HomeForumsThread #8863

Kingdom Hearts ClubWhat is your favorite KH game?

What is your favorite KH game?

• 0%Kingdom Hearts
  • 0%Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories
  • 79%Kingdom Hearts II
  • 0%Kingdom Hearts: Coded
  • 5%Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days
  • 16%Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep
  • 0%Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance
  • 19 votesVotes are public

5 replies

• 5 replies
  • TakeVirile Insatiable BeastVery Important Boarder
    Take
    • No
    • 8 years ago
    • France, Luxembourg
    3 years ago • Updated 3 years ago
    Hello guys :D
    What better way to start getting to know each other than talking about your favorite KH game? So here is a simple poll.

As far as I am concerned, it is Kingdom Hearts II. I loved the gameplay in that game, notably the Drive feature that I hope will come back at some point. I also really loved the story, especially Roxas' part and the Organization XIII. So many feeling in Kingdom Hearts II! I think KHII managed to correct every single weakness of the first game and this is partly why I enjoyed it so much.

Your turn now :D

(the Final Mixes and other remaster versions like Re-Com or Re-Coded are considered as only one entry with their original games for this poll, to avoid spreading the votes too much between games with similar stories)
  • Wario54Regular Boarder
    Wario54
    • No
    • 6 years ago
    • NYC, USA
    3 years ago
    1. KH2
    2. BBS
    3. KH1

I agree, 2 had the best story and gameplay, and I love BBS for building on the battle system to make it even better (even if my command deck is heavily populated by cure spells, hehe). The first also has fantastic gameplay though, and tbh I miss some of the elements that made it unique. The story was also a lot simpler back then, lol.

I also like Chain of Memories and 3D but they aren't as good as the others. The drop system in 3D is such a pain, especially in the middle of boss battles! >.< Seriously, whose idea was that?? View spoilerHide spoilerNot to mention by the end I could barely keep track of all the Xehanorts, lol. Anyway, here's hoping KH3 tops the list! :D
  • TakeVirile Insatiable BeastVery Important Boarder
    Take
    • No
    • 8 years ago
    • France, Luxembourg
    3 years ago • Updated 3 years ago
    Wario54 (3 years ago) #25591521. KH2
    2. BBS
    3. KH1

I agree, 2 had the best story and gameplay, and I love BBS for building on the battle system to make it even better (even if my command deck is heavily populated by cure spells, hehe). The first also has fantastic gameplay though, and tbh I miss some of the elements that made it unique. The story was also a lot simpler back then, lol.

I also like Chain of Memories and 3D but they aren't as good as the others. The drop system in 3D is such a pain, especially in the middle of boss battles! >.< Seriously, whose idea was that?? View spoilerHide spoilerNot to mention by the end I could barely keep track of all the Xehanorts, lol. Anyway, here's hoping KH3 tops the list! :D

I have always found BBS's gameplay to be extremely good, but now that I'm replaying KHII I find it even better. It's such a pain (and dangerous) to browse through the command menu while in the middle of a battle in KHII in order to select a summon, a cooperation, a drive or even worse an item. The shortcuts really help but only four of them for all the spells and items isn't enough at all lol.

I'm curious, what elements did you refer as "fantastic gameplay" in the first game?

OMG that drop system... it was always a pain, to be honest. I have to admit that being able to play the two storylines in the same time was kinda good, but each time a drop occurred I was so pissed lol. By using the end stage bonus you could drastically delay the moment a drop would occur, but on the other hand it also meant that when you finally switch back to the other character you don't remember what you were doing at that time lol. I also agree with you that the story of 3D was incredibly (and probably unnecessary) complicated. Tbh I'm not sure I have understood anything that happened during the game lol. But I don't really mind it as long as the gameplay is good and if it makes me forget for a little while that I have been waiting for KHIII for years lol.
  • Wario54Regular Boarder
    Wario54
    • No
    • 6 years ago
    • NYC, USA
    3 years ago
    Take (3 years ago) #2579014I have always found BBS's gameplay to be extremely good, but now that I'm replaying KHII I find it even better. It's such a pain (and dangerous) to browse through the command menu while in the middle of a battle in KHII in order to select a summon, a cooperation, a drive or even worse an item. The shortcuts really help but only four of them for all the spells and items isn't enough at all lol.

I'm curious, what elements did you refer as "fantastic gameplay" in the first game?

OMG that drop system... it was always a pain, to be honest. I have to admit that being able to play the two storylines in the same time was kinda good, but each time a drop occurred I was so pissed lol. By using the end stage bonus you could drastically delay the moment a drop would occur, but on the other hand it also meant that when you finally switch back to the other character you don't remember what you were doing at that time lol. I also agree with you that the story of 3D was incredibly (and probably unnecessary) complicated. Tbh I'm not sure I have understood anything that happened during the game lol. But I don't really mind it as long as the gameplay is good and if it makes me forget for a little while that I have been waiting for KHIII for years lol.

I still need to get 2.5. Only reason I haven't is because of figures. ;__; I'm sure BBS looks great in HD...

The thing is I didn't like KH1 much when I first played it. The series seemed so overrated to me so I eventually dropped it only to pick up Birth by Sleep a while later because I felt like giving it another shot. That had me thinking the battle system was so improved that I could get into the other games, so I played 2 and also loved that one. So at this point, since I had become such a big fan, I figured I had to get 1.5 to add to the collection.

Replaying it with more of an open mind instead of thinking "everybody loves this so it better be amazing" really opened my eyes to how much of a dumbass I had been during my first playthrough. First off, I felt like the environments were more boring in 2 and BBS. Lion King and Stitch are favorites of mine but I didn't get much out of those worlds. Then there's the challenge of the MP gauge. It gave me a hard time when I first started playing but I realized how much I missed it in replay. Abilities also used to be pretty easy to use by just spending points, whereas nowadays you have to test them out by trading a slot in your deck. Lastly, there's the Gummi Ship. It was ambitious for an action RPG and as annoying as it can be, it kinda grew on me once I got the hang of building a good (but ugly) ship.

I guess what I'm saying is I missed how fun and innovative KH1 really was the first time, and though BBS and KH2 did better with the formula, KH1 was a very strong start.

Yeah, I would always use drop bonuses and pray they would last until I was finished with the boss, haha. The inclusion of the TWEWY characters was at least something special! Joshua is as clever as always... View spoilerHide spoilerAlso seeing dear Roxas and Aqua. Poor babies.

(lol I wonder how many years it'll be until KH3. At this rate I won't expect an update at E3.)
  • GonalexRegular Boarder
    Gonalex
    • No
    • 2 years ago
    • Greece
    8 months ago
    Kingdom Hearts 2 Final mix is the most wholesome thing ever released into existence
  • 5 replies
  • Join the club to join the discussion.