Figure Site and Shop ForumBuyee Help

• nanadayolo
    nanadayoloRegular Boarder • lv8
    Offline2 replies
    5 years ago
    Hi MFC!

First off sorry if this is the wrong place to post this.

So recently I've used Buyee and lets just say I've bought a few things through them. So now there are multiple orders waiting in their warehouse, to be shipped to me, this is where i'm not sure about:

So, I have paid for the item + shipping to the warehouse. So I will need to pay for additional shipping for it to actually leave the warehouse correct?

If that is the case, is there anyway to combine the total shipping of multiple orders, and if so can you please explain how?

Thankyou :)
  • hikaridranz
    hikaridranzVery Important Boarder • lv26
    Offline578 replies
    5 years ago
    nanadayolo5 years ago#3060422
    So, I have paid for the item + shipping to the warehouse. So I will need to pay for additional shipping for it to actually leave the warehouse correct?

If that is the case, is there anyway to combine the total shipping of multiple orders, and if so can you please explain how?

Thankyou :)

Yes, the first one is domestic delivery within Japan, not exactly shipping. What you will have to pay for next will be the shipping to you.

They actually have a visual guide in their FAQ: buyee.jp/help/y...
    in short, combine your packages with the 'Add Package Consolidation'
    Feel free to PM me if you need MFC-related help, or check out Language Sandwich club for help with translations
  • nanadayolo
    nanadayoloRegular Boarder • lv8
    Offline2 replies
    5 years ago
    Thankyou so much! I should have looked harder haha
  • Kazkari
    KazkariRegular Boarder • lv13
    Offline20 replies
    4 years ago
    Hi I decided to go back to their site again since they are doing more cheaper shipping now but after consolidating some packages I can't seem to send them via SAL small packet, the things only weigh about 1k. Personally I think they are lying about the weight and size. Basically they cancelled be sending it and now the money is on hold in Paypal, I really hate how awkward Buyee is.

I got this item
    ITEM #38035
    ITEM #134517 this but metal
    ITEM #299127
    ITEM #15837
    ITEM #15838
    ITEM #15839
    ITEM #139583
  • DevaCarell
    DevaCarellRegular Boarder • lv8
    Offline23 replies
    4 years ago • Updated 4 years ago
    Kazkari4 years ago#6040097Hi I decided to go back to their site again since they are doing more cheaper shipping now but after consolidating some packages I can't seem to send them via SAL small packet, the things only weigh about 1k. Personally I think they are lying about the weight and size. Basically they cancelled be sending it and now the money is on hold in Paypal, I really hate how awkward Buyee is.

I got this item
    ITEM #38035
    ITEM #134517 this but metal
    ITEM #299127
    ITEM #15837
    ITEM #15838
    ITEM #15839
    ITEM #139583

Problem with buyee is that they don't open the packages when they consolidate, they just throw them all in their original packages into a one big package, that's why you should almost never use their consolidate service. Now that their other fees have gone down, buyee is good for when you have like one figure you want to buy and have the money for ems shipping, otherwise i would go with fromjapan. And yeah the shipping cancellation sucks, since you have to wait like a week to get your money back and paypal takes a cut so you dont even get the same amount back lol.
  • DevaCarell
    DevaCarellRegular Boarder • lv8
    Offline23 replies
    4 years ago
    Reminder to all never to use buyee.jp package consolidate. I just lost 2k yen by consolidating few clothings and a nendoroid. By that i mean if i had shipped them indivitually, it would have costed me 2k less total in shippings.
  • calubin_175
    calubin_175Regular Boarder • lv9
    Offline5 replies
    4 years ago
    So with the new 0 fees for Amazon shopping, what is the catch?

Let's say if I buy three small model kits all from the same site with free domestic shipping, will they overcharge me for international small packet shipping? How about any bank transfer fees, Paypal fees and the optional Plan fee?
  • Sekhmet
    SekhmetKilling StalkingRegular Boarder • lv27
    Offline1,179 replies
    4 years ago
    I know this thread is kind of dead but..........I have a ton of packages with Buyee right now from YJA. I would like to combine them but I know in the end it may not be worth it (previous experience with them). So I wanted to know if anyone could help me figure out what would be the best option for me? I have several manga and then the rest are tapestries/posters.
  • SkyBlue
    SkyBlueVery Important Boarder • lv33
    Offline88 replies
    4 years ago
    Sekhmet4 years ago#9878027I know this thread is kind of dead but..........I have a ton of packages with Buyee right now from YJA. I would like to combine them but I know in the end it may not be worth it (previous experience with them). So I wanted to know if anyone could help me figure out what would be the best option for me? I have several manga and then the rest are tapestries/posters.
    If you have more than three packages and above the consolidation fees are fixed at 1000 yen. My last package from them, I consolidated four parcels and paid 1000 yen for consolidation fees.

If you selected the standard package, buyee will remove the original packaging and only pack the items itself to a new shipping box.
    But for your case is a little tricky since tapestries and posters are of a different size with manga. One tends to be huge and another tends to be heavy.

Best if you consolidate according to items (tapestry with poster and manga with manga) or just ship them all separately :D
  • Sekhmet
    Offline1,179 replies
    4 years ago
    SkyBlue4 years ago#10403228Sekhmet4 years ago#9878027I know this thread is kind of dead but..........I have a ton of packages with Buyee right now from YJA. I would like to combine them but I know in the end it may not be worth it (previous experience with them). So I wanted to know if anyone could help me figure out what would be the best option for me? I have several manga and then the rest are tapestries/posters.
    If you have more than three packages and above the consolidation fees are fixed at 1000 yen. My last package from them, I consolidated four parcels and paid 1000 yen for consolidation fees.

If you selected the standard package, buyee will remove the original packaging and only pack the items itself to a new shipping box.
    But for your case is a little tricky since tapestries and posters are of a different size with manga. One tends to be huge and another tends to be heavy.

Best if you consolidate according to items (tapestry with poster and manga with manga) or just ship them all separately :D

See, that's the problem with them. I have seven separate packages with them right now, all linger around 1500jpy~ shipping except for one. And the remaining one is a bundle of nine manga with shipping at 4500jpy!!!! WTF! That package is listed at 1850g. Then three of the packages are clear files (160g, 140g, & 200g). Two contain one manga each (240g each), and the last package is a small folding poster (80g). When I add that all up, shipping is estimated at 8750jpy! For clear files, a paper folded poster, and 11 manga? I don't effing think so. I think they are lying about the weight and every time I have had them consolidate they always ship in the original packaging.....which of course adds more weight. I don't know what to do ;A;
  • SkyBlue
    Offline88 replies
    4 years ago
    Sekhmet4 years ago#10422288View spoilerHide spoilerSkyBlue4 years ago#10403228Sekhmet4 years ago#9878027I know this thread is kind of dead but..........I have a ton of packages with Buyee right now from YJA. I would like to combine them but I know in the end it may not be worth it (previous experience with them). So I wanted to know if anyone could help me figure out what would be the best option for me? I have several manga and then the rest are tapestries/posters.

See, that's the problem with them. I have seven separate packages with them right now, all linger around 1500jpy~ shipping except for one. And the remaining one is a bundle of nine manga with shipping at 4500jpy!!!! WTF! That package is listed at 1850g. Then three of the packages are clear files (160g, 140g, & 200g). Two contain one manga each (240g each), and the last package is a small folding poster (80g). When I add that all up, shipping is estimated at 8750jpy! For clear files, a paper folded poster, and 11 manga? I don't effing think so. I think they are lying about the weight and every time I have had them consolidate they always ship in the original packaging.....which of course adds more weight. I don't know what to do ;A;

So far I consolidated twice and both times I received their newly repackaged shipping box without their original packaging. The first was two clear files with the 12 artcards ;) and costs 1100¥ (not including domestic shipping) + 500¥ (consolidation fee) weighted 360g. The second was four boxes of prize and trading figures which costs 2700¥ (not including domestic shipping) + 1000¥ (consolidation fee) weighted 1780g.

You may wanna try emailing them asking for advise (that's what I did previously). Maybe you can consolidate light weight and similar sized items like clear files with folding poster and the manga to be shipped as a separate package? Idk why shipping manga tends to be pricey. It's not like they weigh a ton @_@?
  • Sekhmet
    Offline1,179 replies
    4 years ago
    SkyBlue4 years ago#10510630Sekhmet4 years ago#10422288View spoilerHide spoilerSkyBlue4 years ago#10403228Sekhmet4 years ago#9878027I know this thread is kind of dead but..........I have a ton of packages with Buyee right now from YJA. I would like to combine them but I know in the end it may not be worth it (previous experience with them). So I wanted to know if anyone could help me figure out what would be the best option for me? I have several manga and then the rest are tapestries/posters.

So far I consolidated twice and both times I received their newly repackaged shipping box without their original packaging. The first was two clear files with the 12 artcards ;) and costs 1100¥ (not including domestic shipping) + 500¥ (consolidation fee) weighted 360g. The second was four boxes of prize and trading figures which costs 2700¥ (not including domestic shipping) + 1000¥ (consolidation fee) weighted 1780g.

You may wanna try emailing them asking for advise (that's what I did previously). Maybe you can consolidate light weight and similar sized items like clear files with folding poster and the manga to be shipped as a separate package? Idk why shipping manga tends to be pricey. It's not like they weigh a ton @_@?

So, I emailed them and said to remove original packaging......they said sure but that the items will lose their buffering. Whatever that is supposed to mean considering there should be packing material in there regardless. So they get back to me after the consolidation and shipping is 7548jpy! Wtf! I'm going to send them an email soon and say yeah I don't effing think so. I'm asking them why it is so expensive to ship. Removing the shipping fees from the seller to buyee (1848jpy), that leaves the shipping at 5700jpy. I really don't believe it is that expensive for 11 manga, three clear files, and one paper folded poster. And I really don't want to pay that much for shipping either, especially for those small items.
  • SkyBlue
    Offline88 replies
    4 years ago
    Sekhmet4 years ago#10626219View spoilerHide spoilerSkyBlue4 years ago#10510630Sekhmet4 years ago#10422288View spoilerHide spoilerSkyBlue4 years ago#10403228Sekhmet4 years ago#9878027I know this thread is kind of dead but..........I have a ton of packages with Buyee right now from YJA. I would like to combine them but I know in the end it may not be worth it (previous experience with them). So I wanted to know if anyone could help me figure out what would be the best option for me? I have several manga and then the rest are tapestries/posters.

So, I emailed them and said to remove original packaging......they said sure but that the items will lose their buffering. Whatever that is supposed to mean considering there should be packing material in there regardless. So they get back to me after the consolidation and shipping is 7548jpy! Wtf! I'm going to send them an email soon and say yeah I don't effing think so. I'm asking them why it is so expensive to ship. Removing the shipping fees from the seller to buyee (1848jpy), that leaves the shipping at 5700jpy. I really don't believe it is that expensive for 11 manga, three clear files, and one paper folded poster. And I really don't want to pay that much for shipping either, especially for those small items.

Shipping for manga (or books in general tend to be pricey for me so far regardless of stores idk why. Like I shipped 6 books before and it costs 5100 yen 0.o
  • Sekhmet
    Offline1,179 replies
    4 years ago
    SkyBlue4 years ago#10632976Sekhmet4 years ago#10626219View spoilerHide spoilerSkyBlue4 years ago#10510630Sekhmet4 years ago#10422288View spoilerHide spoilerSkyBlue4 years ago#10403228Sekhmet4 years ago#9878027I know this thread is kind of dead but..........I have a ton of packages with Buyee right now from YJA. I would like to combine them but I know in the end it may not be worth it (previous experience with them). So I wanted to know if anyone could help me figure out what would be the best option for me? I have several manga and then the rest are tapestries/posters.

Shipping for manga (or books in general tend to be pricey for me so far regardless of stores idk why. Like I shipped 6 books before and it costs 5100 yen 0.o

Ah yeah manga is pretty heavy but I just can't stomach giving them 5700jpy for some manga and clear files........I sent them a message to reduce the weight somehow and hopefully they can oblige. I want my manga and SL clear files ;A;
  • vash109
    vash109Regular Boarder • lv10
    Offline1 reply
    2 months ago • Updated 2 months ago
    I know that this post is old but I wanted to ask, I have 19 packages on buyee, all of them are loose model kits and figures, I asked them about the consolidation and the chance to remove the seller packaging and they told me to start the process and then later ask to remove the packaging and they will see about it, I am on the fence about it and I Just wanted to check for feedback and advise, thank you very much!

[img]pin.it/2ftHXdA[/img]
  • WhoBeDaPlaya
    WhoBeDaPlayaRegular Boarder • lv15
    Offline27 replies
    2 months ago • Updated 2 months ago
    vash1092 months ago#81382994I know that this post is old but I wanted to ask, I have 19 packages on buyee, all of them are loose model kits and figures, I asked them about the consolidation and the chance to remove the seller packaging and they told me to start the process and then later ask to remove the packaging and they will see about it, I am on the fence about it and I Just wanted to check for feedback and advise, thank you very much!
    I have done this lots of times without issues, though I always request consolidation + protective packaging. Buyee's CSRs are very easy to work with and flexible.
  • Archiwheel
    ArchiwheelRegular Boarder • lv11
    Offline10 replies
    2 months ago
    vash1092 months ago#81382994I know that this post is old but I wanted to ask, I have 19 packages on buyee, all of them are loose model kits and figures, I asked them about the consolidation and the chance to remove the seller packaging and they told me to start the process and then later ask to remove the packaging and they will see about it, I am on the fence about it and I Just wanted to check for feedback and advise, thank you very much!

[img]pin.it/2ftHXdA[/img]

I have several orders from them on the way, I used the protective packaging, which is preferable for fragile orders. It is the same price whatever the number of consolidated orders. So in your case that's a good deal. You can also ask for pictures of the items, but if you want to do so, ask for the pics BEFORE to ask for consolidation and protective packaging
  • albell26
    albell26Regular Boarder • lv7
    Offline22 replies
    24 days ago
    Echoing all the concerns for dishonest package weights: I ordered two shipments of kitkats, one came in at 1800 g and the other at 500 g. Decided to consolidate, now the total package weight is 3100. Where did that other 800 g come from? That makes 0 sense. I emailed them telling them about this discrepancy because they want to charge me 6500 yen for shipping (also I hate how how they have 0 transparency about currency conversion fees and exchange rate because no other site would have 1 USD = 100 yen without explicitly saying so).

Probably will never use them again. I wanted to avoid paying a fee per item as I purchased like 10 items from a single store and having a commission of 3000 yen just didn't sit right with me. Anyone know another reliable site that won't charge more than once per site/seller? If possible I would order from Amazon Japan directly, use Zenmarket for multiple seller consolidations, or use Tenso to buy directly from Japanese site (in this case I could not create an account on the website I wanted).
  • MeramiFan
    MeramiFanRegular Boarder • lv5
    Offline25 replies
    24 days ago • Updated 24 days ago
    albell2624 days ago#84156280Echoing all the concerns for dishonest package weights: I ordered two shipments of kitkats, one came in at 1800 g and the other at 500 g. Decided to consolidate, now the total package weight is 3100. Where did that other 800 g come from? That makes 0 sense. I emailed them telling them about this discrepancy because they want to charge me 6500 yen for shipping (also I hate how how they have 0 transparency about currency conversion fees and exchange rate because no other site would have 1 USD = 100 yen without explicitly saying so).
    Probably will never use them again. I wanted to avoid paying a fee per item as I purchased like 10 items from a single store and having a commission of 3000 yen just didn't sit right with me. Anyone know another reliable site that won't charge more than once per site/seller? If possible I would order from Amazon Japan directly, use Zenmarket for multiple seller consolidations, or use Tenso to buy directly from Japanese site (in this case I could not create an account on the website I wanted).

Is that through PayPal or direct credit card payment? 1 USD = 100 yen??? That's terrible. Criminal at higher rates (like pre-COVID). Even now, getting 100 instead of ~105.5 is pretty bad. I pay in yen and get the actual market rate (depends on your card/bank).

I recommend DEJAPAN as an alternative. No concerns about overcharging for shipping or conversion fees. They don't have a base fee, either (except for Mercari orders). Using your example of 10 items from the same store, your total fees on those items could be 0 yen, 100, or 1,000. Repacking/consolidating fee is 100 yen per listing. 10 of the same item or bulk listings count as 1. Different listings/pages are counted separately. Regardless of the situation, it's much cheaper than any alternative. And equally importantly, the service is as good as any. Check my post history for more info on DEJAPAN.
  • albell26
    albell26Regular Boarder • lv7
    Offline22 replies
    24 days ago
    MeramiFan24 days ago#84172371Is that through PayPal or direct credit card payment? 1 USD = 100 yen??? That's terrible. Criminal at higher rates (like pre-COVID). Even now, getting 100 instead of ~105.5 is pretty bad. I pay in yen and get the actual market rate (depends on your card/bank).
    I recommend DEJAPAN as an alternative. No concerns about overcharging for shipping or conversion fees. They don't have a base fee, either (except for Mercari orders). Check my post history for more info on DEJAPAN.

For example, they quote like 5000 yen for example and say that it's ~49.50 USD. This is before you checkout with card or Paypal, so I imagine it would charge the same USD in both cases. The USD amount they quoted was exactly what was charged to my bank account so the currency conversion was definitely before-hand (which is definitely just shady for a larger company -- I can excuse it for an individual proxy who might have to go through their own bank for stuff and deal with more conversions but at the very least they are transparent about it). Nowhere on their site does it mention a particular exchange rate or even that they are charging a fee for currency conversion (which they are). And yes, for stores I buy directly from like Amazon Japan or Mandarake, I always charge in yen and get very close to the market rate by using my bank's rate.

I'll check out your post. I was considering Dejapan at first but saw a very poor review of it, but considering what I was interested in buying was just chocolate where the state of the box doesn't really matter, it probably didn't make a difference either way. It seems like they would charge per store as you can add multiple items from the same store on a single shopping request which is the option I would want for this particular use-case.
  • Join the club to join the discussion.
  • 49 replies