- 743 replies
- SatheaRegular Boarder
1 month agoMan, I was excited about that Prime 1 X Megahouse Son Goku until I checked what Prime 1's prices were like, and found they're double Sideshow across the board.
- 6 years ago
I can't justify £1,000/$1,100 for a quarter scale, it's ludicrous. Meanwhile Blizzard put out amazing stuff at this scale for a mere £330 or thereabouts.
I remember when Prime 1 first popped up, they had their Transformer's movie scales vending on Sideshow's site for like £2k, but those were yuge and pretty niche, I figured they were a cray-cray premium product like Cinemaquette had been. But seriously, over 1k for even basic-character-on-base-only quarter scales? Beyond ludicrous.
Now if he were say, £400-450, then I could say that's more of a market price, but looking at their store and the fact that he is going to be sold on there, no chance.
- george_usRegular Boarder
1 month agoI caught that Sheryl figure the other day and thought the sculpt was stunning. If the paint job turns out great, then she'll be hard to say no to unless the price is ridiculous. God I can feel myself falling back down the rabbit hole lol. Might have to take another hiatus next year.
- 5 years ago
- United States
- 1 month agoSideshow came through on Rogue.
Seems like they lessened the Angelina Jolie look a bit. I'll have to get one of these now. There aren't that many statues or figures that get the flying look without using support that breaks the illusion.
I still haven't seen Cowboy Bebop but this prototype (ITEM #806275) looks good.I want vintage anime and videogame figures!
- 1 month agoComic Con is coming up so I expect Sideshow points, discount coupons, or a free shipping offer for Rogue. You can't combine all that stuff at Sideshow so whichever is a bigger discount. She has a high edition size so she isn't going to go extremely fast. But since she is good I expect the 1000 edition Exclusive sales to start picking up speed.
There are some good pictures on Statue Forum too. But I usually check out that guy's channel as he used to have statues everywhere.I want vintage anime and videogame figures!
- 1 month agoSideshow's smaller scale and lower priced figures came out.
I believe this is a release image. I saw a few reviews on youtube and they look good. Too early to buy now though with Comic Con next month. These seem to be an open edition also so if discounts aren't available at Comic Con, then they surely will be most likely during the October month.
I think this small Queen figure is better than the two larger scale versions.I want vintage anime and videogame figures!
- 1 month agoWell, it's a pretty face, but it's not Mai. I think in-game and any official art, Mai always looks at least somewhat Asian if she's in a more realistic/non-anime style, and this looks nothing like that.
- 9 days ago • Updated 9 days agoFaye (ITEM #806275) is painted. But I'm waiting on bigger pictures.
Also, I found this SSSS Gridman girl figure (ITEM #780959). I put the anime on my hurry up and watch list as the character seems clever. And her figure design might be one of those I need to get before she sells out and goes up in price.I want vintage anime and videogame figures!
- 9 days agoI looked for Faye on the Megahouse site but she doesn't seem to be there yet.
I think Koto's two Gridman girls are the best figures of those. The show is very...odd. I won't say more until you've seen it. Be sure you watch every episode beyond the end credits; it's very important here!
G.I. Joe Baroness ITEM #696864 is painted and up for order. She looks really good but it's sad that bishoujo prices have gone up so much.
- 8 days ago • Updated 8 days agoThat Baroness is hot. She is a lot but the best released Baroness that I've seen. Too bad Kotobukiya couldn't do this sort of job on the Metal Gear Solid line.
I watched the first episode of Gridman. It's pretty good. I kind of spoiled it by checking out the background of Akane Shinjo. But so far I'm enjoying it. I'll probably watch another episode tonight. I love the big monsters though. It made me remember this scene in Valis 3. We need a figure of Yuko too.
I was going to post once again that these companies need to get into some of those old anime characters for figures. I searched youtube for Dangaioh episodes because that episode 1 mech fight is still really good. And every time someone has a beam weapon, I think of the Dangaioh Beam. Anyway guess what I saw? A comparison of the animation frames in Dangaioh episode 1 versus Gridman episode 2.
At least someone still likes the old stuff. They really need to get on with a chogokin Dangaioh and some figures of the girls.
Also Fight Iczer One since this is one of the best beam weapon fights.
Also, I might get Spectreman (ITEM #604661). I really don't like the joints but I guess we are lucky to get this character at all.I want vintage anime and videogame figures!
- GaijinDensetsuRegular Boarder
8 days agoBaroness and Scarlet have really raised the bar for the line IMO. Prices are high but tbh I'd rather have nicer figures so it's a good direction for them. Feel the same way about the MGS. Was pretty disappointed with how Sniper Wolf came out.-RMI-
- 5 years ago
- Central NY
- robert18Regular Boarder
8 days agoI don't know anything about G.I. Joe but Baroness really looks great, although I kind of prefer the face of the illustration, is more cute, maybe is the lack of blush in the figure.
- 3 years ago
- 743 replies