?

That's not quite it. I'll try to be as clear as possible but I'm afraid it will be one of those moments I struggle because english isn't my first language. Let's give a shot: you can have two characters (or more) preparing magic in the same time but they can't unleash their magic together. The second one has to wait that all the effect of the first one's magic has disappeared before he will be able to unleash his own spell. Besides, the spell preparation of the second character is being put on a hiatus during the whole time the spell of the first caster is unleashed so if the first character is able to cast very fast, he could actually cast 2 or 3 times before the second one unleash his first spell. So yeah, if the second caster is your healer, it could be too late before he is able to heal your party. All the more as this healer can of course be interrupted at any moment which will happen if the spell is delayed too much.
    To be fair though, this applies to medium and advanced spells only since basic ones like Fireball can be used at any moment and don't care about priorities. And you can live with it as long as you don't use Angel spells because these ones take forever to cast and thus can be delayed a lot due this mechanic. I hope this was clear >.<
    I haven't played Phantasia yet although I own it, so I wouldn't know. But I wouldn't be surprised if this whole thing I just explained is actually although true for Phantasia x)

I know right? I mean, I knew I wasn't gonna like Zelos this time around because the OAVs prepared me for that. Besides, when I played this 10 years ago (!), the whole japanese entertainment thing was new to me and I didn't know that Zelos was actually very cliché and not original at all.
    Genis though... I didn't see that one coming. But when I think about it, it's not that surprising: I was the same age as him back then so of course it would create some kind of connection.
    Do you like lolis because they are lolis or it's just a coincidence and you find their characters interesting in each game? Is Presea a loli? I was wondering lol.
  • karaya
    karayaRegular Boarder • lv16
    Offline13 replies
    6 years ago
    I've got mixed emotions about playing it, i kinda want to play and i dont...
    Back in the days when i played it on Gamecube i enjoyed it immensely, but i also... didnt understand anything, well maybe like half of it? More like 1/3 honestly My english was reaaaally bad back then, proof: took me 8 months to finish Final Fantasy VIII with a strategy guide and a French/English dictionary by my side! D:
    So i have my memories of the GC version that i dont want to ruin, but at the same time OMG YES! I get to understand it fully!
    Yea i know, it sounds pretty darn stupid, but it could be compared to when we were watching cartoons as kids, remembered they we're epic, and now as a grown up it makes you think "Wooooooaaaaah ...what did i like about this again?"
    Ack, shoot me, this is so dumb ><
  • Take
    Offline370 replies
    6 years ago
    That's not dumb at all! I totally understand how you're feeling. I was actually so excited by this new release that I didn't think at all and just started playing it again. However, I'm certain that I had taken time to consider a bit, I would have experienced the same apprehension you are currently feeling. ToS is my very first J-RPG, it's this very game that made me feel eager to discover many more of them. As such, it will always hold a special place in my gaming experience. What if playing it again now would just destroy all these good memories? I mean, I was 13 back then, I'm now 23 since a few days. So many things have changed!

... And yet exploring Sylvarant & Tethe'alla still feels good. I can't deny that it's a totally different experience compared to 2004. The game is old, its mechanics too, and I can now realize that some aspects of it are not that unique now that I have a better understanding of J-RPGs in general. However, these drawbacks are offset by all the nostalgia ermerging from this new playthrough. Suddenly good old memories are coming back all over again and I believe this is priceless. So yeah, you should definitely not be afraid and just insert that game in your PS3 and let the show begin :)

On a different topic, you made me curious about it works in Canada. Usually, do you get the NA release? The European one for french language? Or both? Or a special release for you?
  • Rai27
    Rai27Regular Boarder • lv6
    Offline6 replies
    6 years ago
    I've only played Vesperia, Graces f, and Xillia so far. I'm wondering if ToS: Chronicles is worth getting even though I've never played ToS before.
  • Take
    Offline370 replies
    I don't understand, if you have never played ToS before, shouldn't that be precisely why it's worth for you to buy this new edition?
    It's the same game, only with somewhat better resolution + additional artes and quests. So you should definitely use this port as an opportunity to discover this Tales of :)

Oh, and by the way, welcome to the club AND to MFC :) Please feel free to join any discussion or the club room chat.
  • WindsorSeven
    WindsorSevenSHSL VegoneVery Important Boarder • lv34
    Offline2,089 replies
    Take6 years ago#2057450How come you won't be playing it anytime soon? Did you play the original one almost 10 years ago?

Yes, I think Abyss is the first one with free run. However Tales of Symphonia is I believe the only game with a 3D battle system that doesn't have it. I love how Graces made free-run almost useless though.

WindsorDoes that mean you can't have a mage casting and a healer healing at once?

That's not quite it. I'll try to be as clear as possible but I'm afraid it will be one of those moments I struggle because english isn't my first language. Let's give a shot: you can have two characters (or more) preparing magic in the same time but they can't unleash their magic together. The second one has to wait that all the effect of the first one's magic has disappeared before he will be able to unleash his own spell. Besides, the spell preparation of the second character is being put on a hiatus during the whole time the spell of the first caster is unleashed so if the first character is able to cast very fast, he could actually cast 2 or 3 times before the second one unleash his first spell. So yeah, if the second caster is your healer, it could be too late before he is able to heal your party. All the more as this healer can of course be interrupted at any moment which will happen if the spell is delayed too much.
    To be fair though, this applies to medium and advanced spells only since basic ones like Fireball can be used at any moment and don't care about priorities. And you can live with it as long as you don't use Angel spells because these ones take forever to cast and thus can be delayed a lot due this mechanic. I hope this was clear >.<
    I haven't played Phantasia yet although I own it, so I wouldn't know. But I wouldn't be surprised if this whole thing I just explained is actually although true for Phantasia x)

I know right? I mean, I knew I wasn't gonna like Zelos this time around because the OAVs prepared me for that. Besides, when I played this 10 years ago (!), the whole japanese entertainment thing was new to me and I didn't know that Zelos was actually very cliché and not original at all.
    Genis though... I didn't see that one coming. But when I think about it, it's not that surprising: I was the same age as him back then so of course it would create some kind of connection.
    Do you like lolis because they are lolis or it's just a coincidence and you find their characters interesting in each game? Is Presea a loli? I was wondering lol.

I didn't play it when it first came out, nor did I play the second on the Wii. My reason isn't very interesting, but basically my stuff gets shipped home while I'm at school, but my PS3 stays at the house we live in during the school year, so at the very least I won't have the two items together until school starts again in September. Buuuut if X2 comes out before that, then it has priority. I play games veeeery slowly, so I probably wouldn't be finished with X2 until October (if it's as short as X1) or November (if it's longer like Graces). So yeah, I won't be starting ToS for a while either way D:
    I've said it before, but I'll say it again - Graces' battle system is the best. It blows all the other games out of the water in that department. But this is off topic :p
    I think I get what you're saying. Basically, if someone casted Tidal Wave (for example) the other person would have to wait until that arte is completely over before releasing theirs? But they can still be interrupted in the mean time? Don't worry, your English has nothing to do with my lack of understanding (actually it's really good, I can't tell you're a foreign speaker at all). It's more like this isn't a problem in any of the other games I've played, so I don't really know what to compare it to.
    Oh you should play Phantasia immediately! I thought I would be turned off by the old graphics or outdated battle system, but I really love the game, especially all the "little things" through out it (like Cress' reaction when you interact with a fireplace, or the sweat drops that appear above your head when you're in the desert). The only problem I can think of is that when someone releases an arte (any, healing or normal) the whole screen stops and plays the animation. It's a real combo killer. Plus if you equip one of the mages with a Mystic Symbol they'll cast like 5 times a battle, so you barely get to do anything at all lol. I'm really surprised they didn't fix that for the PSP version. You should look up the PSP version's opening as well. It's my second favorite Tales OP.
    Is he cliche in a general sense or in a Tales sense? I know the series is filled with cliches and tropes, but I still find the games to be immensely enjoyable so I think they handle their characters in a good way.
    Hmmm...half and half I guess lol? If there's a loli I will always pay attention to her character first/more, but regarding Tales, it really helps that they've all been amazing (that might be pushing it lol, but I really like them!) characters as well. I know most people find Anise annoying, but I thought she was cute and strong, with an attitude to match. How can you not like a little girl who yells "I'll kill you bastards!" Also her design was perfect! Thank you Fujishima :DDD! Sophie alfjskdfj hnnnnggg, where do I even begin? Her voice was perfect, her hair was perfect (her outfit took a little getting used to, as did all of theirs) her personality was perfect, everything! She was so cute! I'm still upset she wasn't the love interest D: Elize is very different from the other two, but still amazing and very cute! Thank you again Fujishima! Did you know they almost didn't include her in the game? What a loss that would have been. I mean, who would kiss Alvin xD?! I'm glad she had her own little story in Xillia, unlike Leia and to a lesser extent Rowen. Preasa is not a loli!! She's definitely a femme fatale, like Judith. I thought you meant Presa from Xillia lol. Umm, I don't know. Looking at her wiki, I see she's 12 but actually 28 or something? So I wouldn't really count her as one... I don't even consider Arietta a loli. She looks like one (a very cute one!) but she's 16. This whole paragraph is very off topic lolol, but at least I didn't say "cute" as much as I was thinking it XD

karaya6 years agoI've got mixed emotions about playing it, i kinda want to play and i dont...
    Back in the days when i played it on Gamecube i enjoyed it immensely, but i also... didnt understand anything, well maybe like half of it? More like 1/3 honestly My english was reaaaally bad back then, proof: took me 8 months to finish Final Fantasy VIII with a strategy guide and a French/English dictionary by my side! D:
    So i have my memories of the GC version that i dont want to ruin, but at the same time OMG YES! I get to understand it fully!
    Yea i know, it sounds pretty darn stupid, but it could be compared to when we were watching cartoons as kids, remembered they we're epic, and now as a grown up it makes you think "Wooooooaaaaah ...what did i like about this again?"
    Ack, shoot me, this is so dumb ><

Regarding the whole "things aren't as good as you remember them" ordeal, I find this to be half and half. A while ago I decided to re-watch a few series from my childhood and I found that some of them were still entertaining, or even more so than before. Unfortunately there were also a few that just...no lol. I ruined a few childhood memories, but I also rediscovered my love for others, so it evened out.
    https://s33.postimg.cc/glsls0fy7/image.png
  • Mikaino
    MikainoGoing to Gencon!Regular Boarder • lv22
    Offline512 replies
    6 years ago
    Rai276 years ago#2059651I've only played Vesperia, Graces f, and Xillia so far. I'm wondering if ToS: Chronicles is worth getting even though I've never played ToS before.
    Every Tales game is worth playing! /copout answer

But seriously, it's definitely worth getting. It's got a great storyline (And while people don't like 2, I actually thought it had a decent story..), and while graphics are naturally still going to be outdated, I think that's the easiest thing to look past. :3
    I play FFXIV!
    Faerie Server, Rieze Maxia.
  • Rai27
    Rai27Regular Boarder • lv6
    Offline6 replies
    6 years ago
    Take6 years ago#2059736I don't understand, if you have never played ToS before, shouldn't that be precisely why it's worth for you to buy this new edition?
    It's the same game, only with somewhat better resolution + additional artes and quests. So you should definitely use this port as an opportunity to discover this Tales of :)

Oh, and by the way, welcome to the club AND to MFC :) Please feel free to join any discussion or the club room chat.

Thanks thanks! I was thinking that it would only be worth it for the nostalgia factor since the battle system's pretty outdated. I'll probably get a copy within the week. Thanks for the advice. ^___^

Mikaino6 years ago#2060293Rai276 years ago#2059651I've only played Vesperia, Graces f, and Xillia so far. I'm wondering if ToS: Chronicles is worth getting even though I've never played ToS before.
    Every Tales game is worth playing! /copout answer

But seriously, it's definitely worth getting. It's got a great storyline (And while people don't like 2, I actually thought it had a decent story..), and while graphics are naturally still going to be outdated, I think that's the easiest thing to look past. :3

Graphics aren't really a big deal as long as the gameplay and story are nice. At least, for JRPGs. Suikoden 2 for life. TT____TT
  • karaya
    Offline13 replies
    6 years ago
    Take6 years ago#2059643That's not dumb at all! I totally understand how you're feeling. I was actually so excited by this new release that I didn't think at all and just started playing it again. However, I'm certain that I had taken time to consider a bit, I would have experienced the same apprehension you are currently feeling. ToS is my very first J-RPG, it's this very game that made me feel eager to discover many more of them. As such, it will always hold a special place in my gaming experience. What if playing it again now would just destroy all these good memories? I mean, I was 13 back then, I'm now 23 since a few days. So many things have changed!

... And yet exploring Sylvarant & Tethe'alla still feels good. I can't deny that it's a totally different experience compared to 2004. The game is old, its mechanics too, and I can now realize that some aspects of it are not that unique now that I have a better understanding of J-RPGs in general. However, these drawbacks are offset by all the nostalgia ermerging from this new playthrough. Suddenly good old memories are coming back all over again and I believe this is priceless. So yeah, you should definitely not be afraid and just insert that game in your PS3 and let the show begin :)

On a different topic, you made me curious about it works in Canada. Usually, do you get the NA release? The European one for french language? Or both? Or a special release for you?

I've always wanted to replay through ToS but everytime ....Eeeek! Gamecube controller.... DO NOT WANT! So it's also a good opportunity to enjoy the game, even more playing with a playstation controller!
    So yeeaaaa, gotta find some free time somewhere !
    We get the NA release, never cared to check if there was french track/subs on any game. *Shrugs* I know some do but i dont think Bandai Namco games does, beside HEY great news!: Made me learn english! Who says video games makes people dumb? :|
  • Take
    Offline370 replies
    6 years ago
    WindsorSeven6 years ago
    Oh I see, I basically assumed everyone has played ToS in their life, but of course that was dumb. Well, Tales of Symphonia is immensely popular in Europe for having been the first Tales of ever released in our territory but I always fail to remember that he is not as symbolic in Japan or NA.
    I know your feel, bro. For long I haven't been able to play video games for the same reason, and I still have some waiting since then (The Last Story for instance).
    Yes, yes, triple yes. Graces' battle system IS the best. Go away MPs, and please never come back. I know Graces is not the first one to use CC, but they are a great gameplay addition. The whole moving-with-slides thing was also pretty dynamic. That's a small detail, but I also liked the small loading gauge for spells.
    Yep, you got it, that's exactly how it works. Thanks for praising my english, I do appreciate it. (I know you have better things to do and that we are not in a grammar website, but please don't hesitate to tell me if I make huge mistakes or say something that really doesn't sound english at all. I would actually enjoy it since I know I still have room for improvement).
    Ok, I'll follow your advice and move to Phantasia as soon as I will be over with Bravely Default and Pokemon X. To tell the truth, I'm afraid I won't like it because of random encounters and old stuff like this, but I guess I won't know until I try :)
    I'll gladly look at this opening tonight. What's your favourite one?
    Cliché in the general sense, I would say. I can't think about another Tales character that exhibits the same behavior, which is a good thing, now that you mention it. However, animes and japanese entertainement in general are filled with guys that humps everything that moves and it's getting boring in my opinion. I mean, it's often only for comic relief and I like to see some seriousness when relationships are involved.
    But you're right, Tales characters are really good. Except for Xillia, all of them benefit from a lot of character-development which is rare and immensely enjoyable. To be fair, I'm being too harsh on that poor Zelos because he is a pretty deep character beside his female addiction.

Off-topic:View spoilerHide spoilerAnise in TotA is incredible. It was love at first sight between me and her. Okay she is a little bit bratty, but come on, she is 12. She is funny (some of her spell incantations are hilarious) and manage to bring some intense moments with Arietta, her parents or Ion. Not to mention she is a formidable foe on the battlefield, it's almost shameful Natalia was in the same game as her, otherwise I would have been controling Anise all the time. Elize, on the other hand... That character had immense potential, I totally agree on that. But I feel she got the Xillia treatment, that's to say her development has been insufficient and botched. And I'll never forgive her for what she did to Teepo in the end. Never.
    Sophie... <3 I would go on a world campaign just to spread love for her. I have to thank her american voice actor for making her so cute though. Now that's what I call chara-development. Sophie grew and learned life along the player and that makes her incredibly endearing.
    If your criteria is age rather than look, then yes, count Presea off. She does have a little bit of Anise with her axe, though :p
    Oh my, you were right, loli really are interesting to discuss lol.

Rai276 years agoThanks thanks! I was thinking that it would only be worth it for the nostalgia factor since the battle system's pretty outdated.

It's a matter of fact that it is outdated, but it's not that bad. You have 8 characters to choose from so surely you'll find one with a battle style you enjoy.

karaya6 years agoI've always wanted to replay through ToS but everytime ....Eeeek! Gamecube controller.... DO NOT WANT! So it's also a good opportunity to enjoy the game, even more playing with a playstation controller!
    So yeeaaaa, gotta find some free time somewhere !
    We get the NA release, never cared to check if there was french track/subs on any game. *Shrugs* I know some do but i dont think Bandai Namco games does, beside HEY great news!: Made me learn english! Who says video games makes people dumb? :|

Oh, I love gamecube controller, I think there are the best, especially that Wawebird wireless thing.
    I see, so that's how it goes. And for manga, how does it work? Do you have the french one or do you have your own publishers? Here in Luxembourg it's a real mess, we have french, belgien and german releases all along in shops, it depends on the product.
  • karaya
    Offline13 replies
    6 years ago
    Take6 years ago#2062036
    Oh, I love gamecube controller, I think there are the best, especially that Wawebird wireless thing.
    I see, so that's how it goes. And for manga, how does it work? Do you have the french one or do you have your own publishers? Here in Luxembourg it's a real mess, we have french, belgien and german releases all along in shops, it depends on the product.

I dont know about other provinces but in QC we have both french and english mangas. We have a lot of french only library, seems to be hard to find books in english tho if you're outside Montreal ? I prefer my mangas in english because the french translation are from EU and French "Europe" SO NOT the same thing as French "Canada" so there's expressions that leave me with a "Hmmm.... what?"
    But hey we're totally going out of context now arent we ? ^^;
  • kippy666
    kippy666Regular Boarder • lv17
    Offline97 replies
    Take6 years ago#2055222
    Did you buy the game? What do you think about it? What are your progress so far?
    I'm like half an hour into the game /o\ I've hardly had the time to play it but I'm considering attempting to get the platnuim x'DDDD
  • Take
    Offline370 replies
    6 years ago
    kippy6666 years ago#2065484Take6 years ago#2055222
    I'm like half an hour into the game /o\ I've hardly had the time to play it but I'm considering attempting to get the platnuim x'DDDD

Thanks for your input :)
    I'm intending to aim at the platinium trophy as well, but honestly that's probably just folly. I don't really have that much experience regarding trophies for other games, but I think this one must be among the hardest ever. I mean, you have to go through 5 playthroughs simply for completing the compendium if I remember correctly. However the compendium is what, maybe 10% of the platinium? lolilol. I can't see that happening before at least 10 years ah ah.
  • kippy666
    Offline97 replies
    6 years ago
    Take6 years ago#2066213Thanks for your input :)
    I'm intending to aim at the platinium trophy as well, but honestly that's probably just folly. I don't really have that much experience regarding trophies for other games, but I think this one must be among the hardest ever. I mean, you have to go through 5 playthroughs simply for completing the compendium if I remember correctly. However the compendium is what, maybe 10% of the platinium? lolilol. I can't see that happening before at least 10 years ah ah.
    We can help each other!! I'm not confident either, the Xillia platinum was so easy to get, the Xillia 2 trophy looks a bit difficult but I think if you know how to get the trophies in the first game it shouldn't be too hard.
    I heard grinding for grade in Symphonia is -awful-, I'm going to chip away at the game very slowly!
  • Take
    Offline370 replies
    6 years ago
    I would enjoy that :D
    Hmm, I don't know about the grinding stuff. Sure, you lose a LOT of grades early on in the game, but later on you can also winning some quite easily by quickly defeating quick ennemies. Also, the option to take over compendium and other collector things are very cheap in the grade shop. I think the title one is quite expensive, but is there a trophy for all titles? I'm not aware of the full list of trophies.
    If titles are also part of it, well we are doomed lol. I'm almost certain I remember back from NGC Tales of Symphonia that most characters as a title that he will earn only if you never die/never use item/never run/never change equipment until late points in the story. It's not even the core difficulty of the deed, but if you just forget ONCE, you're screwed and have to start everything over. Not to mention that you don't get the title if the corresponding character is not in your battle team at the appropriate time in the playthough >.<
    Also Sheena's title for opening every single chests in the game, including those that are missable... No, I don't even want to think about this lol.
  • kippy666
    Offline97 replies
    Take6 years ago#2066319I hadn't looked at any of Sheena's titles!! Oh wow! That's crazy, how is someome supposed to do that when she doesn't appear that early in the game D: Are you supposed to ignore all the chests until she appears?! If so then I'll have to do it in another play through.
    Well here's the trophy list www.playstation...
    And here's the list of titles for everyone strategywiki.or...
  • karaya
    Offline13 replies
    6 years ago
    Take6 years ago#2066319Also Sheena's title for opening every single chests in the game, including those that are missable... No, I don't even want to think about this lol.

I wouldnt be able to do that, i see a chest, I HAVE to open it. Even when i open one and it says i cant because my inventory is full i will either use the item or discard it do i can loot the darn chest, it's an OCD methink D:
  • Take
    Offline370 replies
    6 years ago
    karaya6 years agoI wouldnt be able to do that, i see a chest, I HAVE to open it. Even when i open one and it says i cant because my inventory is full i will either use the item or discard it do i can loot the darn chest, it's an OCD methink D:

I do the exact same thing ah ah. Except for the few fake ones. That one in Efreet's temple can easily wipe out your entire party when you first encounter it.

kippy6666 years agoTake6 years ago#2066319I hadn't looked at any of Sheena's titles!! Oh wow! That's crazy, how is someome supposed to do that when she doesn't appear that early in the game D: Are you supposed to ignore all the chests until she appears?! If so then I'll have to do it in another play through.
    Well here's the trophy list www.playstation...
    And here's the list of titles for everyone strategywiki.or...

Don't worry, I don't think you have to open every chest with Sheena on-screen. You do have to set her as the field character when you speak to that annoying Katz though. However, some chests are well hidden behind camera's dead angles so that's really not an easy task.
    Thanks for the link! I'm relieved, the secret trophies are not that hard at all, even though you do have to get all titles...
    I had forgotten about that particular one though: "You obtained one million casino chips!". I'm sorry, but this one cannot be completed in one single human's life, so it seems we'll have to pass that mission to our children and never see that platinium with our own eyes :/
  • Join the club to join the discussion.
  • 37 replies