- Kylskada • Regular Boarder • lv9#3412 months agoI received something broken from AmiAmi, and rather than just send a replacement for the £20 item they want me to ship the broken one back and then they will ship The replacement out, most likely eating more costs in postage than the item was worth in the process.
I've been given an address to return it to but I've never done international shipping before and don't know what to do about this, where do I get good quality boxes that will make it in one piece what kind of paperwork do I need to fill in, etc. anyone who has had to send things to Japan with Royal Mail before any advice would be massively appreciated.
- Verdant • Regular Boarder • lv20#3422 months ago • Updated 1 month ago---
- Rushwheel • Regular Boarder • lv23#3432 months agoHey guys. Are collaboration doujinshi between Japanese and Korean artists with Japanese circle (Booth) allowed on MFC?
- Rushwheel • Regular Boarder • lv23#3442 months agotomura • 2 months ago • #120354175there should be no issue with collaberation doujinshi; theres a bunch of non-jp artists with doujinshi on the site. just make sure it was sold in japan, but since it's from booth it shouldnt be an issueThank you!
- pocketwatchman • Regular Boarder • lv5#3451 month agoIs anyone here using rotating stands for presentation? What which stand are you using in this case? I wonder which one I should get.
- antipaypal • Regular Boarder • lv4#3461 month agoHello. I have very little idea of what I'm doing and want to sell some figures because I'm not really into these things much anymore. I don't know where to discuss or ask such a thing and this place seems to have a decent focus on buying and selling anime stuff online. If I'm in the wrong thread please redirect me beacaue I dont even use forums at all anymore either.
Anyway I was wondering if theres alternatives that are commonly accpeted instead of paypal because I really dont want to join that again. Ijust hate paypal because of the long days of waiting to move money into a bank to get it as cash.Any time I have used it they make me getting the money for my own needs a pain in the ass and I do not support the ehole "just use paypal and similar sevices for everything in life". I hate it and it is mot the future its a grift but I dont want to get "political". I just cant get many answers from people on anonymous imagebaords.
Does anyone have any idea on alternatives to paypal preferrably anything thats faster? I haven't sold anything like this in years. I just want a method that gets me the money offline and into the form of physical cash quickly and isnt paypal. Hoenstly it blows my mind how much everyone seems to love it and says I'm just too greedy or something instead.
- gloomysalem • Regular Boarder • lv7#3471 month ago • Updated 1 month agowhat does '【要状態確認】' mean on mercari jp?
- #3481 month agotomura • 1 month ago • #120837050I was interested in uploading an Original picture book/art book/doujinshi that was released in both English and Japanese by the artist.
They mostly advertised and sold the English version of the picture book, but the Japanese version was also sold via their shop and at Comita.
Which version is reccommended for creating an entry?
I know MFC requires the Japanese edition but I assume that was meant for manga released outside of Japan (i.e say a VIZ release in the US).
MFC only accepts media published in Japan (that goes for books, CDs, art books, etc.), I recommend adding the JP version. You could mention more information about the English version in the comments though.
- #3491 month agoHello!
Just want to ask as I'm still not sure about the new guidelines in terms of figures.
If a figure from a WESTERN IP manufactured by a CHINESE figure company based on an illustration drawn by a JAPANESE ARTIST, will the figure be allowed to be added here or not? :O
- #3501 month agotomura • 1 month ago • #120919130Technically the IP falls under Chinese origin, even if drawn by a Japanese artist. So I don't believe its eligible.Oooh I see, thank you. :D The IP I was thinking of was Harry Potter, then a Chinese company (Pop Mart ENTRY #243419) made figures based on illustrations drawn by a Japanese artist (ENTRY #41260).
- #3511 month agotomura • 1 month ago • #120919179Oh I completely misread Western in this situation. Yeah, still wouldn't be eligible.
Popmarts current entries are JP origin (Sanrio, Vocaloid) OR Original with JP artists (which classifies them as a JP origin)
Staff is working on changing the guidelines but I don't know if that would make them eligible either...That's alright, thank you so much! Hopefully in the near future such figures would be allowed. :D
- tharglet • Very Important Boarder • lv24#3521 month ago • Updated 1 month agoantipaypal • 1 month ago • #120815886Anyway I was wondering if theres alternatives that are commonly accpeted instead of paypal
For person-to-person sales, PayPal is very much the default due to the buyer protection. Some people are willing to risk-it-for-a-biscuit though. eBay these days transfers to your bank account, so that is one option if you don't mind accounting for the fees (if you have an established eBay account, you'll get your payouts the day after the sale). If you're in the US, Mercari seems to have an option to transfer to your bank account. Not in the US or Japan so don't have experience with Mercari myself, but seems popular.
Depending where you live, you could see if there are in-person options. I've managed to sell cheaper stuff at car boots (UK equiv. of yard sale). If you have a shedload you could see if there's an event or market you can sell at.
If you just want stuff gone and don't care about top dollar, you could look around for anime or comic book stores and do trade-in. You will get significantly less by doing trade-in, with the advantage it's a quick and easy sale.
- ghostbyun • キッケリキー！ • Regular Boarder • lv21#3531 month agoI posted this on the MFC club but haven't had a response yet so I figured I'd ask here too ^^
I have a question regarding ITEM #1765828
Basically, the CD includes a bunch of 'Clear illustration Character Sheets' (26 in total) which can be placed over the CD to change the look and it's also advertised as being possible to use as a clear poster. I was wondering if I should make separate entries for these sheets and mark them as 'bundled with' the cd or if I should just leave it as is. ( Here is the website where you can see what I'm talking about: beinggiza.com/f...)
Thank you very much in advance! ^v^
- Bonus41 • The Golden Disaster • Regular Boarder • lv13#3541 month agoI have a question! I've been slowly tackling uploading all items from a series, they are all goods (acrylic stands, rubber straps, can badges, ect)
There is a rule regarding figures to zoom on the face in the thumbnail, but I could not find anything stating on how to handle the thumbnail of non figure items (goods).
- Bonus41 • The Golden Disaster • Regular Boarder • lv13#3551 month agotomura • 1 month ago • #120992393It's best to crop any and all items to the face regardless if it is figure or goods.
Got it! I will update all thumbnails and apply it to future database postings.
Thanks for the clarification
- lovegraveyard • Regular Boarder • lv9#3561 month agoHey, I was wondering if there was a reason why my images have started shrinking when I'm uploading pictures for items for some reason. It's been fine until just today, where I made a copy of an item but every time I add the main picture it shrinks it. I don't think the images are too big; this is one of the images in question and this is the item where it's being automatically resized: ITEM #1789565
I tried shrinking the photo a little in clip or saving it as a different file type but no luck. Can anyone let me know why this is happening suddenly?
- Missmxify • Regular Boarder • lv8#3571 month agoHello, please delete if this is wrong place to post. I'm wondering what it means when a buyer disappears from inbox? We had agreed on a sale and I gave my paypal details but today there is no sign of them...does this mean they closed their account? Or possible scammer?
- #3581 month ago • Updated 1 month agolovegraveyard • 1 month ago • #121212052Hey, I was wondering if there was a reason why my images have started shrinking when I'm uploading pictures for items for some reason. It's been fine until just today, where I made a copy of an item but every time I add the main picture it shrinks it. I don't think the images are too big; this is one of the images in question and this is the item where it's being automatically resized: ITEM #1789565
I tried shrinking the photo a little in clip or saving it as a different file type but no luck. Can anyone let me know why this is happening suddenly? The dev has been making updates to the site recently. You may want to leave a report in the Bugs Thread (thread/14303) in case this was not an intended change.
Missmxify • 1 month ago • #121224024Hello, please delete if this is wrong place to post. I'm wondering what it means when a buyer disappears from inbox? We had agreed on a sale and I gave my paypal details but today there is no sign of them...does this mean they closed their account? Or possible scammer? No worries, you're in the right place! Usually when someone requests an account deletion, the message should still be there. You can check the Scam Alerts thread to see if they were reported as a known scammer.
- LtSoma • Regular Boarder • lv2#3591 month ago • Updated 1 month agoHello everyone. My question is, where should i post a question about the trustworthy-ness of a online store i used is?
- #3601 month agoLtSoma • 1 month ago • #121224799Hello everyone. My question is, where should i post a question about the trustworthy-ness of a online store i used is?
Hello! Reviews, questions, and comments about shops can be made in this club: CLUB #72
Just located the thread for the store you want to leave a question about.
- 393 replies
The Question and Answer Club1,171
- 1,529 replies • Started by Adamska 2 years ago
- 0 reply • Started by CINCONUMBERCERO 1 day ago
- 378 replies • Started by Moribundead 2 years ago
- 0 reply • Started by mistakemp4 2 days ago
- 4 replies • Started by ShonenJump121 2 days ago